GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the entire trial and all of the police interviews and imo it was clearly self defense. The eyewitness accounts back up everything MD has consistently said. The regurgitation of media soundbites are being turned into false facts. Thankfully the jury will only see the true facts and not the hyperbole.

There are 4 different people he was shooting at. How can you not agree that they are all separate? If you think one person is trying to kill you (which I don't believe is true AT ALL, in this case), can you just kill everyone in his/her vicinity?

I agree. That question really defies logic. I can't get my head around why anyone would even ask that.
It must appear somehow to be more complicated...maybe?

I'm one of those who won't vote for her when she runs again. She's no Harry Shorstein (her predecessor). She ran as tough on crime, but she overcharges and that actually seems to hurt her office when they lose high-publicity cases. She seems to overcharge and overpublicize to the press, and then weakens when it's time to bring the case home at trial. Firing 20% of the SAO employees after her election also did not endear her locally, and it also may explain some of the in-court weaknesses seen in her office's prosecutions. One thing she has going for her in the short-term is that the current issues in the public defenders' office (Google Matt Shirk) shifted media focus away from her office after her unsuccessful prosecution of the Zimmerman case until this trial.

I agree, she won't get our vote either. I find some of her grand standing after the Zimmerman trial rather vulgar and frankly, embarrassing.

I looked at the Demographics for Brevard County where Dunn is from.

Brevard County: Caucasian population is 84.2%, AA 10.5%, Hispanic 2.3%, Asian 2.3%.

Florida as a whole: Caucasian 78.3%, AA 16.6%, Hispanic 23.2%.

Duval County: Caucasion 62.5%, AA 29.9%, Asian 4.4%, Hispanic 8.1 %

Looking at these demographics, is the jury proportional?

Hmmm, I'd say so.

Rhonda knew there was a police car across the street, why didn't Dunn go there? Can't wait till he is in prison.

I would rather see a retrial than a split.

I am still trying to understand..how could MD hear anything Jason said? He said he is deaf in his left ear..Jason was behind and above him AND his window was up? How?

I watched the entire trial and all of the police interviews and imo it was clearly self defense. The eyewitness accounts back up everything MD has consistently said. The regurgitation of media soundbites are being turned into false facts. Thankfully the jury will only see the true facts and not the hyperbole.

I watched the same trial and do not see how witness accounts line up with Dunn's version at all. No one saw Jordan get out of the car, no one heard him saying anything, only Dunn. I don't understand how this is clearly self defense when only Dunn's testimony supports Dunn's version of events.

not quite getting the judge's answers on those last questions .. how can he be found criminally liable for attempted murder while simultaneously being found to be shooting in self defense .. that would mean that you can still be found guilty even if you're shooting in self defense ..

either he was shooting in self defense and isn't guilty of anything or he's guilty period .. I don't agree with the judge on that one .. strolla's objection is a valid one

But you hear the judge saying that he thought they are deliberating about the first 3 shots being self defense, and the shots after the car left were not self defense?

We must not have been watching the same trial. All testimony, except for Dunn's, is consistent with murder. If somehow the jury acquits Dunn then I hope the feds press hate crime charges.

Or believe him when he says he thought he saw one?

But, but, but it is not legal to shoot someone because you "thought" anything, you are supposed to be sure!

I still believe those darned jury instructions are the cause of a lot of wrong verdicts. :-(

I have to say I watched the entire trial via youtube without reading any background to the case via any media. From what was presented in the courtroom, I had reasonable doubt on his guilt. Therefore I would be siding with not guilty too.

I don't have direct knowledge either, but wasn't someone screaming in the car. I know I would be. I still think Dunn knew he hit Jordan, maybe even from Jordan's body movement. Why leave the scene unless you knew you did something wrong.

I can even understand leaving the scene. If he truly believed there was a gang of thugs with weapons and his life was threatened and acted in self defense... By all means ... Do what ya gotta do & flea the scene to safety. That would be instinctual. IMO just as it would he instinctual to call 911 as soon as you got away! Any normal reasonable person would dial 911!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. That question really defies logic. I can't get my head around why anyone would even ask that.
It must appear somehow to be more complicated...maybe?
I don't get it either. Perhaps some people view the 4 different people as one threat? It doesn't work that way. They are all distinct and separate individual human beings.

