Found Safe FL - Jorge "JoJo" Morales 6, Autism, w/fath Jorge Morales 45 & gm Lilliam Pena Morales 68, gray 2006 Ford Expedition, Miami, 27 August 2022

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1661849507397.png

Videos of interviews with JoJo's mom at both links. Also more pictures on the videos.

A mother is pleading to have her son back home after his father took him and disappeared Saturday.

Miami-Dade police are looking for JoJo Morales, who was believed to have been taken by his father Jorge Gabriel Morales, who lives in southwest Miami-Dade. JoJo has autism.

“Every time I close my eyes I see him and I just want him running toward me and to hug me and I’m afraid, I’m terrified, I’m really broken,” Yanet Leal Concepcion, JoJo’s mother, said.

Concepcion left Morales three years ago and has been in a difficult custody battle since.

Morales does have some parental rights, but only during the day. JoJo’s grandmother helps with the pass-off.

But when Concepcion went to pick JoJo up Saturday evening, there was no sign of JoJo or Morales.

“We were all trying to call him, WhatsApp, everything from all sources, all phones, and they’re gone,” she said. “Their car was nowhere to be found either.”

On Monday, a judge granted an order saying Morales must return JoJo to his mother immediately and police are actively searching for him.

“I just wish that he would know that we’re looking for him, that we’re not resting,” Concepcion said. “I’m not eating, I’m not sleeping, I’m not doing anything until I have my baby back.”

JoJo’s father drives a grey 2006 Ford Expedition with the license plate “CSI U53.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.

Police are searching for a 6-year-old boy with autism who was last seen Saturday in Miami-Dade.

Jorge "Jo Jo" Morales was picked up at 9:15 a.m. from his mother's residence in the 23700 block of SW 184th Avenue by his father and his paternal grandmother, Miami-Dade Police said Monday.

The child never returned home, violating court orders, police said.

Yanet Concepcion is wishing police can do more to help find her son.

"Please put an Amber Alert," she said. "I know they’re working hard and doing what they can, and I know they have to follow protocols and procedures ... but please, please put an Amber Alert."

When the child didn't come home, Concepcion went to her ex-husband's place to pick him up. "Everything was gone. Everything was gone from his apartment," she said. "His phones were off. His mom's phone was off."

Police said since the father has partial custody of the child, they could only classify the case as a missing person and not a kidnapping.

"I would have never thought something like this would happen to me," Concepcion said. "It's like the biggest nightmare a mother can have."

Morales is 3 feet tall and 50 pounds with brown hair and eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray t-shirt, gray shorts and black shoes. Police added he may be in need of services.

His father, Jorge Morales, is 45 years old. The grandmother, Lilliam Morales, is 68.

The car they were in is a 2006 gray Ford Expedition XLT, with Florida tag CSIU53.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 305-715-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.

View attachment 362539

Videos of interviews with JoJo's mom at both links. Also more pictures on the videos.

A mother is pleading to have her son back home after his father took him and disappeared Saturday.

Miami-Dade police are looking for JoJo Morales, who was believed to have been taken by his father Jorge Gabriel Morales, who lives in southwest Miami-Dade. JoJo has autism.

“Every time I close my eyes I see him and I just want him running toward me and to hug me and I’m afraid, I’m terrified, I’m really broken,” Yanet Leal Concepcion, JoJo’s mother, said.

Concepcion left Morales three years ago and has been in a difficult custody battle since.

Morales does have some parental rights, but only during the day. JoJo’s grandmother helps with the pass-off.

But when Concepcion went to pick JoJo up Saturday evening, there was no sign of JoJo or Morales.

“We were all trying to call him, WhatsApp, everything from all sources, all phones, and they’re gone,” she said. “Their car was nowhere to be found either.”

On Monday, a judge granted an order saying Morales must return JoJo to his mother immediately and police are actively searching for him.

“I just wish that he would know that we’re looking for him, that we’re not resting,” Concepcion said. “I’m not eating, I’m not sleeping, I’m not doing anything until I have my baby back.”

JoJo’s father drives a grey 2006 Ford Expedition with the license plate “CSI U53.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.

Police are searching for a 6-year-old boy with autism who was last seen Saturday in Miami-Dade.

Jorge "Jo Jo" Morales was picked up at 9:15 a.m. from his mother's residence in the 23700 block of SW 184th Avenue by his father and his paternal grandmother, Miami-Dade Police said Monday.

