GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letter from 6/23:

"For some reason, they're not taking me seriously and doing what I said! I sure am not used to being ignored like this..."

Regarding when the phones were out on some floors at the jail, and MD wanted them fixed. He's a control freak, imo. Wow.

Maybe they are getting great meals at the hotel and said what the hell, lets eat good again and convict him in the morning.

I doubt it. They have at least one juror that doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.
I don't know what I would do if I were on this jury dealing with a holdout. I'd probably end up arrested:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letter from 6/23:

"For some reason, they're not taking me seriously and doing what I said! I sure am not used to being ignored like this..."

Regarding when the phones were out on some floors at the jail, and MD wanted them fixed. He's a control freak, imo. Wow.

thank you button did not suffice. I caught that too and am glad I was not the only one that line struck that way.

ETA I think it was a sad attempt at humor but also very telling. You know the old axium about there being a hint of truth behind a joke made?

Nancy Grace vs Frank Taaffe - GOLD

'you had your chance, you dropped the ball. Taaffe steaming. :floorlaugh:

Completely different kind of case, but Florida did get the Bob Ward murder case right IMO. I never bought his story, but I felt like the jury could be fooled with the painting of victim in that one. Jury didn't buy it, asked a lot of questions during deliberation.

IMO, the jury here is only waivering between 1st degree and 2nd, probably regarding his intent.

I think if he had his weapon on his person *first* and somehow angrily, reactively shot at the boys, that might be 2nd degree. (If I were a juror.)

MD confronted, then reached into his glove box for the weapon and fired that many shots into an occupied vehicle. For me this raises it to 1st degree.

He made a decision to get the gun when he could have just let the whole thing go.

Again, I just think they are taking their time on the degree of the crime, not the guilt of shooting the victim.

My opinion, for what it's worth...he's a sociopath

He reminded me of JA with his "flip" answers....."you weren't there"...."would have been nice if you had shown that"......"so what's your point"....

jmo

Hey do you guys listen to that radio show that is mentioned on the home page of this site? She has Vinnie Politan talking about Michael Dunn right now. It's interesting as heck.

http://www.iheart.com/live/extreme-talk-6302/

I think you have to make an account with the radio website, I put it on my phone and it works good.

Nancy Grace vs Frank Taaffe - GOLD

'you had your chance, you dropped the ball. Taaffe steaming. :floorlaugh:

I missed it watching Olympics. Now I will have to catch the rerun at 1am.

I doubt it. They have at least one juror that doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.
I don't know what I would do if I were on this jury dealing with a holdout. I'd probably end up arrested:/

:floorlaugh:

That's my lady :loveyou: . I would back you up.

Finally finished the letters, those that I could read, anyway. How I wish the racial remarks and the plans to sue everyone under the sun were brought into evidence, as well as the word "". He comes off as so demanding, and his letters to RR were so blatantly him telling her what to remember about that night.

IMO, this is someone who isn't so much successful in his own right, but has been coasting on his father's coat tails, especially financially. He wants what his dad and his dad's friends have, but can't get it himself. Letter to his son was very interesting, too. He's seen him three times in fifteen years, but has the nerve to tell him how to live, what kind of car to buy, etc...

Piece of work, this one. NOTHING is his fault. I can hear Juan Martinez saying "what's a guy to do?" over and over again in my head.

My thoughts for the night :) Have a good night, everyone, and hopefully tomorrow we'll see justice for Jordan.

He reminded me of JA with his "flip" answers....."you weren't there"...."would have been nice if you had shown that"......"so what's your point"....

jmo

Yes, and another one I just cringed about.... There was something the Prosecutor asked Dunn and he (Dunn) said something about Too bad you didn't show all of that (?), and Dunn looked over at THE JURORS and said " You guys will get to see that. "

Yep, sure is. I'm wondering what all the supporters of SYG are secretly thinking: "Gee, this sure isn't what we thought would happen if this law passed". Not that anyone with half a brain couldn't foresee this.

Who knew a bag of popcorn or loud music constitutes a deadly weapon.

and getting a burger order wrong...

