Found Deceased FL - Jim Johnson, 39, Orlando, 6 December 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jim Johnson Jr.
jim-johnson-1207.jpg
missing-man-car-orlando-1207.jpg

A 39-year-old man has vanished, along with his car, and Orlando police are investigating it as a possible kidnapping.

Jim Johnson, Jr. was last seen at 9:45 a.m. Friday at Goolie's II Barber Shop and Beauty Salon, 1109 S. Orange Blossom Trail.

Police are asking the public for information about what happened and any information about his missing white 2012 Cadillac CTS. The Florida tag number is F55-4AW.

Police did not say exactly why they think he may have been kidnapped, but if you have any information about where he might be, you're asked to call Crime-line at (800) 423-TIPS or 407-423-8477.

"This is an active investigation and no additional information will be released at this time,'' police in an alert. This is a developing story. Check back later for updates.

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cf...n/2013/12/7/suspicious_missing_p.html?cid=rss
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...an-kidnapped-orlando-20131207,0,3549150.story

Well he doesn't appear to need a barber himself, so why was he there?

Well he doesn't appear to need a barber himself, so why was he there?

Good question. As a young..*cough* man of color, barber shops are often good hangouts. Usually a group of guys just hanging around barber shops talking, laughing and just having a good old time. Some come there just for that, and not to get hair cuts. If you've ever seen the movie Barbershop with Ice Cube, there you go. :)

On a side note, although I still have a good amount of hair now, I'm on my way to his level....uggghhh!

Edit - The more I started thinking about it, the more it dawned on me that along with the good, comes the bad. Sometimes shady individuals hang around barbershops. I've seen them all. People selling drugs, guys selling bootleg copies of movies...etc. Often times the barbershop owners can be a little shady. Often times barbershops can be just a front for illegal activities. I'm so glad you made that statement. Thanks Rizzo! That opens up a whole herd of possibilities.

Sometimes men with little to no hair go to barbershops to get a good shave. Its sort of like a social gathering too.
Wonder what this gentlemen does for a living?

Oh yes, and wonder who reported him missing?

He looks well groomed. In his pic I see a hair line at the top of his head. My guess is he stops in to get that part shaved.

I cut my husbands hair at home but he would never cut his own. Even though I just use one length. It's hard to be sure you get everything.

Will one of you do me a favour? Will any of you look up his criminal record and see if he has a Facebook account? Thanks! :)

Will one of you do me a favour? Will any of you look up his criminal record and see if he has a Facebook account? Thanks! :)

Not finding a FB. Hope someone else has better luck. x

His name is so common it's hard to find stuff and know its actually him.

It couldn't have been easy to kidnap him. He looks like a strong guy. There had to have been weapons and/or drugs involved (meaning given to him to subdue him). I sure as heck wouldn't be able to force him into a vehicle otherwise.

It couldn't have been easy to kidnap him. He looks like a strong guy. There had to have been weapons and/or drugs involved (meaning given to him to subdue him). I sure as heck wouldn't be able to force him into a vehicle otherwise.

Or he got in a vehicle under false pretenses. Maybe someone who was a supposed friend or acquaintance.

I still can't find out who reported him missing/kidnapped.

Whenever I see "Jimmy" Johnson, I think of the NASCAR driver. LOL Its definitely making it a challenge to track him.

I still can't find out who reported him missing/kidnapped.

Whenever I see "Jimmy" Johnson, I think of the NASCAR driver. LOL Its definitely making it a challenge to track him.

Hahahaha...when I hear the name Jimmy Johnson, I think of the coach of my Dallas Cowboys back in the glory days of winning Super Bowls. But I ran into the same challenges of the name being so 'common' for lack of a better word.

And when you search his name with FL it comes up a pastor in Miami. Grrr

His legal name would be James so start there; and compare any social media photos to the one we have...

Why would they not think he may have left and had an accident, and be down a ravine since he's diabetic? What led to this thought of kidnapping? I would think carjacking before kidnapping. Those two are totally different to me.

He was last seen AT the barber shop or LEAVING the barber shop? Did anybody actually see him leave? What was the weather like that morning? Could someone have jumped in the passenger side when he was at a stoplight? stop sign? That almost happened to me at a stop sign. It was around 1am, I was on my way home from work and this woman and man tried to get into my passenger side as I came to the stop sign. I was lucky because my doors automatically lock when I start my car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back