FL FL - Lauren Brittney Dumolo, 29, Cape Coral, 19 Jun 2020

One more thing - in the video of the apartment, there is a shot of the bed. Where are the sheets/bedding and what is all that stuff piled on the bed? No bathmat on the floor in the bathroom? When were those pictures taken?

Do we know if a forensic team has been in that apartment, as in- checking it out with luminol?
Inside the Strange Disappearance of One Florida Mom: This Is a 'Complete & Utter Nightmare'
I didn’t notice the lack of bedding...had to go take another look at the video.
I wish I could hear the detective’s entire interview. At the very beginning of the video he is saying something about the lack of info/clues found on Lauren’s phone...

Partial Transcription- Detective speaking in People Magazine Video~
Inside the Strange Disappearance of One Florida Mom: This Is a 'Complete & Utter Nightmare'

• There is so much information about a person in their phone that can help us solve a case quickly and with her (Lauren), there just wasn't a lot of information.
  • As it stands right now, it appears she just vanished.
  • She spent the night with her boyfriend on the 18th, and on the 19th early in the morning he left for work. When he came home sometime between 9:30-10:00 at night, she was not there.
  • The apartment looked like a normal apartment, there wasn't anything that seemed (heavy emphasis on seemed) out of place to us. There wasn't any signs of a disturbance.
  • I learned that there had been allegations of domestic abuse between the two of them, and it started to paint a picture about their relationship through text messages that Cassie provided to me.
  • At this time (again special emphasis) there isn't anything evidentiary wise to suggest he harmed her in any way.
Hope that helps @mlhenn.

• There is so much information about a person in their phone that can help us solve a case quickly and with her (Lauren), there just wasn't a lot of information.
  • She spent the night with her boyfriend on the 18th, and on the 19th early in the morning he left for work. When he came home sometime between 9:30-10:00 at night, she was not there.
  • The apartment looked like a normal apartment, there wasn't anything that seemed (heavy emphasis on seemed) out of place to us. There wasn't any signs of a disturbance.
  • I learned that there had been allegations of domestic abuse between the two of them, and it started to paint a picture about their relationship through text messages that Cassie provided to me.
  • At this time (again special emphasis) there isn't anything evidentiary wise to suggest he harmed her in any way.
Hope that helps @mlhenn.
The wording on that third bullet point kind of stood out to me. “Spent the night with her boyfriend” makes it sounds like she didn’t live there and just stayed over after a date.
JMO

Oh, this family has been so stricken with sadness and loss. And with all this time, how can this family think this mystery with Lauren will end well?
Much hope for the P.I. -- maybe closure at least.

Their Thanksgiving will be a tuff one. There is their granddaughter and she is a blessing -- how close in distance is she to them? Of course Covid will prevent traveling to see her unless it has been routine during these months -- and it sounds like it hasn't been.
I'm hoping this family can take strength through each other and through friends who care for them.

Hope that helps @mlhenn.
So the third point, she spent the night with her boyfriend.... maybe he has an alibi for when he was at work, but how can he have one for when they were home alone sleeping? Moo.

So the third point, she spent the night with her boyfriend.... maybe he has an alibi for when he was at work, but how can he have one for when they were home alone sleeping? Moo.
If you carefully listen, IMO the detective doesn't believe the boyfriend isn't involved in Lauren's disappearance. He just can't prove it yet.

I watched a Dateline episode a while back, where initially a suspect had an alibi. A few years later the person who provided the alibi came clean and told LE he lied to cover for him. Long story short, the guy murdered his wife and was convicted. So it happens ...

Yes, it happens -- s/he's your best friend, you may not have been told the truth about why s/he needs this "little white lie," and then you realize that you may be in a heap o' trouble supplying this little white lie that has now become an alibi for murder or robbery or whatever. Now, what do you do -- his/her azz or yours? So you talk to LE... if you're smarter now than you were then...

Rena Sue Marie
SWFL Helping Hands Facebook post dated today.
When you bring a Facebook post over to Websleuths it copies the entire post. I tried to shorten it by deleting some extra spacing.

SEARCH TEAM MASSIVE THREAD. IF YOUR COMING TONIGHT PLEASE READ #FindLauren #BringLaurenHome

Today we will meet at Four Freedoms Park to search for Lauren. When you arrive please social distance. Mask use is encouraged however there is no mask mandate. I will be wearing one. Please don't ask me to police masks I have enough duties today and there is no law so its pointless to force it. We will not be together more than a few minutes before we all go our seperate ways. Please arrive promptly at 5pm.

