FL - Jill Halliburton Su, 59, murdered in her Davie home, 7 Sept 2014

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by OkieGranny, Sep 10, 2014.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-murdered-florida-woman-found-in-bathtub/

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/davie-police-investigating-womans-death-as-homicide/

Jill's FB: https://www.facebook.com/jill.su.7

It looks like Jill and her husband just returned from a trip to Kuala Lumpur. I mean, like, within days of her death.

2. Loading...

3. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

http://www.local10.com/news/coworkers-speak-about-woman-found-dead-in-davie-home/27990310

4. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered New Member

I'm seeing a little flow chart in my brain. A classic sequence of events. Problem with flow charts is you can follow them backwards too.

5. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered New Member

Double post

6. colette

colette New Member

The call first came in as a reported suicide but police later called it a &#8220;suspicious death.&#8221;
    On Tuesday they confirmed the woman&#8217;s death was the subject of a homicide investigation.

Police have yet to release the manner she died or a possible motive.
    She is related to the Halliburton oil family and was married to renowned University of Florida entomologist Dr Nan Yao Su who works at the university research and education center in Davie.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/davie-police-investigating-womans-death-as-homicide/

7. colette

colette New Member

Pool cleaner Ryan Madriz told WSVN-Ch. 7 that he was leaving the home Monday afternoon when the victim's son ran to him in hysterics and begged him not to leave.

"Somebody broke into my house and killed my mom," Madriz said the man told him. "When he said those words, I was like, 'Are you serious?' and I looked down at him and his hands: His arms and his shirt are covered in blood."

Police discovered a smashed window in the rear of the home near the pool, Engle said. They are canvassing the neighborhood for surveillance video.

"We are hoping somebody has captured a bit of evidence on home surveillance," Engle said.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...vie-woman-flamingo-gardens-death-ruled-murder

8. Wondergirl

Wondergirl New Member

I just read about this case on People Magazine's website, of all places.

This is a big wth? I have lots of questions...

9. Wondergirl

Wondergirl New Member

10. Theforeigner

Theforeigner New Member

Some thoughts:

"found dead in a bathtub at her Florida mansion"
    "son called police when he found the body, saying he thought it was a suicide."

IMO: point to that the victim was lying in blood soaked water, and the son thought she had cut her wrists.

"But when authorities arrived on the scene they started investigating the death as a homicide"

IMO: point to that police found that the victim had not cut her wrists, but had been stabbed, therefor all the blood in the bathtub water, and that the way she had been stabbed excluded suicide.

"since the home's back door near the pool was broken and a room had been ransacked, indicating a break in."

IMO: if the killer was a burglar, then WHY was the victim found killed in the bathtub? I mean it makes NO sense. If the victim was found in the bathtub bc she was already IN the bathtub when the burglar entered the house WHY would the burglar kill her? No need to do that at all due to that she had then not seen him and could not identify him.
    And if the victim surprised the burglar WHY would he make the trouble to put her in the bathtub?

I don't believe there was a real burglar brake in, I think the "back door was broken and a room ransacked" was a staged scene and that the killer either was a lust murder or more likely someone close to the victim.

11. colette

colette New Member

Many murdering rapists do put their victims in the bath tub to try and get rid of DNA and other evidence. Not sure if that is the case here but it is not that uncommon.

12. QueenMictlan

QueenMictlan New Member

Been looking around researching on this case. I see where she just got back from vacation with her husband. I kind of think someone might have been casing the house and knew they were on vacation and didn't expect her to be there. I find the pool guy suspicious after looking at some information about him. I hope they catch who did this.

13. lstiff

lstiff New Member

Following. Interesting.

14. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney New Member

And what about the son.......hmmm?????!!!!

15. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

BBM

Agree. Curious also that the husband asserts he was unable to view home surveillance cameras and sent his son to the house. Why? What was the urgency to check on her or the house?

Unfortunately, there seem to be several cases where the perpetrator (the spouse) sends someone else to check on things only for that person to discover the deceased. And with that, he is on the top of my list of POI.

:(

MOO

16. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

Very confusing.

I wonder why her husband couldn't veiw the surveillance cameras? I also wonder why he wanted to view them while he was at work. Did he often do this?

17. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Drew Peterson for 1

18. panthera

Exactly. Also Chris Coleman, Jason Young....

:rolleyes:

19. panthera

That is my primary question. What was so urgent that day that he needed to see what was going on at the house (*if* he is not the perpetrator)? Was there an ongoing problem that he feared someone would break in? Was he trying to check up on the pool cleaner? Or was it just a ruse to get his son over there and find her?

:waitasec:

MOO

20. otto

otto Verified Expert

It might be that it was their habit for him to keep an eye on the house through his computer. When the system was down, he asked his son to see what was wrong. It could have been a very innocent request.

21. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney New Member

This is a gated community in not a high-crime rate area; plus most of the houses have security cameras and many of the houses have yards that are mostly exposed (not heavily treed). Not a likely place to burglarize. So, that tells me that it was a crime of opportunity like a burglary gone wrong by someone who would not look suspicious being on the property OR it could be a personal/emotional issue made to look like a robbery. I do think it a tad odd that the professor had the type of "live" camera security system--doesn't seem like this neighborhood warranted it but maybe that's just how he rolls being a techy researcher, eh?

If I am correct, there are only a few possible suspects.

moo