FL FL - Lauren Brittney Dumolo, 29, Cape Coral, 19 Jun 2020

You are right. My apologies. The person who linked the post on another site, put in the wrong location, showing somewhere near Marco Island and I (stupidly) assumed her info was correct and copied the Namus link without verifying.
The distance doesn't eliminate this IUD as a possibility in my opinion. I'm just pointing out that it is a few hours drive. It would be a long way with plenty of suitable dumping locations in between. MOO

On February 28th, 2021, almost a year after her disappearance, a kayaker was exploring a canal in Burnt Store Marina and came across a human skull. The discovery led to an immediate search of the area, and over the next few days, additional skeletal remains and clothing were found. It didn’t take long for the authorities to confirm that the remains belonged to Lauren Dumolo, the missing woman from Cape Coral.

The discovery of Lauren’s remains has opened a new chapter in the investigation into her disappearance. The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is now working on determining how she died, and whether there is foul play involved. They are also trying to locate any additional evidence that could help them solve the case. They have reached out to the public, asking anyone with information to come forward.

Lauren’s family and friends have been left devastated by the news of her death. They had hoped for a different outcome, but now they are left to mourn the loss of their loved one. Her parents have issued a statement thanking everyone who helped in the search for Lauren, and asking for privacy as they grieve. It’s clear that Lauren’s death has left a hole in the hearts of everyone who knew her.

The discovery of Lauren Dumolo’s remains almost a year after her disappearance has left everyone in Cape Coral reeling. It’s a tragic reminder that missing persons cases can often end in heartbreak. The investigation into her death is ongoing, and the community is united in their search for justice. Lauren’s family and friends will never forget her, and her memory will be honored by those who knew her. Rest in peace, Lauren.

Last edited:
On February 28th, 2021, almost a year after her disappearance, a kayaker was exploring a canal in Burnt Store Marina and came across a human skull. The discovery led to an immediate search of the area, and over the next few days, additional skeletal remains and clothing were found. It didn’t take long for the authorities to confirm that the remains belonged to Lauren Dumolo, the missing woman from Cape Coral.

The discovery of Lauren’s remains has opened a new chapter in the investigation into her disappearance. The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is now working on determining how she died, and whether there is foul play involved. They are also trying to locate any additional evidence that could help them solve the case. They have reached out to the public, asking anyone with information to come forward.

Lauren’s family and friends have been left devastated by the news of her death. They had hoped for a different outcome, but now they are left to mourn the loss of their loved one. Her parents have issued a statement thanking everyone who helped in the search for Lauren, and asking for privacy as they grieve. It’s clear that Lauren’s death has left a hole in the hearts of everyone who knew her.

The discovery of Lauren Dumolo’s remains almost a year after her disappearance has left everyone in Cape Coral reeling. It’s a tragic reminder that missing persons cases can often end in heartbreak. The investigation into her death is ongoing, and the community is united in their search for justice. Lauren’s family and friends will never forget her, and her memory will be honored by those who knew her. Rest in peace, Lauren.

R.I.P Lauren.

IMO this is so confusing to me. If I'm not mistaken, the photo in the above article is NOT Lauren, but Erica Johnson, who had gone missing and found alive in Ohio a year later. The article says Lauren was found deceased over 2 years ago, is this normal not to announce that someone has been found? I am very sad for Lauren, I had hoped for a better outcome. RIP

IMO this is so confusing to me. If I'm not mistaken, the photo in the above article is NOT Lauren, but Erica Johnson, who had gone missing and found alive in Ohio a year later. The article says Lauren was found deceased over 2 years ago, is this normal not to announce that someone has been found? I am very sad for Lauren, I had hoped for a better outcome. RIP
Very confusing

I too believe the article photo is incorrect. The only reason I can think of for not announcing her remains being found is to solve the mystery of what happened. I am surprised her father didn't announce anything. LE could have asked him to remain quiet too. I am NOT surprised there's nothing out of the so called boyfriend.

