GUILTY FL - Jill Halliburton Su, 59, murdered in her Davie home, 7 Sept 2014 *retrial 2022*

Why did the son report suicide to the police and murder to the pool guy? If he thought his mom had been murdered what made him trust it wasn't the pool guy? And the cameras don't surprise me much.. She was from big money. Her and her husband looked happy and she seemed like such a peace loving woman. Hope this case is solved fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did the son report suicide to the police and murder to the pool guy? If he thought his mom had been murdered what made him trust it wasn't the pool guy? And the cameras don't surprise me much.. She was from big money. Her and her husband looked happy and she seemed like such a peace loving woman. Hope this case is solved fast.

Maybe when the son first saw his mother and called 911 he thought it was a suicide due to the fact she was bloody in the tub. (Common place people cut their wrists) But then after he hangs up and looks around he sees it actually looks like murder, maybe stabbing marks, ect. Then he finds the room ransacked and broken glass and "knows" it is a home invasion/murder. This was a back entrance, maybe he arrived via the front. Or even the press got it wrong and he never said suicide.... I wonder if the killer swam or raft boated to the back of the property, bypassing the front gate.

It might be that it was their habit for him to keep an eye on the house through his computer. When the system was down, he asked his son to see what was wrong. It could have been a very innocent request.

How about the phone? I haven't read anywhere that he called home or his wife to see (if he was so concerned) what was wrong with the system. I assume he knew she was home. Something is odd here. Jmo

ciao

How about the phone? I haven't read anywhere that he called home or his wife to see (if he was so concerned) what was wrong with the system. I assume he knew she was home.

On Monday morning, Dr. Nan Yao Su, a professor of entomology at the University of Florida's Research and Education Center in Fort Lauderdale, tried to watch the live feed of his home's security cameras. When he was unable to see the feed, he called home. Receiving no answer, he called his adult son and asked him to check on the house.

http://www.people.com/article/jill-halliburton-su-murder-florida

Police confirm a back glass door by the pool was smashed.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/09/10/authorities-get-deeper-look-into-life-of-murdered-davie-woman/

If the back door by the pool was smashed I wonder more about the pool guy....

On Monday morning, Dr. Nan Yao Su, a professor of entomology at the University of Florida's Research and Education Center in Fort Lauderdale, tried to watch the live feed of his home's security cameras. When he was unable to see the feed, he called home. Receiving no answer, he called his adult son and asked him to check on the house.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/09/10/authorities-get-deeper-look-into-life-of-murdered-davie-woman/

Thanks so much for the info about the call. :)

ciao

How about the phone? I haven't read anywhere that he called home or his wife to see (if he was so concerned) what was wrong with the system. I assume he knew she was home. Something is odd here. Jmo

ciao
That was what led to my questioning him sending his son there, assuming he is innocent. The house was in a gated community, mostly likely not a high-crime area where one would need personal home security cameras functioning 24/7. Even though she didn't answer the phone, it still appears he is slightly paranoid about checking on the house. I am also very curious what may have happened during their trip to Malaysia that may in some way be connected to her murder.

MOO

Or someone who knew the pool cleaner would be there and wanted to make it appear he was involved. I also noted the timing of the son's arrival with the pool cleaner still there...

:waitasec:

MOO

If the pool man was involved why would he still be on the property? If one were to stab someone in a tub I would think he would have gotten out of there. Jmt

ciao

I have so many questions.

I wonder just how far from the pool was the glass back door which was smashed?
Shouldn't the pool guy have seen the smashed in glass door while working there on their pool?

Why was the husband so eager to see the life feed? Did he suspected his wife to have an affair or were they threatened by someone recently?
Was it normal for the husband to watch the life feed of their house?

In the photo of their home, the pool looks close so I can't imagine the door not being seen by the pool guy. Of course, I don't have a pool guy so perhaps he has more duties than I'm aware. Maybe he also does lawn work and wasn't just tending to the pool.

In the photo of their home, the pool looks close so I can't imagine the door not being seen by the pool guy. Of course, I don't have a pool guy so perhaps he has more duties than I'm aware. Maybe he also does lawn work and wasn't just tending to the pool.
Having had several pool cleaners over the years, it's very possible he just doesn't pay attention to anything but the pool. Most of the ones I've had didn't really spend that much time at the house, they just did what they had to and left.

What is curious is if this guy was usually at the house at the same time of day or was it just very coincidental that the son got to the house while he was still there. Talk about timing.

MOO

Glad to see Jill's name in the thread title.

Thanks to whomever asked for that :seeya:

Lots of questions here:
This is within a gated community with guards at the gate. Why not just call up the guardhouse & ask them to check things out? They all have those roving cars or ATV's and making sure everything is ok is their job.
Why call the son? From reports I've read it was the "oldest" son. Where did the children live & how many are there? And seemingly very strange to me is that in earlier reports, the pool cleaner guy claimed the son had a lot of blood on his arms/hands! Seriously, how does that happen?

Did anyone have access to the house while the couple vacationed in Malaysia?

Did anyone see someone suspicious out by the ravine in the back? I'm assuming from the searches that they are looking for the murder weapon???!!!

