GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
For long time MD watchers....i noted in the tapes that MD was having RR recruit character witnesses for the bond hearing and she was not doing well with it...people were just not calling back..is the bond hearing on video??? Wonder who showed up other than "bid daddy's" friends???? Would like to see MD's face when they denied the bond.

Morning everyone!

Hoping for justice for Jordan today. I have company coming over in the afternoon so I hope they come back this morning.

Hi all. I don't post much, but wanted to ask a question. I remember from another case, but this was AZ, that when there were lessers included, they had to get past the 1st degree to even consider the lessers. So for the AZ case, they had to get past 1st degree and find suspect not guilty of that charge, to move onto a lesser charge, of say 2nd degree, manslaughter, etc. Do we know if that is true in Florida? Seems to me if it works the same way, they are past the murder 1 charge. No? My understanding is that juries must work from the highest charge down, then all the lessers. Is this wrong?

Hi Babe,

Welcome to our group and that's an excellent question. That sounds right to me, but I'm in Texas, so not 100% certain of Florida. But, it sure sounds right, and makes me nervous too. Hopefully, someone who knows for sure can tell us.

Hope to hear more from you now that you're posting.

:wagon:

I would encourage people to listen to the phone/jail house recordings...MD was like a child in terms of his relationship to his "daddy" as he calls him in one tape and our little Rhonda certainly changes her interest level and tone even in the month span of the tapes. She is actually the smarter one diverting the talk when MD wants to go in the direction of race etc. She is not as dumb as I thought but clearly depends on him financially. They are so excited about "Corey" the saviour who has just come on the job...I mean he is a NRA guy and this is important to them. I hope we can get more of those tapes...I don't think MD is walking as the differences in the jury room would just not result in people caving to not guilty...that just could not happen.

My understand on the prison calls... the media pays for them at the beginning of the week and Friday by 5pm some are released to them and they put them out for the public.

Morning All,
I am taking my Board Exams today, so I won't be able to receive the alerts in real time for the morning out on the West Coast. I admit I am stunned we are here together on a Saturday morning, on Verdict Watch, for what seemed like such a clear cut case.
I know the jury isn't supposed to consider punishment in their deliberations, but I find myself wondering whether or not this has come into play (albeit silently) into the mind(s) of the holdout(s).
MD needs to be held accountable. Anyone with an ounce of logic just needs to listen to the gunshots to know premeditation played a role. The car was occupied by teenS and MD knew it, and the fact that Jordan Davis was the only one hit remains a flat out miracle - and a tragedy in this case.
I continue to hold onto hope that a verdict will be reached today. Guilty on all counts. MD should not go free. He should never be allowed to hold a firearm again. He should finally know what accountability is. Jordan Davis, the Davis Family, and the other boys in the Durango - all of their lives are forever changed. Justice must prevail. May it be today. :twocents:
#RIPJordan
:rose:
:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning All,
I am taking my Board Exams today, so I won't be able to receive the alerts in real time for the morning out on the West Coast. I admit I am stunned we are here together on a Saturday morning, on Verdict Watch, for what seemed like such a clear cut case.
I know the jury isn't supposed to consider punishment in their deliberations, but I find myself wondering whether or not this has come into play (albeit silently) into the mind(s) of the holdout(s).
MD needs to be held accountable. Anyone with an ounce of logic just needs to listen to the gunshots to know premeditation played a role. The car was occupied by teenS and MD knew it, and the fact that Jordan Davis was the only one hit remains a flat out miracle - and a tragedy in this case.
I continue to hold onto hope that a verdict will be reached today. Guilty on all counts. MD should not go free. He should never be allowed to hold a firearm again. He should finally know what accountability is. Jordan Davis, the Davis Family, and the other boys in the Durango - all of their lives are forever changed. Justice must prevail. May it be today. :twocents:
#RIPJordan

Good Luck with your exams!!!! You'll do great!!!!!

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom
When #DunnTrial jury begins deliberations again this AM, they're at more than 20 hours #MichaelDunn

Good morning everyone!

I listened to this trial live while I was at work. I took some time yesterday (local holiday) to go back and listen to a lot of the testimony I missed before. I hope the jurors were paying good attention when Rhonda Rouer was called back on during prosecution rebuttal. I read about that and heard about it later, but to me it was real powerful when she said it on the stand that he didn't tell her he saw a gun that night and that he never called the cops (not even the "crop cop" neighbor) at all. I'm praying that is in the juror's minds this morning.

We can't know what the jurors are having trouble reaching consensus about. Maybe we find out real soon. :please:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 30s
Looks like media getting in to #DunnTrial courtroom. Expect judge shortly to say jury deliberations again underway #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 7s
Jury is not here yet, according to Healey #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Morning All,
#RIPJordan

Good luck!!! :please:

Good morning all, hope the Jurors reach a verdict!

continental%20breakfast4.jpg

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 9s
Healey says jury is now here, they want the large evidence boxes removed from their deliberation room (too crowded ) #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 22s
Healey says jurors have inspected evidence "thoroughly" and can still ask for it back while deliberations continue #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 9s
Verdict watch day four officially begins #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
Jury now arrived. Deliberations start at 905. #DunnTrial

jurors asked to have large evidence boxes moved out...they are done with them..seems like they want more space in there...probably are doing the paperwork right now.

I did a quick search on YouTube and didn't find any postings for the bond hearing itself. There are a bunch of news articles posted by the Jordan family attorney.

Morning all -

I'm hoping for a verdict by lunchtime. One of my DS asked me a question and I have no clue to the answer. IF there is a mistrial, will MD remain in jail until the next trial, assuming the state decides to try him again?

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan
And now we wait for the jury to do.......something. #DunnTrial

:floorlaugh:

On the jailhouse phone calls between MD and RR he continues to discuss his version of what happened with her when he knows, and she keeps reminding him, he's not to talk about it. He ignores her and continues. We can also see through MD's letters that he tries to go over what happened with her when he knows she is a State's witness. She kept with her original story which probably did not make MD very happy. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821