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/02/incorrect_burger_orders_lead_t.html

You didn't ask me this question but I'll answer anyway. Yes, I have pointed a firearm at someone knowing that I may have to shoot someone, maybe even kill them. I saved my husband's life after we were savagely attacked by a drugged up gang of ****s. My husband's scalp was torn nearly off from the kicking and one of the ****s pointed a rifle at his head and pulled the trigger three times. I couldn't see my husband there were so many around him, I figured he was dead. I had a pistol in my pocketbook, pulled it and the **** just pointed his rifle in my face. It was literally a standoff. Then he made the mistake of trying to karate kick the pistol out of my hand, I fired and hit him in his most special place. I had to hold the pistol on the rest of the pack, help my husband off the ground and into our car. Had to put the pistol down to start the car and change the gears and was slammed in the face with a fist while they were trying to reach the pistol. We managed to escape with our lives. Long story short, but this situation was definitely self defense. Dunn's situation IMO was not.

:eek: :eek: lonetraveler!! Good thing you had a gun in your pocketbook, you would not be typing this now!! :scared:

Im sorry, I laughed out loud at this. So someone is sitting in their car and listening to it loud... And you actually roll down the window and ask them to turn it down?

Oh boy..

I wonder if it was sinatra blaring if it would have bothered him...

I have to admit I had At the Hop blasting on my radio!! :blushing: For all you "youngsters" out there... :drumroll:

[video=youtube;k6EeObPCMR8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6EeObPCMR8&feature=kp[/video]

now, wouldn't you have that blasting on your radio and dancing in your seat!!

:Banane21: :Bananasnap:

:floorlaugh:

Just catching the end of this trial, have been watching the Amanda Hayes! Will continue reading tomorrow! Hopefully, a verdict tomorrow!!
:seeya:

Finally finished the letters, those that I could read, anyway. How I wish the racial remarks and the plans to sue everyone under the sun were brought into evidence, as well as the word "". He comes off as so demanding, and his letters to RR were so blatantly him telling her what to remember about that night.

IMO, this is someone who isn't so much successful in his own right, but has been coasting on his father's coat tails, especially financially. He wants what his dad and his dad's friends have, but can't get it himself. Letter to his son was very interesting, too. He's seen him three times in fifteen years, but has the nerve to tell him how to live, what kind of car to buy, etc...

Piece of work, this one. NOTHING is his fault. I can hear Juan Martinez saying "what's a guy to do?" over and over again in my head.

My thoughts for the night :) Have a good night, everyone, and hopefully tomorrow we'll see justice for Jordan.

It's disgusting to me that they weren't allowed in, in their entirety! IMO they should have been.

Lonetraveler is my kinda gal !!
:)

I like to think that they are trying to decide between 1st & 2nd degree - that could be quite likely.

I like to think that they are trying to decide between 1st & 2nd degree - that could be quite likely.

I'd still be arrested...the older I get the less tolerance I have for stupidity!

You didn't ask me this question but I'll answer anyway. Yes, I have pointed a firearm at someone knowing that I may have to shoot someone, maybe even kill them. I saved my husband's life after we were savagely attacked by a drugged up gang of thugs. My husband's scalp was torn nearly off from the kicking and one of the thugs pointed a rifle at his head and pulled the trigger three times. I couldn't see my husband there were so many around him, I figured he was dead. I had a pistol in my pocketbook, pulled it and the just pointed his rifle in my face. It was literally a standoff. Then he made the mistake of trying to karate kick the pistol out of my hand, I fired and hit him in his most special place. I had to hold the pistol on the rest of the pack, help my husband off the ground and into our car. Had to put the pistol down to start the car and change the gears and was slammed in the face with a fist while they were trying to reach the pistol. We managed to escape with our lives. Long story short, but this situation was definitely self defense. Dunn's situation IMO was not.

BBM

Holy Cow! :eek: You should change your member title from "registered user" to "Resident Bada$$". I am in awe!

Can you recap?

I can't see where you can listen to it later. :( Maybe somebody else knows how to do that.

The most interesting thing to me was Vinnie Politan said that Mike Dunn never called the police at all. When he did talk to his neighbor, who Vinnie said is a park ranger or something (?) it wasn't even about the shooting.

I would like to find out more about that because I didn't ever read that before.

I didn't get to hear the whole program, if somebody knows how to listen later please post a link okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74