GUILTY FL - Jordan Cooper, 25, found deceased, Keystone Heights, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

He lives on her street. Was found hiding in his attic. Band aid from her attic had his dna on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Minor criminal history, nothing major. His dna was not in database. He was looked at because of another robbery on the same street.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow, so happy they caught the alleged perp and it sounds like a great case. Shock because I knew him when he was little. I had to take my 82 year old mom food shopping while all this was going down. And I couldn't get on tapatalk.

How ironic that LE found him hiding in his home's attic. :(

“While trying to find him, he was hiding in his attic in his house in the same road,” McKinney said. “We found a bag of women’s clothes with him, several of those from Cooper’s home. … Because of its location, it became a concern for us. They live on the same street and they are close in age. The suspect is 27. So yes, they had some familiarity just living in the same neighborhood.”

I wonder where the other women's clothing is from and if this was his first sexual assault.

http://jacksonville.com/news/public...an-charged-death-sexual-battery-jordan-cooper

Authorities have made an arrest in the case of a missing woman found dead in an attic in Northeast Flroida.

The Clay County Sheriff's Office said evidence in a separate burglary case linked 27-year-old Joe Arthur Turner to the killing of Jordan Cooper.

Deputies arrested Turner on Dec. 29 on a burglary charge.

According to the sheriff's office, evidence from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement linked Turner to Cooper's killing. Deputies arrested Turner Friday morning after getting a warrant.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/man-charged-in-murder-of-florida-woman-found-dead-in-attic
90cf702327423ad2c2f6dad7c4437bbe.jpg

Authorities have made an arrest in the case of a missing woman found dead in an attic in Northeast Flroida.

The Clay County Sheriff's Office said evidence in a separate burglary case linked 27-year-old Joe Arthur Turner to the killing of Jordan Cooper.

Deputies arrested Turner on Dec. 29 on a burglary charge.

According to the sheriff's office, evidence from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement linked Turner to Cooper's killing. Deputies arrested Turner Friday morning after getting a warrant.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/man-charged-in-murder-of-florida-woman-found-dead-in-attic
90cf702327423ad2c2f6dad7c4437bbe.jpg

I'm wondering if he was a sexual predator that stole women's clothing and progressed to rape and murder or if he may have had a clandestine relationship with Jordan. I guess a relationship would not explain the other women's clothing found in Joe's attic. The home he lived in is owned by his mother. It's the family home so he was not living alone.

A neighbor on the news last night stated that she'd hired Joe for odd jobs and that he was alone in the house with her and she didn't feel uncomfortable at all. She also stated that she knew something was up when LE came to her home and asked if she had ever seen Joe with women's clothing. Not sure if they meant wearing or just in his possession. Joe's family home is a beautiful and well kept ranch with a swimming pool on several acres. I can't find any record in Clay County Clerk of Courts but Joe may not until now have been caught for crimes.

Did he go in with the intent to burglarize and find Jordan home? He had to have known that she lived there alone and didn't leave much. But then the sexual assault...

What the heck happened?

Joe Turner has hired an attorney but hadn't had the time to get in touch with him by today's court appearance a news report stated.

On Nov. 1, deputies began investigating a burglary at Cooper's home. Records of area shops where the stolen tools were pawned led them to serve an arrest warrant on Joe Arthur Turner's home, down the street from where Cooper lived, on Dec. 29. Turner was found hiding in the attic of his home.

Also in the attic of Turner's home, deputies found a bag of women's clothing, some of which matched clothing missing from Cooper's home. At that point, detectives returned to search Cooper's attic. Her body was found that evening, hidden under layers of insulation.

Court documents show Cooper died of asphyxiation. Detectives said she was killed sometime between 3 p.m. Nov. 25 and 8 p.m. Nov. 26. She was reported missing on Nov. 28.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/flori...es-details-in-death-of-keystone-heights-woman

There's something wrong with this report. Jordan was found December 9th. :(

Thank God his bandaid fell off in Jordan's house, though I suppose the sexual assault kit would've also found it (if he was unprotected). His DNA isn't in the system so he's never been caught for SA before. If not for finding some of her clothes in his possession when he was arrested on the robbery charge, LE may have had no reason to check his DNA against the sample in Jordan's case.

What a creepy perv equivalent to a pedo based on her intellectual age.

I really feel for the family, particularly Jordan's mother, in this case. Accusations can have such a damaging effect on an innocent family member when murders happen. I'm glad they caught the and I hope her family can find some sense of peace and finally have their names cleared. Jordan was clearly loved and her family were just trying to help her live an independent life even with her disability.

Strangeworld, you're so right. It's easy to speculate here especially when we don't have all the info that LE does. I'm glad an arrest was made and that there will be justice for Jordan.

How true! I saw so many things that were so unusual. Jordan's parents just never felt she had any deficits and for their own private reasons stayed very private throughout the investigation. When I heard that Jordan's mother had cleaned the house, wouldn't let volunteer searchers into the yard, and wasn't in front of the cameras begging for her return, I found that odd. Just as Camus pointed out in "The Stranger", we have prescribed roles for situations and judge accordingly. I do feel shame and hope I have learned something that stays with me. :blushing:
But most importantly, I am so relieved that Jordan's killer was identified and will be removed from society.

When there is more info on the perp, Joe Turner, I will post. I did look through some local yearbooks and he did not graduate from the local high school despite attending the elementary school.

"A man has entered a guilty plea in a high-profile murder of a Keystone Heights woman, according to Clay County court records.

Court records show that on March 10, Joe Arthur Turner, 31, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, sexual battery and burglary.

He had been set for trial next month in the death of Jordan Cooper.

By pleading guilty, the death penalty was taken off the table as part of his deal with prosecutors. He’s scheduled to be sentenced Friday morning in Clay County court and faces 55 years in prison."

Man pleads guilty in Keystone Heights woman’s murder

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member