GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by wfgodot, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

I don't sleep well normally, and now I sleep even worse. I'm lucky if I can get 2-3 hours/night now. As a Floridian, a Mom and a person who has been impacted personally by unnecessary gun deaths, I am a staunch advocate for stricter gun laws. If MD is found NG or there is a hung jury, I'm gonna lose it. Seriously, I may have to move my family from FL.

Done with rant.

2. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
    there are demonstrators starting to gather here. We'll see what happens.

3. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

If Dunn testified that he was certain that a shotgun was pointed at him and he could describe what it looked like, then it would at least show why he thought that's what happened.

He didn't testify to that. He wasn't sure what he saw. I don't feel that he was justified in using his gun from reading his own testimony.

4. Lulu67

Lulu67 New Member

I think the only time I could kill someone, would be if they were actively trying to kill myself, my husband, my elderly mom (or any other family member), or attempting to kill or seriously maim an elderly person or child.

I would intervene if someone were getting just a whoopin, but someone attempting to kill or do SERIOUS harm to an older person?? OH NO!!

But I say that now. Taking a life is a VERY serious thing, that should not be done willy nilly.

5. Softail

Softail Well-Known Member

Jury asks questions on Day 4 of deliberations

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
    Less than an hour after the jury in Michael Dunn murder trial began its deliberations Saturday morning, the juror sent out three questions:

1.Is the defense of self-defense separate for each person in each count? Judge Russell Healey answered "Yes."

2.Are we determining if deadly force is justified against each person in each count? Judge: "Yes."

3.If we determine deadly force is justified against one person, is it justified against the others. Judge: "No. Self-defense and justifiable use of deadly force applies separately to each count."

Dunn and defense attorney Cory Strolla objected to the way the judge answered the last count, but that the judge overruled and gave that instruction to the jury and it was sent back into deliberations just after 10 a.m.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/michae...ations/-/475880/24499490/-/va41j/-/index.html

6. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Well-Known Member

:eek:hoh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

7. JaxFlaGal

JaxFlaGal Well-Known Member

Detailed indictment from grand jury here:
    http://www.michaeldunntrial.com/files/81994169.pdf

8. Gin

Gin Share a smile

This is exactly my fear. You put it far better than I did. Thanks for making it so clear.

9. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

bbm: :eek:

10. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

I'm really not liking the way this seems to be turning out....

Verdict watch threads tend to be more anxious chatting and fewer facts as the evidence has been discussed extensively earlier, during the trial. JMO, it's just the nature of the beast.

11. Softail

Softail Well-Known Member

Former prosecutor analyzes Michael Dunn jury

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
    Jurors in the Michael Dunn trial have spent the equivalent of more than four work days in the jury room, dissecting evidence, discussing their opinions and deciding on guilty or not guilty.

Channel 4 spoke with a former prosecutor to get perspective on the way the jury has kept this case in their hands since Wednesday.

"It indicates that they're going to be splitting the baby," said former Assistant State Attorney Wesley White.

Video at link:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/former...-jury/-/475880/24497606/-/k38vjo/-/index.html

12. Zuri

Zuri Well-Known Member

It was interesting that in his testimony he used words like imminent threat, which were a part of the jury instructions. Strolla coached him well.

13. imawitch

imawitch Member

so glad u have the taptalk link here ..as I will download it to my droid..

that way while grocery shopping I can check this thread whilst waiting for a verdict..

eta, hi every 1..following along

14. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

I still can't figure out how someone can shoot at teens 10 times then drive away and not call police. What ever happened to not leaving the scene of a crime. And I think Dunn knew he hit Jordan, Jordan must have screamed in pain.

Other weapons in Dunn's car should have been shown.

Not happy with prosecution. They could have shown who Jordan was. And I do think it was a hate crime. That's why there is no remorse to this date. Not from Dunn, or Dunn's daddy. imo

15. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

People who are shot don't usually scream, do they? I would think the reaction would be more like stunned silence. But my only experience with gunshot wounds is what I hear in cases like this and what I see in the movies.

16. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
    During jury selection Cory Strolla asked prospective jurors if they could stand up to peer pressure. Possible one juror took him seriously.

17. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

I don't think he did scream.

18. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

They for sure don't when they are gasping for air as was testified to.

19. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

FYI, I tried to post a link to the schedule of lesser includeds, etc., but for some reason it said my post was going directly to moderation. Maybe a mod can rescue it?

20. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Well-Known Member

Does anybody still think the judge will even go with the Allen charge? My perception is that the judge already feels that this jury is trying very hard to come to a unanimous decision and he won't want to "scold" them. I guess he'll ask both sides what they want to do, but he seems to respect their ability to try to work things out and the next note or verdict form may well be the end of it. MOO Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.