GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Argument over loud music led to teen's fatal shooting, cops say (orlandosentinel.com)
A Brevard County man was in jail Monday, accused of shooting a teenager dead in an argument over loud music.

Michael David Dunn, 45, and his girlfriend were in Jacksonville Friday for Dunn's son's wedding when they stopped at a convenience store, Jacksonville sheriff's Lt. Rob Schoonover said.

Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and several other teenagers were sitting in a sport utility vehicle in the parking lot when Dunn pulled up next to them in a car and asked them to turn down their music, Schoonover said.

Jordan and Dunn exchanged words, and Dunn pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, striking Jordan twice, Schoonover said. Jordan was sitting in the back seat. No one else was hurt.

Dunn's attorney Monday said her client acted responsibly and in self-defense. She did not elaborate.
---
more at the link, with pictures

ETA: Media/timeline reference thread - FL - Man alledgely shoots teen over loud music encounter in Park.Lot - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread#1

Thread#2

Thread#3

Oops, bringing over from the other thread as I asked some questions just as it was shutting down:

I don't know much about this trial, I only have caught a few minutes here and there on HLN in the background. I have two groups questions, if anyone can help me:

1. Are any/none/all of the letters, and specifically the racist letters, that MD wrote from jail going to be available as evidence?

2. Is there any news about the jury composition? How many are there, and how many alternates? Not sequestered, right? What about composition of age, race, gender, vocations? Anything noteworthy from jury selection or other jury observations?

There are FAR too many hotheads out there. God forbid if they all had guns.

I've said it before, I've seen enough of "The First 48" to know that in just ONE moment of anger or perceived insult, so many lives change in that instant. You can't unring the bell or get a "do-over" - it's done.

And most often the people in the Murder Interrogation Room on TF48 end up sobbing and saying how sorry they are. Well, all that "sorry" ain't gonna get you out of jail, and it certainly won't bring back a life.

The worst thing about this , is that he shows absolutely NO remorse. He only comes off (and has said) it was warranted.

Thank you for the shiny new thread, Coldpizza!

(Can you make the colored bars go away, too?) :D

Lulu67, I agree, he has shown no remorse. But, if he has to convince the jurors that it was self defense, he has to at least act like he believes it himself. I don't know whether he really does or just is playing it up for the jury.
It's really sad either way. If he had just ignored the music, he would have been at home with his happy life right now.
And, Jordan Davis would be alive and well.
And life would be full of rainbows and unicorns, right?

Oops, bringing over from the other thread as I asked some questions just as it was shutting down:

I don't know much about this trial, I only have caught a few minutes here and there on HLN in the background. I have two groups questions, if anyone can help me:

1. Are any/none/all of the letters, and specifically the racist letters, that MD wrote from jail going to be available as evidence?

2. Is there any news about the jury composition? How many are there, and how many alternates? Not sequestered, right? What about composition of age, race, gender, vocations? Anything noteworthy from jury selection or other jury observations?

1.) Not sure, since I didn't know about that.

2.) I believe there are 10 white people, 4 black people, 2 Asians and a Latino/a. I may be wrong, but that's what's in my mind. And no....I obviously am not sure on how many people are seated (jurors and alternates). I think the majority of them are women though.

Edited to add: I probably didn't help at all. =o)

They already quoted a letter written to somebody ("Matthew"?) where Dunn described the event.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-jury-michael-dunn-murder-trial-picked-secret

There are FAR too many hotheads out there. God forbid if they all had guns.

I've said it before, I've seen enough of "The First 48" to know that in just ONE moment of anger or perceived insult, so many lives change in that instant. You can't unring the bell or get a "do-over" - it's done.

And most often the people in the Murder Interrogation Room on TF48 end up sobbing and saying how sorry they are. Well, all that "sorry" ain't gonna get you out of jail, and it certainly won't bring back a life.

The worst thing about this , is that he shows absolutely NO remorse. He only comes off (and has said) it was warranted.

And toss in some alcohol for bravado.

Any idea how far behind HLN is in the testimony? He's questioning how Dunn got out of his car/ran behind his car and was protecting girlfriend coming out of the station.

TIA!

for Lulu...go to Courtchatter and she has a detailed list of the jury...pretty mixed bag

It appears that they must have been ruled inadmissible or they would have been brought out by now. I'd think. Maybe they can be brought out while he's on the stand and hopefully that's what the 20 minute break is about. And hopefully they'll rule to let him be questioned about them.

Someone posted that in the last thread. Maybe they can do it again here.

Clock is back on WAT - no more colored bars :)

I wonder why the prosecutor is letting him explain himself so far beyond a "yes" or a "no" to his questions. Maybe he is hoping to trip him up?

This article shows excerpts from some of the letters I was wondering about: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/18/jordan-davis-shooter-michael-dunn_n_4123805.html

I'll quote one below:

The jail is full of blacks and they all act like thugs. This may sound a bit radical but if more people would arm themselves and kill these (expletive) idiots, when they're threatening you, eventually they may take the hint and change their behavior.

There are others of a similar theme, sent to various people.

I wonder why the prosecutor is letting him explain himself so far beyond a "yes" or a "no" to his questions. Maybe he is hoping to trip him up?

The more Dunn talks, the worse he sounds. Not just what he says, but the attitude he has when he's saying them. Mr. Guy knows exactly what he's doing :)

MD just makes my skin crawl mainly because I use to have a neighbor who looked and acted just like this man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member