When you arrive we will break up in teams. Depending on how many people we have will determine how many people will be in each team. The teams will be assigned at the meetup. Due to cost we will not be printing out grid maps. Instead I will assign a leader who has a cellphone and show them where their team will be searching. We have about 500 flyers total. If you speak to someone you to do not need to give them a flyer. As you knock on doors make sure to stay back 6 feet. Ask them if they have seen Lauren. Show them the flyer. If the person is not home leave a flyer. Submit any leads to Tips — Cape Coral Police Department. Don't be afraid to Yell Lauren as you are walking. She could be in any house waiting to be rescued. Act like she is.

Directions:

Walk along the area your assigned side by side, arm-length apart try and maintain the same pace as your team.

If you come across something suspicious tag an area near it with a piece of bright paper (we will provide it to the team laeder) and submit the tip here: Tips — Cape Coral Police Department and email

Take a picture of any and all things you find that you feel are relevant and give them to the police. You can submit these to tips and photos at Tips — Cape Coral Police Department. Make sure to explain where you found it. Do not touch it leave it there.

If its something very suspicious such as something bad like a gun, knife, etc call the Cape Coral Police (239) 574-3223

Do not forget about trees, cliffs, ditches, canals etc

Knock on doors but only when your with ppl. Never go inside anyone’s home. Knock on doors with one other person with you always for your protection. Even if your a man. Very important A lot of people have doorbell cams these days so if you knock on doors near the park or Lauren’s home ask ppl if they would be willing to look at their cameras on the 19, 20, or 21st. If they find anything on their cam please make sure to tell them how to submit a tip here:Tips — Cape Coral Police Department Do not forget to ask this. This is the single biggest thing you can do to help find Lauren. Make sure to leave the Cape Coral police’s phone (239) 574-3223 number and ask them to save and report anything suspicious. If the person at the door wishes to submit a tip ask them to take out their phone and submit the tip @https://www.capecops.com/tips and help them submit it and see that it is done immediately. Encourage them to do it now with you or they may not do it later. Make sure to stay 6 feet away.

Be mentally prepared and alert at all times.

Watch for suspicious behavior

Make sure you hand out flyers and give information to any of the people you come across.

Also be on the lookout video cameras near four freedoms park and Lauren’s home. You can later ask the owner to view them or ask the police to analyze the footage.

Teams- Feel free to drive your car to the area your assigned. Once finished you may leave. Each team will have a leader and I will give that leader my phone number. Please bring your phones FULLY charged or you will not be a leader. As the leader it is you who will be responsible for submitting any tip to the police your team finds. Each team will be given a set number of flyers to hand out

Team One - Four Freedoms Park and Manor Court

Team Two Atlantic Court

Team Three - Cape Coral Parkway East 1 mile

Team Four -Cape Coral Parkway West 1 mile

Team Five - Coronado Parkway East intersection Cape Coral Parkway East 3/4 mile

Team Six -Coronado Parkway / Cape Coral Parkway Intersection West 3/4 mile

Team 7 -Manor Court make sure to do both sides

Team 8 - Sesame Court, Sabor Court, Sharar Court

Team 9 - Sunnybrook Court, Erin Court,

Team 10 - Lafayette Street near Laurens home

Team 11 -Miramar Street Big street need many people

Team 12 -Viceroy Street & Viceroy Court

Team 13 - Avalon Drive

Team 14 -Tudor Drive (sex offender area)

Team 15- Tiffany Court & Tamiami Court

Team 16 -Stratford Court & Skylark Court

Team 17 - Palmetto Drive

Team 18.- Apartments behind Freedom Park big group needed

Team 20- Car Group. This group will be asked to tape flyers on business doors and leave flyers at gas stations or any business within 1 mile of the park

Each team will consist of at least 4 people. If you want to be a leader come and find me when you arrive. I will give you the map and your assignment.

If you have a drone make sure you asked for clearance to use it at the event

If your a scuba diver please come. We ask you to search the basin. Submit any tip to the police you find

Small boats are asked to come into the basin and search

We really need alot of people for this to be successful. Never forget why you are there. It can be easy to get distracted and chit chat but u want to make sure you don't miss any clues so stay laser focused like a bloodhound.

The Cape Coral Police are not putting on this event. This event is being put on by the community. Your coming at your own risk and we assume no liability for your health or safety. The police were invited.

#FindLauren

IMO impressive. I hope they find Lauren safe and soon. Prayers for Lauren And her family and friends

We still don't know if the shirt was hers. LE hasn't confirmed as of yet it belongs to her. Or they know by now and keeping it to themselves.

