FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

This sure seems like it's the same person. Both are off of State Road 52, a light blue pick-up truck....

Moon Lake Estates New Port Richey, FL

If you travel directly north of this area it takes you to the location of where Jennifer's clarinet was found....

(9:45 am on a Sunday...His true location?)

Did they have a database in place in 1993 to check registrations of owners back then? I know this truck probably wasn't registered but just wondering. If not, can they go back in time and do it now?

Did they have a database in place in 1993 to check registrations of owners back then? I know this truck probably wasn't registered but just wondering. If not, can they go back in time and do it now?

I'm pretty sure they did. And I tend to agree with you that the vehicle wasn't registered. That, or, it was from out of the area.

Recently, I re-newed DH's driver's license for him, on-line, and there is a new feature that shows all the vehicles he's had registered under his name in the past. I can't recall now if it was only in the past 10 years, or if it went further back.

But I'm pretty sure LE can get access to this type of information very easily.

I'm pretty sure they did. And I tend to agree with you that the vehicle wasn't registered. That, or, it was from out of the area.

Recently, I re-newed DH's driver's license for him, on-line, and there is a new feature that shows all the vehicles he's had registered under his name in the past. I can't recall now if it was only in the past 10 years, or if it went further back.

But I'm pretty sure LE can get access to this type of information very easily.

BBM

Wow, that is really a great feature. So if they had a person of interest, they could look it up now and see if he ever owned a truck like this, or a family member or GIRL FRIEND........

This sure seems like it's the same person. Both are off of State Road 52, a light blue pick-up truck....

Moon Lake Estates New Port Richey, FL

If you travel directly north of this area it takes you to the location of where Jennifer's clarinet was found....

(9:45 am on a Sunday...His true location?)

Okay here is part of the article, I snipped for copywright laws..... I bought the article.....

The pickup in the Odom case is thought to be a General Motors model with a step bumper, trailer hitch and tools in the back. It also had an electrical connection, normally used to connect brake lights for a trailer, hanging over the back bumper. Investigators have said for months that the pickup was light-blue but recently said it could have been medium-blue.

The vehicle in Saturday's case was a light-blue pickup with lots of rust on the body. The driver's side had rust holes in the door, a cracked windshield and a ladder rack with a ladder inside. The truck also had a loud muffler, light-blue wheel rims with rust spots, Florida license plates and a black bumper sticker with white lettering on the passenger's side.

The girl in Saturday's incident had gotten a newspaper for her family and was bicycling home near SR 52 and Moon Lake Road, Cannon said.

She suffered scrapes and bruises.

"She's a very strong child," Cannon said. "I think she'll be fine."

The girl recently participated in the Junior Deputy program at her school - a series of lectures given to fourth- and fifth-graders about law enforcement. Lessons include what to do if approached by a stranger and things to look for that will help police find suspects.

"It appears that she did learn her lesson very well," Cannon said, adding that deputies got a detailed description of the truck and driver.

A suspicious incident involving a pickup and a teenage girl was reported in east Pasco County on Friday night, but there is no evidence to tie that case to the Odom murder or the Saturday incident, Cannon said.

The man in Saturday's case was described as white, 5 feet 4 to 5 feet 8 inches, and about 180 pounds. He is stocky, with a short, brown-blond beard and wavy auburn hair. He wore a blue baseball cap pulled low over his eyes, which appeared to have dark bags under them. His hands and fingernails were dirty, two upper teeth were missing and his voice was deep and scratchy.

Deputies also are trying to find a man who frequently is seen riding his bicycle near the Circle K convenience store at SR 52 and Moon Lake Road. The girl apparently gave him a quarter to buy a newspaper just before the near-abduction.

there was also a mention of a illustration at the bottom of the article, but none was included with it.

BBM

Wow, that is really a great feature. So if they had a person of interest, they could look it up now and see if he ever owned a truck like this, or a family member or GIRL FRIEND........

I just went thru the motions to renew my license just to get to the part where it shows vehicle registration.

The system, while flawed, cause it's not showing one vehicle that I did own in the past, does show the first ever vehicle that I had. This was back in 91.

It's not very specific. Just shows the VIN, make, and year the car was made.

Beatrice, the exact location where he tried grabbing her was Key Lime Drive and Hialeah Avenue.

Thanks! Where did you find this specific info?!

(Years ago, Moon Lake had a reputation for satanism, rituals, Santeria...)

Thanks! Where did you find this specific info?!

(Years ago, Moon Lake had a reputation for satanism, rituals, Santeria...)

As I said in an earlier post, at that time, I knew a girl who lived there.

(Oh ya, the KKK adopted Moon Lake Rd at one time. The sign kept getting stolen. I remember as a kid hearing about the witches out there, lol)

Both incidents are off of SR 52....And LAKES.

How far is the lake from Jennifer's bus stop?

The lake, in Moonlake, is, oh, 1-2miles, to the south, of the attempted abduction site.

It's a small lake with a public boat ramp and beach. More of a spot for people who live there.

How many of us believe eyewitness Jack Mulligan?

I am not sure about Jack either, only because eyewitness aren't always accurate and even when you have several they vary. He would have had to be almost up to the truck window to see a purse on a seat. Was this after he heard about it on the news or before that he had this sighting?

I am not sure about Jack either, only because eyewitness aren't always accurate and even when you have several they vary. He would have had to be almost up to the truck window to see a purse on a seat. Was this after he heard about it on the news or before that he had this sighting?

I agree...Eyewitness accounts are the most inaccurate recollections.

That is what I asked him in my letter to him....How was it that you were so close to the truck to see items inside?

Thanks for the links Mr T. I read the 2008 article, that is the newest i have found. I sort of think there were 2 men in this case. If you are driving down a person's driveway, because that is really what it is when you live out here, so close to the home, you want to do this as quick as possible. She was 12, so she would have been hard to keep in a truck and drive. I would think he had help. He drove and the other person snatched her. Of course this is just my imagination of how someone could take a 12 yr old in broad daylight with witness very close, (school bus and kids). Any thoughts on this case???? I want to see if I can post a map of where she was taken and where she was found along with the places the items were recovered. As soon as I get the psychical address, I will post it. Wonder if we could get some others here to help us sleuth this case???? Do you think we would be allowed a Dream/Vision thread since they (Hernando SO) had one person do a reading already???? I think that is great they were so open minded to do this.

I live in Clearwater, Close to 19 and used to live up in Tarpon Springs, about 1/2 mile south of the Pasco Pinellas County Line. I would love to dig into this case.

I lived in Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs and now Hudson, FL (SR 52)

I lived in Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs and now Hudson, FL (SR 52)

Lol- East lake Palm Harbor, and off Keystone east of McMullen Booth, now I am around 19/60.
I am a great researcher, but unfortunately have no car at this point to go searching around.

I am from Milwaukee, so got the Dahmer Case- Laurie Depies was taken from about 20 miles away from mt college, the week i moved into my dorm my freshman year.

That is a case near and dear to me- I wish they would find her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back