FL - Kameela Russell, 41, found deceased, Miami Gardens, 15 May 2019 *Arrest*

If they checked the canal and found something, we'd hear about it by now. It makes no sense. If you're at a house to pick up your kid and someone calls about an important matter, you just hurry to get the kid. You don't leave without the kid. Have we read anything from the administration at her school? A statement from the principal? I am worried that something went wrong at school. Being a testing coordinator is a very stressful job. All of the kids are testing on computers now, and the software is trash. Plus, the internet often crashes. Our system crashed multiple times a day during final exams this week. Coordinating those tests is a nightmare. You have to train the teachers to give the test. Then teachers call in sick, and you're left scrambling to fill the holes. The tests factor into state grades for schools, and that can affect revenue for the school. And you have to make sure you get a high percentage of students taking the test. If you don't, it can hurt a school's numbers. Then there are the kids who are absent for the test and have to make it up.

Police have recovered human remains from a canal in Miami Gardens, more than a week after a mother of two went missing in the area.

According to Miami Gardens Police, the department received an anonymous call about a possible body floating in the area of Northwest 203rd Street and 17th Avenue, just before 5 p.m., Saturday.

A Miami-Dade Police Underwater Recovery unit responded to the scene and assisted in removing the remains from the canal.

The body was taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office, where a post-mortem examination will be performed on Sunday.

Officials said the body was decomposed, so they were unable to determine its race or gender.

The grim discovery takes place while Miami Gardens Police continue their search for Kameela Russell, a test administrator at Miami Norland Senior High School.

Russell’s family said she was last seen as she pulled up to her aunt’s home along Northwest 203rd Street and 15th Avenue, May 15.

Tuesday afternoon, police shut down a residential street as they intensified their search.

Police continue to investigate.

If you have any information that could help police, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

Police find human remains in Miami Gardens canal amid search for missing mother

BBM

Police have recovered human remains from a canal in Miami Gardens, more than a week after a mother of two went missing in the area.

According to Miami Gardens Police, the department received an anonymous call about a possible body floating in the area of Northwest 203rd Street and 17th Avenue, just before 5 p.m., Saturday.

A Miami-Dade Police Underwater Recovery unit responded to the scene and assisted in removing the remains from the canal.

The body was taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office, where a post-mortem examination will be performed on Sunday.

Officials said the body was decomposed, so they were unable to determine its race or gender.

The grim discovery takes place while Miami Gardens Police continue their search for Kameela Russell, a test administrator at Miami Norland Senior High School.

Russell’s family said she was last seen as she pulled up to her aunt’s home along Northwest 203rd Street and 15th Avenue, May 15.

Tuesday afternoon, police shut down a residential street as they intensified their search.

Police continue to investigate.

If you have any information that could help police, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

Police find human remains in Miami Gardens canal amid search for missing mother

BBM
Oh no. This is not good.

This is not good. What a terrible loss it would be.

As I looked at the driveway, I noticed that it's one of those half-circle drives. Part of the circle is beyond the edge of the house. So she could have turned into the drive and put the car in park. Then she might have fallen asleep and somehow rolled between two homes through the sloped grass and into the canal.

But how did she get out of the car? Perhaps she escaped the car but could not swim. Of course, another scenario would be that someone stole the car with her in it and got rid of her.

Less than two weeks is awfully little time for that much decomposition, no? Granted, I'm not an expert on that. Still, it is someone's body, and someone out there cares for that person.
In Florida, in the water, I think a lot of decomposition could happen in a week, but I would also think that it wouldn’t be SO bad that race/sex couldn’t be determined immediately, but as we’ve seen maybe they just want to be sure before putting any info out. So hopeful this isn’t her- but i hope that this persons family can get closure and a place to rest for their lost loved one :(

Did they ever find her car? How strange if it is her in the canal, to find her body but the car is still missing?

Not good at all. I'm so worried that it's her, based on how close it is to where she went missing. I felt sick to my stomach as soon as I saw the news.

