Found Alive FL - Kamiyah Mobley, newborn, Jacksonville, 10 July 1998 *guilty*

The suspect Gloria Williams, 51, was arrested Friday morning at her home in South Carolina.

Williams is charged with kidnapping and interference with custody. There is no statute of limitations in the case and she could face life in prison. She will be extradited back to Jacksonville.

Jacksonville police said they believe the victim may have known she was a kidnapping victim.

The biological family was notified Friday and they were elated.
Officials said any contact between Kamiyah Mobley and her biological family in Jacksonville will be up to her as she is now an adult.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...ttorney-to-talk-about-investigation/484099706

Woman Abducted as Baby From Jacksonville Hospital Found Safe
Friday, Jan. 13, 2017 | Updated 1:24 PM EST
The case of a baby abducted from a Jacksonville hospital nearly 18 years ago has been solved, police said Friday, with the newborn girl grown into a young adult and healthy.
Kamiyah Mobley was found alive and well in South Carolina, Jacksonville sheriff’s deputies announced at a news conference.
Free Website Knows Where You, Family Members Live
According to NBC affiliate WTLV-TV, over 2,000 leads came out in the year following her abduction, but all ran dry and the case remained cold for nearly two decades. But officers found Mobley, who was living under a different name, and received a DNA sample which later proved she was the abducted infant.
A tip sent to the National Center for Missing and Exploted Children last year helped break the case, sheriff's officials said on the department's Twitter account.
Top News Photos of the Week
Top News: Life in Mosul, Palestine Protests and More
Police did not release the name Mobley has been living under, but did announce the arrest of 51-year-old Gloria Williams on charges that include kidnapping. It was not immediately clear if she had an attorney.
Mobley was taken from University Medical Center on July 10, 1998, just eight hours after she was born. According to reports at the time, a woman posing as a health care worker entered her room saying the child had a fever and needed to be checked before grabbing Mobley and leaving the hospital.

Surveillance video could not identify the person who took Mobley, with nurses at the time saying that person had been with the baby hours before the abduction. A camera inside the nursery was broken and there were no photos taken of Mobley before the abduction.
Mobley is now in good health, and "a normal 18-year-old woman," according to the sheriff's Twitter account. Her biological family is "elated" but the victim will determine how she'll make contact with them.

MODERATOR: I searched for a thread and did not find one before I created a thread, this is my 1st one as well. As soon as I posted, there was the MP thread that coincided with this story. Sorry for any confusion should've left it to the pros. Please delete if so desired.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WOW that's fantastic! Walterboro is down the street from me about 15 miles.

Hope we see the reunion on the news.

I hope she'll make contact. How sad if she chooses not to. She probably considers the other woman "mama". All speculation of course. I pray for this family and the young woman.

I know I just made the statement I pray she'll make contact. She probably considers other woman "mama"...just speculation but I'm praying for her

Original Story:
The newborn that was taken in 1998 from a Jacksonville hospital was found in South Carolina, officials said.

Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams, State Attorney Melissa Nelson, FBI Jacksonville Office Special Agent in Charge Charles Spencer and FDLE case Agent Michelle O’Neil made the announcement Friday afternoon in the case of missing Kamiyah Mobley.

Kamiyah Mobley was taken on July 10, 1998 hours after being born at University Medical Center, which is now UF Health Jacksonville.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...ttorney-to-talk-about-investigation/484099706

OMG, doing a happy dance! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Video at link! You gotta watch! :blowkiss:

Mods are gonna kill me. I started a new thread. I'm sorry Mods but I about peed my pants when KlassKIDS posted this.

Imagine making it to age 18 with no one ever questioning her identity documents until now. So glad someone finally checked.

after all this time, I was shocked when I read the news. And to come here and find WS had a very old thread for the case ..... well, that should not have surprised me.

So happy to hear the baby, all grown up, is found. I hope she meets her bio family and knows she was missed all that time.

Thanks for all your updates, and for all you caring souls.

"In Walterboro, South Carolina, officials found a young woman with the same date of birth but with a different name and fraud documents. Officials said they took DNA of the girl in South Carolina and compared it to the DNA that was taken when she was a newborn. The results came back Thursday night as a match to the missing newborn, Kamiyah."
snipped...
"Jacksonville police said they believe the victim may have known she was a kidnapping victim."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ja...ttorney-to-talk-about-investigation/484144750

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...hild-found-18-years-after-abduction/484155314

Gloria Williams, the 51-year-old South Carolina woman suspected of kidnapping Kamiyah Mobley in 1998, faces life in prison if convicted, State Attorney Melissa Nelson said Friday.

Action News Jax spoke with Mobley's biological grandmother, Velma Aiken, shortly after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office provided an update Friday -- and she said she was elated by the news and that she had been praying for the day of her granddaughter's return.

Aiken said she saw her granddaughter via Facetime Friday morning. "She was so glad. She told her momma that she looked like her daddy," Aiken said. "She sounds so intelligent and she said she'll be here to see us."
Mobley's biological father also tried to not lose hope despite the circumstances. "There's always hope. Everyday when you get up, there's hope. When I woke up this morning, she woke up, too."

Wow. SUch happy news, yet poor Kaliyah's life is being turned upside-down. My thoughts and good wishes are with her! I hope GW has been good to her.

ETA: Very happy to read Grandmother's news ^^^ !!

Wow! Craziness!

Has anyone been able to track down a Facebook page or anything for the kidnapper?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back