Found Deceased FL - Kameela Russell, 41, Miami Gardens, 15 May 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Knox, May 18, 2019.

1. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

Oh nooo, This is terrible. Prayers to to family and loved ones. RIP Kameela.

2. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

May whoever killed this bright and beautiful woman be brought to justice.

Niner, Cool Cats, GarAndTeed and 6 others like this.
  3. Maljako

Maljako Well-Known Member

Such a depressing outcome :( But based on what has been said of her, it was always incredibly unlikely that she would have voluntarily left her children to wonder where mom is while she takes a break. I hope the LE are quiet because they know who the *** responsible is and they are simply tidying up.

4. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that there would be any benefit to withholding the name of a suspect in a murder case.

Cool Cats and lucylulu like this.
  5. Maljako

Not wanting to affect the tips and leads coming from the public. Giving false sense of security to the suspect. Keeping public and the press out of certain locations by not mentioning anyone connected to them. Simply not being interested in communicating the facts to the public before the investigation is ready.

I don't think some of these apply here, but others might. I hope.

6. lucylulu

http://www.local10.com/news/florida/miami-dade/kameela-russells-mother-says-she-has-no-idea-who-would-want-to-kill-daughter

"Knowing her and the type of person she was, I just don't understand it. I don't understand it at all," she said.

Linda Russell is now waiting for more information from Miami Gardens police as to what led up to her murder.

"Basically, they are just continuing the investigation now that they have recovered her body," she said.

Family, friends and loved ones of Kameela Russell gathered at the home in the 800 block of Northwest 203rd Street, where she was last seen on May 15 after getting the news that the Miami Norland Senior High School test administrator had been found dead.

Police said Russell was seen by a relative in her black Audi A6 in the driveway of the home before disappearing.

The medical examiner's office confirmed Thursday that Russell's body was found floating in a canal in the 20700 block of Northwest 15th Avenue this past Saturday.

The manner of death was ruled a homicide caused by blunt head injury.

Russell's mother is now watching over her 6-year-old and 15-year-old daughters.

"We were all crying last night. The older one -- the 15-year-old -- was like, 'Can we all sleep in the same room tonight?'" Linda Russell said. "If anybody saw her that day or saw where she went or saw if anyone was following her -- you know, somebody must have seen something or heard something, and I'm just hoping that someone would speak up."

Miami Gardens police swarmed a house last week just down the road from the family's home, bringing in K9 units and drones. But there still is no official word on whether the two incidents are connected.

7. CluelessWonder

Wouldn't there be more and better tips coming in if they actually identified someone as a person of interest or suspect? Don't they want to know if anyone saw this person or his/her vehicle near the canal or near the driveway or anywhere else? I mean, do they have someone locked up? Does that person truly feel secure at this point? I just think that maybe they'd get better help from the public if they released information about this person. But I suspect that they have nothing right now and don't want the public to know it. I have followed many cases that were quiet, and it almost always turned out that they didn't know anything.

Cool Cats and lucylulu like this.
  8. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

Still no arrests made?

Cool Cats, Momof4RN, Dre and 3 others like this.
  9. CluelessWonder

Where is her car? Did it just vanish?

10. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

A former Norland High assistant principal has been arrested and charged with murdering educator Kameela Russell, whose body was discovered floating in a Miami Gardens canal.

Police detectives took Ernest Joseph Roberts, 39, into custody early Friday morning. Police obtained an arrest warrant for a charge of first-degree murder.

Sources say investigators believe they found forensic evidence that Russell died inside the house, and that he disposed of her car, which was later found by police detectives. Phone records also placed Russell at Roberts’ Miami Gardens home when she disappeared, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

...SBM

The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that Russell died of blunt-force trauma.

Investigators immediately honed in on Roberts, the ex-assistant principal at Norland, who Russell’s family says has known the woman since childhood. Her mother, Linda Russell, initially told the Miami Herald that she did not believe Roberts had anything to do with her disappearance.

“That would surprise me because I’ve never seen anything that would warrant all of that,” Linda Russell said last week.

Roberts had been an assistant principal at Norland alongside Russell. But in February, he was transferred to Linda Lentin K-8 Center in North Miami. Why he was transferred is unknown.

Days after Russell went missing — and before her body was found — Miami Gardens police detectives secured a search warrant to search his home on the 1500 block of Northwest 203rd Street.