*Okay, this case has been bugging me so bad. You have no idea. When I first posted the article, something told me it was off somehow, I had posted about Erica Johnson just a bit earlier so I recognized the photograph so I thought it was about the same girl and then I found it to be Lauren. The wording is kinda funky. it looked legit but for those details, so I check everyday for an update. I felt terrible thinking oh no, what have I done. I found this article with but the date doesn’t match and I but I need help geography:

The Sheriff’s Office said they found the remains off Pine Island Rd. in North Fort Myers, but earlier this week a Fox 4 viewer called us, saying he saw deputies pulling a body out of the woods off of Pine Island Rd. near the intersection with U.S. 41 Business.

That means the expanse of woods off of that section of Pine Island Rd. may have been the final resting place of Lauren Dumolo.

"Everybody was talking about they had found a body, and I guess they had it roped off or something so they couldn’t get back there," said Elkins.

According to the police report, deputies responded on October 5th to a location where they found something, but it doesn’t say what or where.

But the description from Cape Coral Police Chief Anthony Sizemore fits that location.

"It was a wooded area in unincorporated Lee County in North Fort Myers," said Sizemore.

We also found police caution tape left back in the woods. Elkin said that's an area where many homeless individuals camp.

"The fact that she was back there where they camp, we don’t know what really happened to her," said Elkins.

At this time, we don’t have confirmation that the skeletal remains are in fact Lauren Dumolo. Sizemore said they are asking any dentists that worked on her teeth in the past 10 years to contact them.

"If you could let us know if she was a patient, we will take care of getting the requisite court orders to get that dental information and make that identification," said Sizemore.

"I personally spoke with Lauren’s father yesterday to let him know about the discovery, to hear it from us, and to also hear it from me to show him that, the gravity of the situation that, although it is not confirmed, we cannot do that, we do believe it’s promising," said Sizemore.

"I hope that they did find her, and they can put her, her family can put her to rest," said Elkins.

We actually spoke briefly with Lauren’s father Paul on the phone Wednesday evening, and he said he was aware that his daughter’s body may finally have been found.

According to Chief Sizemore, if Dumolo’s dental records can’t be obtained, they will have to try to identify the remains by using DNA, which he said can take much longer, even years.

I wonder if those are the remains that ended up being Briana Tennant? Found October 5 off Pine Island Road.

I also tried looking for any news articles mentioning remains in Burnt Store Marina, or in Feb. 2021 as that other article mentioned, but haven't been able to find anything else that looks like it matches.

"After ruling out the remains were not Dumolo’s, detectives with the Major Crimes Unit and Missing Person Unit continued to investigate. LCSO said the remains belong to a woman named Briana Tennant.

Tennant’s family has been notified and confirmed they hadn’t communicated with her in months and never reported her missing, LCSO officials said. The investigation into her death remains active."

Snip
Three weeks after Lauren was last seen, cadaver dogs with Peace River Search and Rescue worked with Cape Police searching the park and surrounding areas.

Mike Hadsell was there for part of that search.

He said the dogs alerted them to the waterline at Four Freedoms Park Park.

“The dogs came out of the park and then they went across the street, went up to the second story of the apartment building and alerted on the front door. And that was not a cued search,” Hadsell said.

He said that means there had to be a lot of odor.

“To be able to pick up that odor and then move across the street, that’s a pretty significant event when that happens, that doesn’t happen normally,” Hadsell said.
Hadsell said that apartment belonged to Lauren’s late mother and her boyfriend Victor.

“They said a cat had died and they think that’s what the cadaver dogs were hitting…human remains odor doesn’t smell like animals. It doesn’t smell like anything else,” Hadsell said.

Hadsell said the dogs got another hit on Victor’s work van, which the family said has ties to Gabriel, too.

“Gabriel and my mother’s boyfriend worked together,” Carey said.

“It’s very possible that he had just bled on something and then just touched things and that could be it. So we have to eliminate that. And we do that with the crime scene techs,” Hadsell said.

Hadsell said usually police use the handlers to help figure that out.

“We didn’t get any callbacks. We didn’t hear anything back from Cape Coral PD…we were kind of like wow, that’s weird, I wonder what happened,” Hadsell said.
Lauren’s dad wonders, too.

“I think she was murdered by her boyfriend is what I think,” Paul said.

No one has faced any charges…..

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23