GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all I was doing too. You posted something I responded. That's a discussion. I don't think I was out of line either. I'm not accusing you of a thing, I just think it's a bit presumptuous to think the black mothers would be more apt to sympathize with the boy than anyone else with children.

Nothing nefarious.

I respectfully disagree. AA mother's are well aware of the differences in how black kids are treated. The GZ case brought out a lot of people who said they had to sit their sons down and tell them how to deal with law enforcement because they will be handled differently due to them being black. I think this goes into general society too. JMO

LOL. The rest of us could just get saws and cut Florida off the rest of the continent. Anyone good and decent should probably start packing and leave just in case!

I actually do worry about how people in the community will react if this is a NG verdict. I can't imagine anyone will be pleased with that outcome.

Are you suggesting that America needs a vasectomy? :floorlaugh:

Yep, sure is. I'm wondering what all the supporters of SYG are secretly thinking: "Gee, this sure isn't what we thought would happen if this law passed". Not that anyone with half a brain couldn't foresee this.

Who knew a bag of popcorn or loud music constitutes a deadly weapon.

BBM

Yep.

If the Jury follows the law there is no way to convict him. The State didn't prove premeditation. The defense clearly made the point that he was intimidated and threatened. Florida State law makes it clear the if you threaten bodily harm and faint action to make that person believe you are going to take action, use of deadly force is justified!

Like I said from the beginning this had little to do with loud music and everything to do with threats and intimidation.

Maybe, hopefully this will be a wake up call to every young person that being polite will get you a lot farther in live then being belligerent!

I think the point Mr. Guy made to the jury was the part of reaching over, opening the glove compartment, pulling out the gun, removing it from the holister, sliding the bullet into the chamber, then turning around aiming and hitting his target exactly where he was aiming. All this time he supposedly had a shotgun pointing in his direction....which no one else witnessed. One eye witness was standing right next to his car watched him pick up the gun, then turn and fire. Did not see JD out of the SUV but saw the SUV immediately back out once the shots were fired. Premeditation can be seconds. The second you decide to pick up a gun with the intent of firing it at another person is long enough.

So we are talking 4, 5, 6 seconds and no one fired a weapon at MD. Not from the front passenger seat, the back driver's side passenger seat, not the driver's seat and most importantly no shots were fired from the back right side of the passenger seat. MD did not duck down to grab his gun. He testified he leaned over to open the glove box. His head was still visible above the seat. If someone were aiming a gun at you your instinct is to duct to protect yourself. He never did that according to witnesses and according to his own testimony. He just turned and fired. Every bullet after that was a conscious effort. Continuing to fire at the back of the vehicle while they were pulling away.

It will be the witnesses that seal MD's fate in this case. jmo

@RachelLeitao: Judge Healey saying he will let #dunntrial jurors decide behind closed doors if they want video tomorrow or tonight. #michaeldunn

All teenagers are "belligerent". It's in their job description. I was mouthy as a kid at times, and so are all kids. That shouldn't be a capital offense, and no one should ever, ever execute another human being just for being rude.

Exactly - my delightful 12 year old turned into a horror at the next birthday - recovered at about age 22. Being a teenager is not usually a death sentence.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 20s
Healey says video is about 20 mins long and six different angle. Will find out if they want to see all. #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Yes there is, No one threatened him. He started the issue, He shot at a car full of kids that was right next to his car. when they were retreating he continued to shoot at them.

There is no self defense here. None. The law is clear, You have to be in fear for bodily harm/life. He was not. Not in the least. He was in his car, sitting there and picked a fight.

JMO
The state didn't prove that, The state has the burden to prove what they claim.

this is one hands on judge...does stuff himself and seems to have a good relationship with everyone in the court...and treats everyone with so much respect. If this was judge stephens she would never have gone back herself and things would take hours to get done.

All teenagers are "belligerent". It's in their job description. I was mouthy as a kid at times, and so are all kids. That shouldn't be a capital offense, and no one should ever, ever execute another human being just for being rude.

Thank you for saying this. We just cannot be executing kids because they are sometimes annoying and/or rude. It amazes me that I am typing something like this in 2014 America.

I respect your opinion and understand how you reached it, though I don't agree. However, all it will take is the 12 members of the jury to share your views and Dunn will be free...scary thought IMO.
All it takes is 1 out of twelve, then the state can try twice more.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 7s
Healey: I'm anticipating we're not going to conclude this evening #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

guy on hln just called the case "road rage in a gas station"...that is about it

I respectfully disagree. AA mother's are well aware of the differences in how black kids are treated. The GZ case brought out a lot of people who said they had to sit their sons down and tell them how to deal with law enforcement because they will be handled differently due to them being black. I think this goes into general society too. JMO

Are you suggesting that America needs a vasectomy? :floorlaugh:

BBM

Yep.

I agree with that, I even thought about it just now. But I take offense to the idea that the black women will be the ones to not let Dunn off, no matter the evidence, because of emotion. Perhaps they can relate more to the plight and the presumptions that young black men have to deal with. But I still find it a little offensive. It's surely a possibility that they could think that way. But it assumes the black moms have already made their decision and are not going to weigh the evidence just as intelligently as the rest of the jurors.

It's like saying, there's no way the white men on that jury will let Dunn be found guilty because they see themselves in him. They will identify with him and won't vote against him.

Again, I find it presumptuous.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 31s
While jury decides on surveillance video-related q's, Healey debating letting 2 alternates leave #DunnTrial

Judge on bench discussing what to do with alternates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong