GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn.......my first reaction to shots fired is hit the floor, discern where the shots are coming from, and call 911 (which is weird because the customers in the Gate just looked in the direction of the shots). In a vehicle, I'd get out of there, do a visual inventory and call 911.

If there HAD been a weapon in the boy's vehicle, they would have sprayed MD's vehicle faster than he could have reached for his gun, and no one would have left the vehicle to do it.

The barrel of a 12 or 20 gauge seen and you think you have time to get your weapon out of a glove box, unholster it, chamber a round, turn around and shoot? NOT gonna happen.

Seriously, MD was fat and slow...and intoxicated. And then there's the "issue" of yet another "injured finger":facepalm: Where have we heard THAT story before?

Dang..........................a large pine tree limb just slammed down on my roof over my bedroom. There are limbs down all over my yard, pine trees are bending over with ice. Lost power for just a few a little while ago. I will probably lose power just as verdict comes in.

So sorry...hope no damage. Sorry OT

Damn.......my first reaction to shots fired is hit the floor, discern where the shots are coming from, and call 911 (which is weird because the customers in the Gate just looked in the direction of the shots). In a vehicle, I'd get out of there, do a visual inventory and call 911.

If there HAD been a weapon in the boy's vehicle, they would have sprayed MD's vehicle faster than he could have reached for his gun, and no one would have left the vehicle to do it.

The barrel of a 12 or 20 gauge seen and you think you have time to get your weapon out of a glove box, unholster it, chamber a round, turn around and shoot? NOT gonna happen.

Seriously, MD was fat and slow...and intoxicated. And then there's the "issue" of yet another "injured finger":facepalm: Where have we heard THAT story before?
I am glad more posters are recognizing the role alcohol played in this.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
Still going through instruction... sounds pretty standard #DunnTrial

My gosh... can we please start the clock already. lol

IF MD were to be acquitted, it would be the ultimate irony, for accepting that such behavior was justified would give young people the impression that if they want to have a chance to survive, better arm themselves in case there are other MDs running around. Shoot first or die.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
There are "subfindings" under consideration here as well, including whether #MichaelDunn used a gun, had a gun, etc #DunnTrial

Any lawyers out there? Would alcohol intoxication have been considered a mitigating factor in terms of culpability?

Any lawyers out there? Would alcohol intoxication have been considered a mitigating factor in terms of culpability?

You mean driving around drunk and then shooting someone to death???

I am not convinced that someone fat, slow and intoxicated can hit a moving SUV 9 or 10 times.

I wonder if they checked at wedding to see how many drinks he was served..

Good point. Seems to me the bartender would know. Maybe prosecution decided Rhonda was a good enough witness on this point. If alcohol consumption was a greater issue to the DA in presentation this case, I guess they would have pursued it deeper

I am not convinced that someone fat, slow and intoxicated can hit a moving SUV 9 or 10 times.

He didn't fire all of the shots at a moving SUV. When he started firing the SUV was not moving and parked right next to him so he could hardly have missed it.

Not sure what being fat or skinny has to do with shooting accuracy but everyone could see his body type while he was in the courtroom.

Surely you must know there are various degrees of intoxication. He was probably functionally drunk. The alcohol affected his rage.

I am not convinced that someone fat, slow and intoxicated can hit a moving SUV 9 or 10 times. Drunks can't even walk a line straight let alone hit a moving target.
Corey is doing an excellent job on the closing.
Clearly, the jury saw the "kids" up front and personal and know they are not "boys". I doubt they will appreciate the state characterizing the young men that way.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom now
Healey: do not begin deliberations until you choose a foreperson #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Healey now identifying alternates v jurors #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members