I also don't get how anyone with a lick of sense can believe this self defense farce. To me, it's illogical and silly, really. Most people with any type of reasoning skills could see right through Dunn and his made up stories.

There are 4 different people he was shooting at. How can you not agree that they are all separate? If you think one person is trying to kill you (which I don't believe is true AT ALL, in this case), can you just kill everyone in his/her vicinity?

I'm thinking someone has an issue with the shots fired into the front door as attempted murder because they believe MD was aiming at JD. And the shots to the back were on JD's side even though one bullet ended up over the driver's sun visor. They may feel MD wasn't aiming at them and therefore was not trying to shoot the other's in the car. In other words, MD's intent was not to kill the others even though he knew that was a possibility because even MD said "they" might have fired on him as they were leaving. Of course he stepped into a line of fire to make it seem as if that were possible. jmo

I don't get it either. Perhaps some people view the 4 different people as one threat? It doesn't work that way. They are all distinct and separate individual human beings.

I also don't get how anyone with a lick of sense can believe this self defense farce. To me, it's illogical and silly, really. Most people with any type of reasoning skills could see right through Dunn and his made up stories.

I don't think anyone believes it. I think someone may feel they have reasonable doubt. jmo

Welcome to our group djameson. :seeya:

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

:wagon:

Perhaps because he continued to shoot even after the immediate threat was over?

well who defines when the threat is over ? .. especially in that situation when the alleged attacker is shielded by a car ..

this is a good point and one that I was contemplating .. no you can't kill everyone in the vicinity .. but my point is are you guilty of attempted murder ? .. you shouldn't be .. if your own life is in danger(not saying his was, but speaking in general)and you shoot in self defense but kill an innocent, that's not attempted murder .. I think we can agree on that ..which is why the judge's answer to the latest questions don't make sense ..

it doesn't make sense for him to tell the jury "well yes, you can find he shot in self defense" but also find him guilty of attempted murder on the other 3 people .. if you're shooting in self defense, you're not attempting murder .. it should be manslaughter .. but it looks like he's going to get attempted murder charges going by the answers the judge gave them to these latest questions .. that's why I say strolla's objection was warranted ..

edit: unless they have the option for attempted manslaughter ? if that term even exists lol I don't know

I'm thinking someone has an issue with the shots fired into the front door as attempted murder because they believe MD was aiming at JD. And the shots to the back were on JD's side even though one bullet ended up over the driver's sun visor. They may feel MD wasn't aiming at them and therefore was not trying to shoot the other's in the car. In other words, MD's intent was not to kill the others even though he knew that was a possibility because even MD said "they" might have fired on him as they were leaving. Of course he stepped into a line of fire to make it seem as if that were possible. jmo

I think he kinda closed that door when he told John Guy there were "four shooters" in the car during cross.

I looked at the Demographics for Brevard County where Dunn is from.

Brevard County: Caucasian population is 84.2%, AA 10.5%, Hispanic 2.3%, Asian 2.3%.

Florida as a whole: Caucasian 78.3%, AA 16.6%, Hispanic 23.2%.

Duval County: Caucasion 62.5%, AA 29.9%, Asian 4.4%, Hispanic 8.1 %

Looking at these demographics, is the jury proportional?

They're not in Brevard, they are in Jacksonville.

I can even understand leaving the scene. If he truly believed there was a gang of thugs with weapons and his life was threatened and acted in self defense... By all means ... Do what ya gotta do & flea the scene to safety. That would be instinctual. IMO just as it would he instinctual to call 911 as soon as you got away! Any normal reasonable person would dial 911!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AND the police car across the street (repeat!), I forgot, did this come out in court?

But, but, but it is not legal to shoot someone because you "thought" anything, you are supposed to be sure!

I still believe those darned jury instructions are the cause of a lot of wrong verdicts. :-(

That's not true, imo You have to subjectively believe that you're in fear for your life or of great bodily harm, and your belief must be objectively reasonable. You don't have to be sure.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members