The child never returned home, violating court orders, police said.

Yanet Concepcion is wishing police can do more to help find her son.

"Please put an Amber Alert," she said. "I know they’re working hard and doing what they can, and I know they have to follow protocols and procedures ... but please, please put an Amber Alert."

When the child didn't come home, Concepcion went to her ex-husband's place to pick him up. "Everything was gone. Everything was gone from his apartment," she said. "His phones were off. His mom's phone was off."

Police said since the father has partial custody of the child, they could only classify the case as a missing person and not a kidnapping.

"I would have never thought something like this would happen to me," Concepcion said. "It's like the biggest nightmare a mother can have."

Morales is 3 feet tall and 50 pounds with brown hair and eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray t-shirt, gray shorts and black shoes. Police added he may be in need of services.

His father, Jorge Morales, is 45 years old. The grandmother, Lilliam Morales, is 68.

The car they were in is a 2006 gray Ford Expedition XLT, with Florida tag CSIU53.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 305-715-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.
Everything gone from the ex-husband’s apartment…

If the husband has family outside of the US, that is likely where they have headed.
How sad that there isn’t parental cooperation for the benefit of the child. Perhaps there is a good reason why there isn’t. I hope we learn more, and that the child is found safe soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation

*eta:
1661864132343.jpeg

Last edited:
How scary. Why would they take the child? Surely his father knows that disrupting the childs schedule can be very bad for someone with autism. I'm guessing the mother has custody or do they have joint custody?

The father can see him during the day time.
The mothers families home, and I guess JoJo’s, is around the corner from my sisters, where I am staying. I’m gonna ask a neighbor closer if they know the family.

*eta:
View attachment 362588

Well he certainly is a handsome fellow with a respectable career. What on earth happened that he is allegedly/seemingly risking it all?! (Of course handsome men with respectable jobs, can commit crimes too)
We must be missing some critical details?

Amateur opinion and speculation

JoJo is still missing. Florida issued a Missing Child Alert on Wednesday, and on Thursday an arrest warrant was issued for his father. I feel so sorry for his mom.

Police have issued an arrest warrant Thursday for the father of a Miami-Dade child who's been missing for days.

Jorge Gabriel Morales, 45, is wanted for the interference of custody and concealing a minor contrary to a court order in connection with the disappearance of 6-year-old Jorge "Jo Jo" Morales, according to the Miami-Dade Police Department.

AMBER ALERT

MIAMI, Fla. – An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 6-year-old boy who was last seen in Miami on Saturday, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

The department said on Friday a previous missing child alert was upgraded to an Amber Alert after receiving additional information provided by the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Finally got an Amber Alert today while out to breakfast with the neighbor I was gonna ask about him with. She doesn’t know the family. But you have to understand this is not your average neighborhood. This is basically an agricultural area that is being slowly built on. The lots are huge. So someone can live 3 doors down and you might not ever seen them.

How scary. Why would they take the child? Surely his father knows that disrupting the childs schedule can be very bad for someone with autism. I'm guessing the mother has custody or do they have joint custody?
A narcissist doesn’t care about anyone but themselves. Even including their own children.

m00

JoJo is still missing and is believed to be in the US Virgin Islands.

he Florida Department of Law Enforcement has put out an Amber Alert for 6-year-old Jorge “Jo-Jo” Morales, who they believe is now in the US Virgin Islands.

Jo-Jo was picked up from his home in Miami on August 27 by his father Jorge Gabriel Morales, 45, and his paternal grandmother, Lilliam.

They failed to return him home in keeping with a court order.

Jo-Jo’s mother, Yanet Concepcion, told NBC 6: "I would have never thought something like this would happen to me…It's like the biggest nightmare a mother can have."

The US Virgin Islands Police Department said: “There's information that Jorge Morales may be in St Thomas, USVI. If seen or know the whereabouts of Jorge Morales or seen the missing 6-year-old boy, Jorge ‘Jo-Jo’ Morales; call 911 immediately, the Major Crime, CIB Tip-Line at 340 642 8449, Crime Stoppers VI 1800 222 TIPS or 340 774 2211.”

Jo-Jo is 3 feet tall and 50 pounds with brown hair and eyes.

He is autistic and police said he might be in need of assistance.

The latest news is that they might now be in Canada.

