GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerBalm

Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose
Reaction score
11vmts1.gif

Campaign ads, defense closing.. same difference, thankfully it is done!!

Spellbound

falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
Reaction score
OT: I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you here for the considerate civility expressed by all participants. This has been the best forum! Thanks to all you good people for all your input.:seeya:

ShadyLady

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to Dunn's background? Can't believe he does not have a history...

Isabelle

Verified registered nurse
Reaction score
He is their only child... they didn't think they would be able to have children.

OMG? Bless them. I at least still had two children after losing my youngest, not that it really makes it any better. So sad.

turaj

Reaction score
probably not a popular comment here but Strolla did an excellent closing and opening..he had no relevant or credible witnesses. He at the end really hit on the personal responsibility of the jurors together with all his smoke and mirrors and after that I would not doubt manslaughter. I think he should get first or second but after that closing I think the verdict will not be as fast as I anticipated...I am concerned about hung jury

ScarlettScarpetta

When the going gets tough, drink coffee
Reaction score
probably not a popular comment here but Strolla did an excellent closing and opening..he had no relevant or credible witnesses. He at the end really hit on the personal responsibility of the jurors together with all his smoke and mirrors and after that I would not doubt manslaughter. I think he should get first or second but after that closing I think the verdict will not be as fast as I anticipated...I am concerned about hung jury

I think he did the best with what he had. But it ain't much.

He did not change a thing for me.

MeeBee

Reaction score

I'm not. And I don't wanna toot my own horn, but I'm usually right on when it comes to outcomes of the trials I'm following. I'm usually not surprised. I think it'll be guilty first degree.

zqtpie

Reaction score
Not calling 911 is going to do Dunn in. Because of that, has NO credibility.

Isabelle

Verified registered nurse
Reaction score
Something deep inside tells me this jury will be much like the others and will blow this case off. Almost afraid to continue to follow.

State gets another crack at closing? I hope they drive home MD's leaving the scene and taking absolutely no action on his own.

Btw has anyone noticed if MD's fiancée is in court (are they still engaged)?

magpie

Derek's Grandma
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to Dunn's background? Can't believe he does not have a history...
I saw a post similar to what you are asking for last night but don't remember where I saw it.

I know he was flying his Dad's airplane some years ago (2007?) and was forced down by fighter jets when he entered Nasa airspace and was flying near the space shuttle Atlantis. He didn't clear the resticted airspace when prompted several times. He was then questioned as a possible terrorist:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2007-05-23/news/VPLANE23_1_space-shuttle-dunn-nasa-officials

turaj

Reaction score
I'm not. And I don't wanna toot my own horn, but I'm usually right on when it comes to outcomes of the trials I'm following. I'm usually not surprised. I think it'll be guilty first degree.

I do hope you are right but I think Stolla did enough in closing to take a potential first degree down at least to second. Much depends on jury's ability to understand what appear to be very complicated instructions.

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 4m
Jurors 9, 10 seem most restless. Both white males, welder and software designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.