GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury asked some really big questions, IMO:

"Is the defense of self defense separate for each person for each count?" Answer is YES.

"are we determining if deadly force is justified against each person in each count?"
Answer is YES.

"Or if we determined deadly force is justified against one count, is it justified in the others."
Answer is NO, NOT NECESSARILY. Each count needs to be determined separately.

Okay jury watchers, what do you think this indicates?

Michael Dunn said, during his testimony, that there was a pop before his gun shots started that could have been a gun being fired.

The pop was probably the anger-volcano erupting in MD's brain.

I think that was while on the stand with Guy questioning him and viewing the store video.

Yes, it was a throw away comment, not to be taken seriously, meant to plant the idea in someone's head. But he didn't say Jordan shot at him. He did mention the possibility though.

I think that was while on the stand with Guy questioning him and viewing the store video.

I don't remember Dunn saying anything about a pop during police interview. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Michael Dunn said, during his testimony, that there was a pop before his gun shots started that could have been a gun being fired.

Yeah, Dunn did say that but not very believable to me. Anyone who has ever been that close to a shotgun being fired knows that there is a lot more noise than "a little pop" and there would have been scatter from the shotgun and plenty of evidence to see.

I don't remember Dunn saying anything about a pop during police interview. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

He said it on the stand during cross examination. I remember it very clearly because my eyes about rolled of my head and I think Guy had a Juan Martinez head splodey, oh no, you're not gonna say something that ridiculous now moment. You can also hear the pop.

I noticed a change in RR as the phone calls went on too. I also took notice of RR when she left the witness stand during Rebuttal and from what I saw she never even looked at Dunn. She headed straight for the Prosecution table to retrieve her purse, did not look Dunn's way, and left the courtroom. The camera the panned straight to Dunn and he looked a bit puzzled or maybe disappointed that she did not look his way. I too would like to know the relationship between the two of them now.

They should be releasing the jail calls as time goes by. They take some time to redact. So far, we have the earliest. By the end of them, RR, was starting to run into financial difficulties. I'd like to follow their calls along and see if she changes as they go on.

MD's story that he asked (in a nice way!) Are you talking to me? is completely refuted by the independent witness (Steven Smith IIRC) who says MD shouted "You're not going to talk to me like that" just prior to the shooting. Clearly, MD has soft pedalled his role in this crime.

He said it on the stand... Told the jurors they'd have the opportunity to hear it.
It was just another self serving lie. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD's story that he asked (in a nice way!) Are you talking to me? is completely refuted by the independent witness (Steven Smith IIRC) who says MD shouted "You're not going to talk to me like that" just prior to the shooting. Clearly, MD has soft pedalled his role in this crime.

I think he did say are you talking to me, but not in a nice way. Then Jordan answered yes, also not in a nice way. There was some brief jawing back and forth then Dunn said what he said and got his gun.

If Dunn heard a "pop", he would have told Rhonda immediately "They shot at me"....not a year later say he heard a "pop". AND they would have driven to the police car they saw. There is no evidence the teens saw the police, but Dunn did. And he RAN.

I had not heard/read about any of the above. Went looking for a link for more info and found the neighbor's intereveiw on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aocMpoAs59o&feature=youtu.be

I should have provided a link. It was when the detectives were interviewing the neighbor. He also included it I think in that interview with the lawyer but I am not sure. I will watch your link. I think MD is a spoiled brat and his whole life his parents turned a blind eye to his major problems. To hear all the ways he thought he could get away with stuff and not be accountable this is just another scenario where he thinks he should get off.

They should be releasing the jail calls as time goes by. They take some time to redact. So far, we have the earliest. By the end of them, RR, was starting to run into financial difficulties. I'd like to follow their calls along and see if she changes as they go on.

I would too. I was taking note at the amount of money RR was putting into those collect calls and it was adding up very quickly. On one night Dunn called RR collect from jail 3 times. RR had something like $30 or 40 bucks on her jail call account, he called 3 times that night until all the money was gone! She was struggling with money and she tried to tell him gently how hard it was on her financially, but did Dunn care? NO, he did not. He takes the cake for being in the arse hole of the decade award.

I am recalling MD's letter to gramma where he reminds her of how his friends have described him as being one of those people who can fall in a pile of poo and always come up smelling like roses.

To have that rep with his friends suggests to me that MD was known for getting himself into bad situations and has never suffered consequences. The fact that MD finds this a good quality in himself or feels it is something to brag to his gramma about is very telling to me. It makes me tend to think the neighbors descriptions of MD given to the Davis attorney is dead on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288