Assistant principal charged with murder of Norland High educator

11. lucylulu

Wow, I am glad they caught the guy. Motive?

He must of been stalking her or lured her to a destination. So sad.

RIP Kameela

12. CluelessWonder

That article is really shocking. It mentions that he had an extensive surveillance system. Is that common? I know you can get a system for a lot less than in the past, and I know having a camera is more popular today. But I wonder about an "extensive closed circuit video surveillance system." It sounds like he had something to hide and/or protect. It also sounds like he trusted this janitor a lot. He surely had some sort of a relationship with the janitor. Were they buddies? Business associates? Relatives?

13. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

Possibly due to his past as a probation officer ?

Former assistant principal charged with murder of Miami Norland High educator

Niner, Cool Cats, IHAVENOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  14. CaliRoses

CaliRoses Active Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.w...pal-suspected-killing-teacher/?outputType=amp

15. Maljako

It's a blessing criminals are so often so dumb. LE must have had this in the bag pretty early on: phone records and phone location, surveillance camera footage, and practically a confession to a co-worker... It does amaze and horrify me that this person was an educator.

My heart breaks thinking about all the beautiful things Kameela had left to do in her life, and for the kids who were robbed of their mother.

16. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

17. OnlyFacts

OnlyFacts Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why he did this ? Motive ?

18. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Well-Known Member

Miami-Dade prosecutors released surveillance footage showing vital evidence in the death-penalty case against former Norland High School assistant principal Ernest Roberts, who is allegedly accused of murdering Kameela Russell, a teacher and test proctor at the school, in his own home.

The murder occurred on Wednesday, May 15, three months prior to the release of surveillance video.

According to the Miami Herald, a security camera from a neighbor’s house across the street captured Roberts, 39, pulling into his home at 1525 NW 203rd St. at 5:09 p.m. in Miami Gardens.

Russell, who was supposed to pick up her daughter from a relative’s home, arrived nearly an hour later, exiting her black Audi and entering Roberts’ house in a black T-shirt, dark jogging pants and dark tennis shoes.

The video showed Roberts leaving his house, getting into Russell’s Audi and backing it up to close the front door, then opening the trunk to supposedly load her body into the car.

Miami Gardens Police said Roberts then drove off in the Audi at 7:10 p.m., presumably to ditch it and return home on foot, according to prosecutors.

According to the arrest warrant, Russell didn’t leave Roberts’ house alive.
    Surveillance connected to murder of Norland High teacher released by prosecutors

19. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

20. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Leave the DRAMA take the cannoli

First Name: ERNEST
    Middle Name: JOSEPH
    Last Name: ROBERTS
    Race: B
    Sex: M
    Date of Birth: 07/29/1979

Miami-Dade County Clerk Criminal Justice

CJIS Case Search
    [​IMG]
    Court Case No.: F-19-011600Defendant Name: ROBERTS, ERNEST JOSEPH​
    • Seq No.: 1
      Charge: MURDER 1ST DEGREE
      Charge Type: FELONY
    Court Case No.: F-19-011600
    Defendant Name: ROBERTS, ERNEST JOSEPH
    • Sequence No.: 112
      Date: 10/04/2019
      Docket:
      ORDER APPOINTING PCAC & APPROVING TRANSCR & DEPO PAYMENTS BRUCE FLEISHER
    • Sequence No.: 108
      Date: 10/01/2019
      Docket:
      REPORT RE: MOTIONS SET FOR 10/04/2019 AT 10:00
    • Sequence No.: 102
      Date: 09/17/2019
      Docket: E-SUBPOENA: BUTCHER, RUPERT ID: 100-09877 FOR: TRIAL ON 10/15/2019 AT 09:30 ISSUED BY: CJIS
      SENT: 09/17/2019 RECD/NOTFD: 09/17/2019 ACKN: 09/22/2019 S
      SENT: RECD/NOTFD: 09/17/2019 ACKN: 09/22/2019 S
    • Sequence No.: 101
      Date: 09/17/2019
      Docket: E-SUBPOENA: TORRES, NANCY ID: 100-00755 FOR: TRIAL ON 10/15/2019 AT 09:30 ISSUED BY: CJIS
      SENT: 09/17/2019 RECD/NOTFD: 09/17/2019 ACKN: 09/17/2019 S
      SENT: RECD/NOTFD: 09/17/2019 ACKN: 09/17/2019 S

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Niner, Momof4RN and coffeeandacig like this.