FL FL - Lauren Brittney Dumolo, 29, Cape Coral, 19 Jun 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Knox, Jun 29, 2020.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

The father of a missing woman is upset with a local police department because he says investigators made a major mistake from the beginning.

Dumolo wants to know what happened to his daughter.

He said, from his first call to the department, he’s had trouble.

“On Sunday, the twenty-first of 2020, which was Father’s Day, there was a missing persons report put out,” Paul said. “On the twenty-fourth, I flew into Florida. I got in at eleven o’clock at night. Thursday morning, I woke up, call Cape Coral Police Department and was asking who’s on my daughter’s case, and I want to speak to them, and nobody was even assigned to my daughter’s case.”

Dumolo went on to list more problems, including forensics, missing evidence and lack of communication with him and a lack of media attention.

When we asked CCPD to a response to Paul Dumolo’s claims, a spokesman told us the detective on the case had nothing new to release.

3. RIPRM

RIPRM Well-Known Member

This is an idiotic response. Its not even a response, its just a random statement. In politics the saying is "don't answer the question that was asked, answer the question you wish you had been asked." That is what comes to mind for me. Based on this alone its easy to believe that everything Paul D. alleges is completely true. There is no evidence of care of competence. IMO

misgrn, kelsie, Flicka1 and 5 others like this.
  4. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

It is an idiotic response imo. At the very least, could they tell us what they have been doing for nearly 16 months? LE seems to fail to realize that we care about Lauren (and her family) in our community. They also fail to realize that we know we are living out here with whomever did this to Lauren. None of this is ok or acceptable. Imo.

misgrn, kelsie, Flicka1 and 5 others like this.
  5. ComplicitPodcast

ComplicitPodcast Well-Known Member

There will be a press conference held today, Wed. Oct. 13 at 3pm by the Lee County Sheriff's office with regards to Lauren's case.

misgrn, kelsie, Flicka1 and 9 others like this.
  6. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Jeff Butera

@ABC7Jeff

NEW: The Lee County Sheriff says they have found the body of a young female. They can *not* say it was missing woman Lauren Dumolo, but can *not* exclude her. IMPORTANT: They want to talk to anyone who did DENTAL WORK on Lauren Dumolo in #SWFL or in Staten Island or Maryland.

swedeheart, misgrn, kelsie and 7 others like this.
  7. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Jeff Butera

@ABC7Jeff

The dental work will help in identification, one way or another. Investigators believe person has been dead > 6 months but < 5 years CCPD: "Biggest lead they've had in this case" and "good possibility this is Lauren"

misgrn, kelsie, Flicka1 and 4 others like this.
  8. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

Here is the press conference. Dental records needed from Staten Island-extraction done approx 10 years ago. Or dental records from Florida.

megs1477, swedeheart, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  9. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

She was reported missing from an apartment on Coronado Pkwy. That is an hour south of where these remains were found. It sounds like they have an idea of who was involved.

Attached Files:

j_in_c, misgrn, Knox and 6 others like this.
  10. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

waaaoooo... i hope this is the closure her family needed but even if it isnt, someone's female fam member is passed :(

j_in_c, Magz, misgrn and 4 others like this.
  11. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

wow, Chief Sizemore seemed extremely warm, respectful, and professional, and made me feel like they are indeed working hard on Lauren's case..

honestly however, given the population of where the body was found, I have doubts it will be her which makes me very sad as I would love even a little bit of closure for her family :(

Magz, swedeheart, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  12. ComplicitPodcast

Lauren had very identifiable teeth, so I imagine they have something of a good sense it is her. If they confirm it, then the next phase of the investigation can begin, and we can start to get justice for Lauren. Somebody put her there, that's not a place she went on her own.

Magz, swedeheart, misgrn and 6 others like this.
  13. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I'm sad to hear this may be Lauren, but relieved for Paul's sake. He's been tormented far too long. I hope dental records are available, can LE contact her prior employers to see if insurance records can indicate whether she had dental coverage? Or maybe if she was on public assistance and had dental treatment?

14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-news/update-on-lee-county-investigation

Investigators are seeking the dental records of Lauren Dumolo to compare them to human remains found off Pine Island Road on Tuesday.

The 29-year-old Cape Coral mother has been missing since June 2020.

Law enforcement is asking for any dentist who may have Dumolo’s dental records to come forward.

Sheriff Marceno said “The human remains found off Pine Island Road in a vacant, wooded lot shared similarities with Lauren Dumolo”

Cape Coral Police Chief Anthony Sizemore says “We believe that there is a good possibility that these skeletal remains belong to those of Lauren Dumolo,

15. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

This was like a punch to the gut for me. I know it's incredibly unlikely but I always was hoping Lauren would be found alive somehow, for her daughter and her dad and her sisters. She was working so hard to build her life back up after overcoming her addiction, and the pandemic knocked her down, but she got up and dusted herself off - she got right back out there.

Links:
    Lee County Sheriff's Office holds press conference on skeletal remains found off Pine Island Road

Lauren Dumolo: LCSO seeks dental records to link skeletal remains to missing woman

Lauren Dumolo's dental records needed to identify recently found remains

LCSO seeks Lauren Dumolo's dental records to compare to human remains found off Pine Island Rd

Login • Instagram
    The instagram for Lauren says #justiceforLauren on the latest post... :(

https://www.investigationdiscovery....ve-you-seen-missing-florida-mom-lauren-dumolo
    Detective Nick Jones with the Cape Coral Police Department tells "In Pursuit: The Missing" he has interviewed dozens of people in Lauren's life and, possibly even some relating to her case, but at this point none of the tips or information have led to Lauren's whereabouts. Det. Jones isn't giving up, and neither is Lauren's family.

Dumolo said, "I made a promise that I would not stop until I got the answers and she got resolution to whatever happened to hear and I will never stop... I plan on sticking to that promise until the day I die."

Dre, ComplicitPodcast, Magz and 3 others like this.
  16. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

What about her boyfriend? Is he as vocal as her family about finding her?

kelsie, Dre, LeeJay55 and 3 others like this.
  17. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

Gray Hughes Investigates last night shows his overview of where possibly Lauren was found.
    He did 2 other shows on Lauren. His second show was an interview with Paul and Caitlin and Hillary from Complicit.
    Gray and his core viewers have followed Lauren’s case from the start. Very thankful for the thousands of people who became aware of Lauren through his show.

Denisedyann, misgrn, Flicka1 and 8 others like this.
  18. ComplicitPodcast

yes, Gray is amazing. We talked a lot prior to his show so he could give accurate information to everyone. He is so diligent about finding the truth!

misgrn, Flicka1, kelsie and 3 others like this.
  19. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

One would HOPE but I’m under the impression from her father that he is not invested in finding her :(
    Gray is sometimes difficult to handle but I’m gonna dive in, thanks for the link! @Magz

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  20. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie-I was scared when I wrote him. I thought girl, Pai Mai is gonna snatch your eye out your head. Lol. He was the nicest and one of the few who replied, and believe me I wrote to plenty of them.