Lots of questions here:
And seemingly very strange to me is that in earlier reports, the pool cleaner guy claimed the son had a lot of blood on his arms/hands! Seriously, how does that happen?
I think if I found my mother collapsed in a bath tub with blood on her I would pull her up or try to help her. To not touch his mother would be more suspicious to me, unless she had been obviously dead for sometime.

Apparently it's pool guyS...? :waitasec:

Moments later, as Madriz was leaving, the victim's son ran outside the home. "I see the kid open the door, and he's crying, screaming hysterically, and he's telling us, 'Don't leave, you can't leave,' so, I ask him, 'What's wrong? What's going on?' and he said, 'Somebody broke into my house and killed my mom.'"

Or else that was a slip...?

This is also odd...

It's the craziest thing he's seen, he hears screaming. Then he hears screaming repeatedly saying, "No!" Then the screaming stops and he decides then to ignore it? :facepalm:
The woman's body was found inside a house at 10327 S.W. 22nd Place, at around 2 p.m. Monday, by a family member. "It was the most craziest thing I've seen," said Ryan Madriz, who had just finished cleaning the pool at the home, when he heard screaming. "It sounded like he was screaming, 'No, no,' and the screaming stopped, and I didn't really pay no mind to it," he said.

As the next thing following the paying no mind it to it is:

Moments later, as Madriz was leaving, the victim's son ran outside the home.

So he obviously wasn't planning to check to be sure nothing was wrong or...anything...

Did TWO people check the house and we've only heard about the son?

Madriz is saying it was the son who he interacted with, but everything else is saying "a family member" and also that the family member hasn't been named.

And could that account for 911 being told suicide and the pool guy saying he said murder? :waitasec:

The woman's body was found inside a house at 10327 S.W. 22nd Place, at around 2 p.m. Monday, by a family member.

Moments later, as Madriz was leaving, the victim's son ran outside the home. "I see the kid open the door, and he's crying, screaming hysterically, and he's telling us, 'Don't leave, you can't leave,' so, I ask him, 'What's wrong? What's going on?' and he said, 'Somebody broke into my house and killed my mom.'"

Madriz said that is when he realized the victim's son was covered in blood.

Miami Gardens Police said the family member called to report a suicide after the woman was found dead in a bath tub. Police have not said who made the discovery, but they did explain that the circumstances are being called suspicious because a window was found smashed at the home. Police are currently questioning this family member and have not said how the woman died.

If the son had seen the smash in prior to finding his mom, surely he'd have said that on the call to 911 and NOT said it was suicide, right?

Miami Gardens Police said the family member called to report a suicide after the woman was found dead in a bath tub.

Yet the pool guy is told murder.

I ask him, 'What's wrong? What's going on?' and he said, 'Somebody broke into my house and killed my mom.'"

How does that work?

Either the pool guy is lying about what the son said, or two family members were at the house despite us not being told about a second (which could account for not only the differences in what was reported, but also the pool guy always specifying "son" and the others only "a family member") or else that was a huge slip by the son.

And really, ignoring not having told 911 about the break-in but reporting the suicide (if there really is only one family member who was at the house)...

If the son discovered the house broken into prior to entering, surely he'd have called the police first before entering the house, no? Or at least called them while entering and told them that.

And since the time between the screaming "No" repeatedly and the son running out to where the pool guy was apparently was very, very short, it's not like the son found his mom in the tub and THEN searched the house and saw the pool room smash in.

Plus, it wasn't like an alarm being set off is why the dad wanted the house checked, so it's not like a break-in was suspected and the son would have been circling the house to see if there'd been a break-in.

And again, even if he had, why wouldn't that have been included in the call?

Also, what's with this:

Miami Gardens Police said the family member called to report a suicide after the woman was found dead in a bath tub

"Our detectives are going door-to-door to see if anybody in the neighborhood saw anything," said Davie Police Captain Dale Engle.

If you have any information on this murder, call Broward County Crime Stoppers

Davie PD makes sense. The residence is in Davie.

Broward County Crime Stoppers makes sense. Davie is in Broward County.

But what's up with Miami Gardens? And not only them being involved, but them being the ones who got the call?

Did the call NOT come from inside the home?

Miami Gardens isn't even in the same county (it's Miami-Dade).

It's not much bigger than Davie. Plus there are other cities that actually do neighbor Davie that are also in Broward County (like Davie) and that are at least the size of Miami Gardens.

I know where I live my 911 calls go to CHP and not SDPD - but that's because I virtually live on a freeway. PLUS, they get transferred right to SDPD if it's not a road related incident. I'm also right on a boundary line agency wise, but unless they thought the cause behind any incidents happened in, were related to, or got calls from that other agency, it's extremely rare that they'd have any jurisdiction over or involvement in the case (unless it were needing resources they didn't have...but again, that's extremely uncommon)

This story isn't passing the smell test IMO - on many fronts!

What if the son was talking to his dad when he found her and the husband called 911 and reports it as a suicide. That would account for 2 people's versions; but to me would clearly implicate the husband more.

I agree 100% that this one doesn't pass the smell test; and really makes me think that this is an inside job. Our alarm system rings an alarm company who sends the police to check it out if it rings or if it is non-working.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back