Found Alive FL - Kamiyah Mobley, newborn, Jacksonville, 10 July 1998 *guilty*

Bumping for Kamiyah, also taken as an infant from a hospital, like Carlina.

She has got to be out there somewhere. I hope she can also be found. She is 12 now. Maybe she will start to become suspicious and "find" herself, too. We can only hope.

:bump: for Kamiyah on her 15th birthday and the 15th anniversary of her disappearance. :(

Snipped:

The abductor told Shanara that there was a problem with Kamiyah's temperature at approximately 3:00 p.m. and said that she would return with the infant in approximately 20 minutes. She apparently walked out of University Medical Center with Kamiyah afterwards. Neither she nor the child have been seen again.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mobley_kamiyah.html

Kamiyah Mobley was a few hours old when she disappeared on July 10, 1998. Next week would be her 16th birthday. Where is Kamiyah?

Snipped from an older article:

During the first year, police chased down more than 2,000 leads from as far away as Nova Scotia, though most were local. They hoped a $250,000 reward would offer some incentive. The case was featured on CNN and America's Most Wanted.

As the case progressed, women matching the composite sketch of the abductor were stopped and questioned in local grocery stores and car shops. Babies' footprints were compared to those taken from Kamiyah.

Nothing.

Police said they were looking for a woman who recently lost a child, faked a pregnancy or suddenly turned up with a baby. They also questioned Kamiyah's family, including her father, who was in jail at the time of her abduction.

Nothing.

After the first year, McKean became the lead investigator. The last potentially solid tip he got came in about two years ago, when authorities in Connecticut thought they had a suspect.

Nothing.

McKean said he remains uncertain about what could have happened to Kamiyah or why someone took her. But Jerry Vance has a hunch.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/071008/met_302043283.shtml

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...ons-kamiyah-mobley-be-featured-billboa/nhL4Y/

Family members of missing children spoke to Action News about digital billboards posted across the state that could help them to find their loved ones...

The only picture of Kamiyah is a sketch, because she was taken just hours after being born. There’s also a sketch of the woman who took Kamiyah, a woman who pretended to be a nurse. Neither have been located.

Ferguson said getting the faces of these missing family members out for people to see is her only hope that they will be remembered and be found.

It's so odd that there were no pictures taken of Kamiyah.

She's out there somewhere - just like Carlina White was. She just has to become highly suspicious, do an internet search, and come across that Kamiyah Mobley composite and story. She will find herself.

I don't know how she and Carlina got through school, got driver's licenses, got jobs, I mean I just don't get it.

Happy 17th Birthday Kamiyah! I can't wait until the day you unlock this mystery through internet search and are reunited with your family where you're supposed to be. You will need your official documents more than ever when you want to drive, get your first job, and apply for college and financial aid. Your fake mommy's time is running the heck out. She marks this day in her head and is in daily panic at all of the upcoming questions, the discovery, the national coverage, and her prison sentence. The LONGEST part of this is done, it won't be MUCH longer until that glorious day.

Sigh. I had to revisit this thread. Today I read some theories on different site about another infant whom was abducted from a hospital that dim "The truth will prevail!" optimism of my previous post.

1. Kamiyah's abductor could've claimed she was born at home. In most states you just have to have a midwife/medical professional swear to the birth and that's about it. It would've been been easy to do, if the abductor had connections in the medical field. And if the people who took her were in the business of illegal adoptions, they would've also have the connections and knowledge as to how to do it.

2. Maybe someone lost a baby, didn't report the death, then stole the baby in a craze. Giving the new baby the identity of the old. Or at least used the baby birth's certificate as they may have not applied for a SSN yet.

Jesus, if the latter is the case, then Kamiyah will never be found. Pettway's eventual undoing was not obtaining a formal identity for Carlina. I hope the same is true for Kamiyah. One thing remains likely certain - she's alive.

Wow, I've posted a lot in this thread. This case has stuck me with because I know this is a Carlina White type of story; I really think that she will be reunited with her real family one day. Happy 18th belated birthday. May your doubts and unanswered questions lead you to the truth, as Carlina's did.

Kamiyah Mobley birthday article in the Jacksonville Florida Times Union for her 13th had quoted JSO as saying they believe her to still be alive, and possibly having been traded for a drug debt. My own son born just prior to her in the same hospital kept this babies story in my families mind, heart and prayers. Still waiting for the day she is found and brought home to her family.

if anyone watches the presser can they share pertinent details? thx! (at work)

Kamiyah Mobley found 18 years after abduction from Jacksonville hospital.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...bduction-from-jacksonville-hospital/385789179

This is INCREDIBLE :loveyou:

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 6m6 minutes ago
MUGSHOT: Gloria Williams arrested in South Carolina for the kidnapping Kamiyah Mobley as infant 18 years ago

C2EPgjCWEAMVjya.jpg

https://twitter.com/ActionNewsJax

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 10m10 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - Sketches from 1998 of the suspect and her current booking photo. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

C2EPDf-WIAAcooY.jpg

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 10m10 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - Appears in good health. A normal 18 year old woman. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 9m9 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - Biological family was notified today. They are elated. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 8m8 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - Sheriff Mike Williams announcing 18 years later a kidnapped victim was found. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 6m6 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - Tip received from @MissingKids which got the investigation rolling for us. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 5m5 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - We believe the victim may have known she was a kidnapping victim. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 4m4 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - This is a very complicated investigation. We are at the beginning of this investigation. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 4m4 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - We are speaking to extended family. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 3m3 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - Every aspect of this case will be looked into. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 1m1 minute ago
#KamiyahMobley - @FBIJacksonville was a key partner in this investigation. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 2m2 minutes ago
#KamiyahMobley - It is up to the victim on how contact will be made. The victim is now an adult. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

Jax Sheriff's Office ‏@JSOPIO 1m1 minute ago
#KamiyahMobley - JSO detectives and SC police arrested the suspect at her home this morning. #JAX #JSO #Jacksonville

https://twitter.com/JSOPIO

Amazing and so happy to hear she is alive and well. This case was a huge deal in Jacksonville. FL in 1998. At that time, no social media, and all information about the case came from television and the local newspaper. Nat Glover was sheriff of Duval County, which is consolidated with the City of Jacksonville, at the time of the abduction and I know he is as delighted to hear this news as Kamiyah's family must be.

This is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Walterboro, South Carolina, officials found a young woman with the same date of birth but with a different name and fraud documents. Officials said they took DNA of the woman in South Carolina and compared it to the DNA that was taken from the missing newborn. The results came back Thursday night as a match to the missing newborn, Kamiyah.

Officials are not releasing the name that the missing girl has lived under for the last 18 years. But, police said the victim appears to be in good health.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...ttorney-to-talk-about-investigation/484099706

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back