There hasn't been any sign of her car. It's either in that canal, or someone has it and probably changed or thrown away the tags by now. I found a MGPD City Council document that lists Snake Creek Canal as being 15 - 20 feet deep. I checked Craigslist for 2014 Black Audis, but not having the VIN #, it's hard to tell if any could be hers.

I also don't see how race/gender would be unrecognizable after less than 2 weeks. My hunch is that they know, but they're stalling until they can double-check things and talk to the family first (if it is her) :(. I hope it isn't her, but like people have said, it is someone — and good lord, how many people are ending up in Snake Creek?!

It pains me to say this, but there are alligators in that water. I only know because I Googled to double-check. There have been cases of 600-lb gators winding up in people's backyards. And there's a video of a "relatively small" one in Snake Creek. Florida Alligator in Snake Creek

It is far-fetched, but what if she saw an alligator at the end of her aunt's driveway, or behind the house, and rather than try to approach it herself, she tried to get it to move with her car? I know that it's probably foul play, but I just keep thinking of every possible scenario.

As I looked at the driveway, I noticed that it's one of those half-circle drives. Part of the circle is beyond the edge of the house. So she could have turned into the drive and put the car in park. Then she might have fallen asleep and somehow rolled between two homes through the sloped grass and into the canal.

You'd feel the car rolling and surely wake up, no? I'd think you'd have time to throw yourself out of the car if it was a slow roll. That's why I was thinking of something involving acceleration. But even with that, you'd think a car going into a canal in broad daylight would be fairly obvious, and cause all sorts of noise and commotion. I also think they'd see tire tracks in the grass.

I've been searching for posts from former students and people who knew her on Twitter, FB, and IG. I don't know the source, or if it's anything but an unsubstantiated rumor, but people (seemingly students) have mentioned a name and said "they are saying Mr. R_____ killed Ms. Russell." I'm not saying the name, because there's no reason to put misinformation out there, until we find out what actually happened. There are 3 people by the name of "Mr. R____" on the staff at Norland Senior High. I've tried to find which one it is, or what the connection would be to Kameela, but I'm not sure. Like I said, probably just a rumor.

It seems most reasonable that it's foul play.

But if it isn't — if for some reason you decided you needed to end things, outside of your aunt's house, where your children are waiting, is not the place you'd do it.

If the person who was found is NOT her, then I think it's possible maybe the aunt or grandmother was wrong about seeing Kameela's car in the driveway. Maybe it was a similar looking black car. :(

But how did she get out of the car? Perhaps she escaped the car but could not swim. Of course, another scenario would be that someone stole the car with her in it and got rid of her.

Would someone be hidden in that part circle thats beyond the edge of the house?

Less than two weeks is awfully little time for that much decomposition, no? Granted, I'm not an expert on that. Still, it is someone's body, and someone out there cares for that person.
There are four states of decomp. Fresh, Early, Advanced, and Skeletonization.

The type of water the body is found in can affect the rate of decomp. Many studies have been done on decomp using pig carcasses due to their similarity to human tissue (Love and Marks 2003, Tucker et al. 2001, Wheatley 2008) Although human remains and pig carcasses float differently in water, with humans tending to float on the ventral surface, and pigs floating on the dorsal surface (Haglund and Sorg 2002), they have still been used in the past as an acceptable proxy (Alley 2007, Haskell et al. 1997, Payne and King 1972)

Using the pigs the bodies displayed early stages of decomp (Post-bloating with dark discoloration by day 3 in freshwater, and by day 6 – 15 in salt water (Ayers 2007)

So, if this is her body, given the ambient and water temp decomp would be pronounced enough to make body identification difficult.

One story says a family member saw her and then looked again and she was gone. Another story says family members saw her drive away. So which is it? There is a canal behind the street where her family lives. But, if she drove away, she could be just about anywhere. I wonder how testing went that day. Perhaps it went badly. It's a really tough job.

[bbm]

what exactly is a test chairperson?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021