The interview with her boyfriend didn't made clear to me what her movements where that weekend. I would also like to know exactly when she stopped responding. (Friday night or saturday morning) The fact that the father was so quickly alarmed still bothers me, besides her missing ofcourse.
IMO almost like he feared something could happen due to lifestyle or associations with people JMO

No phone, no money, no trace of Lauren Dumolo: Where is the Cape Coral mother? - NBC2 News

From the post above...
To note:
•her boyfriend’s name is Gabriel Pena
•he stated he last seen her when he left for work at 6am
•a maintenance worker saw her at her apartment complex around 8:15am
•police were able to track down the last time her cell phone was used. Just after 10am, Lauren, or someone using Lauren’s phone, tried to video chat her boyfriend on Facebook from the apartment. Gabriel did not answer.
•Days after her disappearance, her purse was found at Four Freedoms Park.
•she often walked there and meditated by the water.
•About a week later, one of her shirts was found buried in the sand.
•Lauren’s missing persons report was filed on a Sunday by Gabriel, two days after she vanished
•but due to an error in the report, detectives didn’t start investigating until five days after she was last heard from
•LE are following many leads, but will not release the names of any persons of interest in this case.
•her boyfriend said he spoke to investigators and took a polygraph test
•her boyfriend said she wasn’t using drugs and wouldn’t harm herself. Her family agreed.

No phone, no money, no trace of Lauren Dumolo: Where is the Cape Coral mother? - NBC2 News

THIS STOOD OUT:
According to Lauren’s sister, Cassie Carey, police were able to track down the last time her cell phone was used. Just after 10 in the morning, Lauren, or someone using Lauren’s phone, tried to video chat her boyfriend on Facebook from the apartment. Gabriel did not answer.

Lauren’s boyfriend said he didn’t hear from her after he left to go to work. He claims he didn’t get a call or text from her that morning, despite phone records saying otherwise, according to her family.

Volunteer search teams from Marco Island have looked around Cape Coral, in hopes of finding even the smallest piece of evidence. Divers searched the lake off Four Freedoms Park, but detectives could not release whether or not they found anything of interest in the water.

“Do you have any reason to believe she is still alive?” Digital Executive Producer Vanessa Bein asked.

“I can’t answer that,” Detective Jones said.
Bf said she wasn’t using drugs? I thought he stated in the interview that he thought her friends got her on drugs or something to that effect? IMO

So had she been texting back and forth with these friends to hook up and get drugs?
It hasn’t been confirmed whether she was or not (using). Her father did state that Lauren had made some questionable choices in the past but was doing better now. The “one of her friends may have got her messed up” has been suggested by the boyfriend during that one article.
...But in the latest interview with LE, it was shared she had multiple phones (2 found at apartment).

Playing devils advocate here..... I have fleeting moments where it crosses my mind that she’s being held against her will in her mother’s apartment. This being at the direction of those that live there. Of course that can’t even be checked out because LE would need evidence and a search warrant. Pure speculation on my part. JMO

I wonder if anyone has a big chest freezer, knows their way around a farm, has access to heavy equipment, owns a boat, etc.[/QU
Cape Coral woman missing for two months; police continue to search

BBM.

Since going missing, Lauren has missed her daughter's birthday and her own 30th birthday.

Her poor dad... I just want to give him a hug. At video in link, her sister states she had helped Lauren pay rent right before she went missing since Lauren was laid off due to COVID. She didn't have the money to make herself disappear.

BF reported her missing 2 days after she was last seen but due to an error in the police report, she wasn't searched for until 5 days after she was last seen. “Nothing was done about it until Wednesday when the officer that took the report was back into work, and she was the only person who could fix the clerical error,” her sister said.

If you watch this video, they have a photo of Lauren's shirt in the park.

“Every detective in my unit, there are nine of us, have interviewed multiple, multiple people,” Detective Jones said.“There isn’t any one person I wouldn’t rule out right now.”

The Ride for Lauren fundraiser has no set date yet - the family has purchased a web domain called werideforlauren.org but hasn't fixed up the site yet.

“We did find a shirt, it is here at the police department,” explained Cape Coral Lead Detective Nick Jones. “We do believe that it’s hers. I don’t have anything confirming one hundred percent, but we do believe that it’s hers.”

(I think the shirt they found is the red one in the photo at the link above)

BBM - why would she be looking for a new apartment when she was actively job hunting and without current employment? They were clearly having money troubles due to COVID and I think that'd be the least likely time to look for a new apartment. They had just paid rent (thanks to Lauren's sister).
IMO Lauren has been dating the bf for four years but her dad had never met him? Although it says Lauren last saw her father 2 years ago. Interesting

BBM :(

Bf said she wasn’t using drugs? I thought he stated in the interview that he thought her friends got her on drugs or something to that effect? IMO

That could also mean this was a reason for her to go looking for another appartment. But these contradicting statements do not help.

Also, she thus had none of her multiple phones in her possession when she left the house??? I am not buying that.

That could also mean this was a reason for her to go looking for another appartment. But these contradicting statements do not help.

Also, she thus had none of her multiple phones in her possession when she left the house??? I am not buying that.
Perhaps the two phones that were left behind were discarded pay as you go phones?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back