GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

Accused Fla. killer Kimberly Kessler incompetent to stand trial | firstcoastnews.com

Accused killer Kimberly Kessler incompetent to stand trial, doctor says
She was previously deemed incompetent to stand trial in 2020, but Circuit Judge James Daniel overruled that determination.
f5437cf2-d3a3-437e-b33c-0d84fbe7cc64_1920x1080.jpg

NASSAU, Fla. — Just 80 pounds following a hunger strike and allegedly prone to spreading and throwing feces, Kimberly Kessler has presented mental health issues almost since her arrest on murder charges in 2018.

Now, a doctor has found her mentally incompetent to stand trial, according to court records.

JUN 30, 2021
Butler Co. woman missing for decades, charged in Florida murder found competent to stand trial – WPXI
Kimberly Kessler, the woman facing a murder charge in the death of Florida mother Joleen Cummings, was once again ruled competent to stand trial on Wednesday.

[...]

She was brought into the latest competency hearing strapped on in a wheelchair, repeatedly yelling, “Jordan Beard is Joleen Cummings’ cousin” and was kicked out to a holding cell where she appeared via Zoom.

Kessler was originally ruled incompetent to stand trial at the beginning of July of 2019 in a Florida court and was committed to a state hospital.

JUN 30, 2021
Butler Co. woman missing for decades, charged in Florida murder found competent to stand trial – WPXI
Kimberly Kessler, the woman facing a murder charge in the death of Florida mother Joleen Cummings, was once again ruled competent to stand trial on Wednesday.

[...]

She was brought into the latest competency hearing strapped on in a wheelchair, repeatedly yelling, “Jordan Beard is Joleen Cummings’ cousin” and was kicked out to a holding cell where she appeared via Zoom.

Kessler was originally ruled incompetent to stand trial at the beginning of July of 2019 in a Florida court and was committed to a state hospital.

Wow. Strapped down in a wheelchair? I guess whatever it takes right? Lol

Kessler is doing all she can not to go to trial. In the recorded prison phone calls she sounded lucid. If the courts don't intervene I think she will starve herself to death. The pictures of Kessler with her weight changes, wigs and different alias'...I never would have guessed they were all the same woman. That takes skills I don't believe a mentally ill woman would have the where-with-all to pull off. She isn't ill. She is cunning. My opinions.

Defense asks judge to submit questionnaire to potential jurors in Kimberly Kessler trial

After the judge ruled a second time in June that Kessler is competent for prosecution, a December trial date was set. Ahead of the trial, defense lawyers have asked the judge to submit a questionnaire to potential jurors.

In the two-page motion, the defense cites media coverage of the case no less than six times, calling it “focused intensely,” “extensively,” “significant,” and “pervasive.” Defense lawyers also cite social media discussion of the case, including a “sleuth group” that’s posted and commented for years.

The defense has also re-filed a series of motions to throw out virtually all the physical evidence in the case. Those motions will be taken up at a hearing on Sept. 22.

Judge grants 16 defense motions to suppress evidence in Kimberly Kessler’s trial

Judge grants 16 defense motions to suppress evidence in Kimberly Kessler’s trial
"A lot of the evidence would’ve been hearsay, including from five men identified as Kessler’s ex-boyfriends and female jail inmates in Nassau and St. Johns counties.

The judge also ruled the prosecution can not tell the jury about Kessler’s 17 aliases, the four wigs found in her storage unit or about the two machetes that were found in Cummings’ SUV."

Next court date: 11/16
trial still scheduled for 12/6.

Not a bit surprising, IMO. I think it was a question of when, not if, she was going to disrupt the court proceedings today. Her accusations have been proven untrue (and there also 2 other public defenders as her co-counsel), but I fully expect her to continue outbursts like that throughout the trial.

Another article & video: Jury selection begins in the Kimberly Kessler trial
"But a few seconds after she was brought in in a wheelchair, she began to scream, “Jordan Beard is Joleen’s cousin and I refuse this assigned counsel.”"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back