Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, adult, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by youcancallmeal, Jan 10, 2020.

1. PhineasC

PhineasC Well-Known Member

The "out for a stroll" explanation doesn't really hold water unless she was really, really hammered or on some drugs. What savvy, worldly traveler steps out at 2 AM from a strange hotel in her stocking feet to wander around a dark lake and leaves her friend and valuables back in the room with the door unlocked? No sober, rational person does that.

moslym3, cpeacock1, momsof3 and 10 others like this.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Absolutely. We don't know what time KG arrived Florida on Tuesday but SLC to FLL can be anywhere from 5 to 9 hour flight depending on carrier route. Also, red eyes are very popular flying cross country.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Quiet Time, dienermom, NoSI and 5 others like this.
  3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Exactly -- we're not talking college spring break here!

4. firebird

firebird Well-Known Member

Not really. But you tend to stay on your own time. When I travel to the east coast i definitely stay up later unless I got up really early.

Arrives, distracted and Betty P like this.
  5. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

Also, probably lack of sleep.

Quiet Time, NoSI, Seattle1 and 3 others like this.
  6. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

Maybe not aware that every body of water in Florida has alligators in it and how fast they can move.

distracted and PommyMommy like this.
  7. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

[bbm]

sure they do - whether on ambien or not
    they drive, work, cook, eat, go to the bathroom, shower and earlier someone posted an example of someone gardening
    my best friend was/is a sleepwalker - the things I've seen her do!

8. mjp1228

mjp1228 Well-Known Member

I’d need a fire alarm or something drastic like that - where the stairs were the only option - to make me do it.

9. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Don’t judge me, but I once in my youth combined Ambien with cocaine and alcohol, and stayed awake instead of going to sleep (yes, on purpose, it’s a thing). I blacked out but the things I was told I did, scary as all get out. I think if someone were taking a sleep aid (not saying she did) I wouldn’t put anything out of the realm of possibility. If she had a glass of wine or anything on top of that, yikes.

LadyL, Quiet Time, abr and 16 others like this.
  10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Husband sobs on video as young wife wanders off in pajamas during work trip, found dead

Jan 11, 2020

The Sun-Sentinel reports that 37-year-old Kelly Glover, a project manager with CHG Healthcare, was found dead Saturday morning, according to family members’ posts on social media.

[..]

According to her husband, Adam Bremer, she went on the business trip with a friend.

[..]

“She didn’t have her phone or her purse. She left it in the room and that’s the last we’ve seen of her … We text each other every morning I get up before her. I hadn’t heard from her by 9 a.m. I knew something was wrong, sent a few more, the second her friend called me I already knew.”

Law enforcement search teams scoured the area for Glover on Friday but didn’t locate her.

[..]

Earlier this week, Glover’s cousin, Ryan Glover, said that Kelly was an experienced traveler who had been overseas many times. He added that there was “no evidence” showing that she ever left the hotel.

[..]

On Saturday afternoon, Fort Lauderdale authorities confirmed that they found Kelly Glover deceased in a pond behind the Westin. The cause and manner of death are pending.

^^sbm

I think 'she went on the business trip with a friend' sounds like they traveled together rather than they met up in Fl. We know KG arrived on Tuesday - no reason to believe friend was not also there on Tuesday. MOO

JudgeJoe and PommyMommy like this.
  11. Beth11311

I’m also not suggesting a gator got her, but they do hunt at night. A terrible way to go, the death roll they do...anyways, not to be gruesome but if this was a gator attack I don’t know how much of her they would have been able to recover, and would be surprised at her being found so soon.

Gators generally store prey that is too large to eat in one sitting under a rock, tree branch etc to come back to for later. I’m leaning away from gators, for now.

12. Marie A

Marie A Well-Known Member

AGREED. I’m in the Ambien camp.
    HORRIFIC MEDICATION- this happened to an dear person - her husband was never violent before but 100% Ambien. He tried to stab his beloved with a knife - wouldn’t wake up- wife and son screaming, he wouldn’t wake up- stabbed himself to death. Beyond tragic- 100% Ambien

Highland Park man who stabbed himself to death had taken sleep aid

13. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

The broken ice machine and using the one on the floor below makes sense to me. If I snuck out in my PJ's for a second to get some ice, I would do this.

Barlow, mrsselig, Chelly and 13 others like this.
  14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Zooming in on the pool photo you can see the fence posts behind the lounge area preventing access to raised beds /landscape to the lake. I do believe if KG left the hotel property to the public path that goes around the lake she would have easy access to enter the lake.

WS security error msg (??) - can't upload photo - sorry.

15. Beth11311

My god your poor friend and her kids. How horrific.

16. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I would too, and I have considered whether that's why she took her water bottle. But, if that was the reason, how/why did she end up outside? MOO

17. Seajay

Seajay Gannon is my HERO

Hubby took Ambien and had two car accidents in two weeks, while on it. He also fell asleep twice while driving with me in the car. When he passed away, I found an entire unused bottle of it and dumped it immediately.

Barlow, LadyL, abr and 11 others like this.
  18. natsound

natsound Well-Known Member

Her husband says Kelly was still up, but I don't know how he would know that. She might have fallen asleep (with help of Ambien, alcohol, or not) and then gotten up around 2 a.m. I think just what a friend of one of Kelly's siblings said on FB, that Kelly was sleepwalking or otherwise confused for some reason.

PommyMommy likes this.
  19. Detectivediva

Detectivediva Well-Known Member

My thought was perhaps she realized shoes were likely to float and leaving them at the edge of the water would allude people to what happened (sooner) and most people who are determined to commit suicide don't want to be found 'in time.'

Just my opinion and again I'm not sure what vibe I'm getting here. Toxicology will be very important in this one indeed.

20. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

That trail around the lake is possible! Hotels along lake trails are common in FL- a draw/amenity of sorts. This article was written before KG was found, but describes the path well. Apparently the area is invaded by iguanas- which would also draw alligators. South Fl is infested w them & they can grow longer than 5 feet- personally saw a bright green pair 4’ upright in the Keys in 2006. They are not aggressive but the sheer size kept me in the car! I had no idea how big they can get.

“There is a walkway near the hotel, which leads to a canal. The area is sketchy and infested with BIG iguanas.”
    Missing Utah woman update: CCTV video shows Kelly Glover walking barefoot near exit

Iguanas could also attract crocodiles- which are moving farther north each year. Spotted north of FtL last year & killed 2 men in 2014. More aggressive than gators. I wouldn’t think croc or gator at hotel with the ledge up off the water, but if she went walking on the trail, much more possible.
    Crocodiles resurging as more neighborhoods receive toothy, scaly visitors
    Two People Attacked by Crocodile in Florida Canal - Guardian Liberty Voice

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    LadyL, Quiet Time and PommyMommy like this.