Florida Amber Alert – Child May be in Fredericton, New Brunswick or Eastern side of Canada – Jorge “JoJo” Morales, 6​

The New Brunswick RCMP is sharing on behalf of the Miami-Dade Police Department, as there is a possibility the missing child and suspects may be in Canada.

HOULTON, Maine (WAGM) -A vehicle believed to have been used in an Amber Alert incident out of Miami Florida was found in Houlton.

6-year-old Jorge Morales, known as “JoJo” was last seen at his mother’s residence in Miami, Florida on August 27th. According to Maine State Police, the Vehicle with connections to the abduction was found on the Foxcroft Road in Houlton on August 29th. Jorge Del Rio is a Private Investigator based out of Miami who is working the case.

Jorge Del Rio " Some of the belongings of the abducted child was found inside the vehicle, and some of the cat stuff was also found inside the vehicle... we have credible information that their last known wherabouts was in the Houlton area, right with the border of Canada, we believe they may be here or may be in Canada, but we are asking for the public’s assistance to try to see if anybody has seen them or anybody has any credible information to lead us to the wherabouts of the Child”

If you have any information or think you may have seen Jorge, you are asked to contact your local police department or the Miami-Dade Police Department’s Missing Person’s Squad at 305-715-3300.

1663981138157.png

SEP 24, 2022
[...]

Jorge’s mother, Yanet Leal Concepcion, told police officers through tears that she and her son’s father, Jorge Morales, had been involved in a custody battle.

[...]

Concepcion spoke with Local 10 News about the custody agreement between her and Jojo’s father.

“Jojo’s father is allowed to have him some days and only during the daytime,” she said.

When his mother went to pick him up the Saturday before his disappearance, she knew something was wrong.

Police showed up and so did the landlord, with a key to the apartment, but the unit was empty.

According to a private investigator, some of the belongings of the abducted child were found inside the vehicle found in Maine.

[...]

From the video:

Police told the mom that they believe the father has been planning this for more than a year.

For more than a year the father has been watching videos about how to live off the grid.

The mom said that starting about a year ago, the father started paying by cash only so he couldn't be traced. He even sold his home.

JoJo told his mom that his dad was going to take him to live with the windmills, and he (JoJo) wanted his mom to go with them.

JoJo's comment to his mom about his dad taking him to "live with the windmills" is interesting. Houlton, Maine, where the car was abandoned, is the county seat of Aroostook County. Also in Aroostook County is Mars Hill Mountain which has a large wind farm.

Mars Hill has many attributes that make it special but its newest attribute is one you will likely not miss if you visit. Mars Hill Mountain, at the time of its construction, is home to New England's largest wind farm holding 28 massive wind turbines. Each of these ethereal wind angles, as one local environmentalist refers to them stands 389 feet tall and together can produce enough energy to supply more than 45,000 average Maine homes.

If hiking is something you enjoy the International Appalachian Trail goes over the top of the mountain with a lean-to to stay in at the top. So you can enjoy views of the windmills while hiking or take in 18 holes of golf at the Mars Hill Country Club or in the winter enjoy ripping down the slopes at Big Rock.

Mars Hill is truly a place of wonder to see because it utilizes the natural attributes that the mountain provides and creates the cleanest healthiest experiences you could ever ask for.

''The vehicle found abandoned in Littleton, Maine, by US Border Patrol agents is not the vehicle investigators thought the trio may have left in, so it’s not clear how this vehicle — a black Yukon — came to be connected with the missing boy. Littleton, a tiny town in northeastern Maine, is directly on the border between the United States and Canada.''
1664116219019.png
Abandoned vehicle found by Border Patrol may have clues to Jojo Morales’s disappearance/Maine State Police

I wonder if the Dad has the boy's birth certificate. If they went into Canada, the Dad would have to show ID at the border. He'd have to state his purpose and say how long he intended to stay. It would be tough to live off grid that far north, particularly thru the winter.

Wondering if the huge storm "Fiona" might have hindered plans to cross the border- or maybe even helped execute them, considering attention would be focused elsewhere? speculation.

''Power crews from Maine headed to help Canada amid post-tropical storm Fiona were delayed at the border due to the ArriveCAN app, the Nova Scotia premier’s office confirmed to Global News on Sunday.''

''Post-tropical storm Fiona made landfall early Saturday morning, bringing severe wind, heavy rain, and leaving hundreds of thousands without power across eastern Canada.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back