Reaction score
Leanne Marie Wegge – The Charley Project

• 06/05/2018
  • Missing FromMiami, Florida
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth10/18/1970 (48)
  • Age47 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 150 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Wegge has burn scars covering 67% of her body. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Wegge was last seen in Miami, Florida on June 5, 2018. She left her residence at Paradise Trailer Park after an argument with her boyfriend and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

• wegge_leanne.jpg
  • wegge_leanne2.jpg
  • wegge_leanne3.jpg
  • wegge_leanne4.jpg
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She worked a position as Environmental Services at Baptist Health which is basically the janitorial staff per her LinkedIn profile. She has 129 connections on LinkedIn.

Her Facebook page shows a history of friendships and humor, not drama.

I don’t understand why this case is unsolved and there is very little media attention. It appears she has friends, a job, is from the Boston area, etc. What’s the missing link here? Does her family even know she’s missing?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/leanne-wegge-9b8ba99a

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1580505273

It has been over a year since she went missing. "Walking away from an argument with a significant other" is never a phrase I like to read in these missing reports. If a person goes missing after an argument, it usually means something bad has happened to them. I hope I'm wrong though, and I hope she is found safe.

I don't have a subscription to a family tree software. I wonder if anyone has done any DNA or genealogy on her family. Her FB page looks like she has a daughter and granddaughter. If one of them tested and agreed to let LE use the results I bet they could identify her if she is found deceased.

She worked a position as Environmental Services at Baptist Health which is basically the janitorial staff per her LinkedIn profile. She has 129 connections on LinkedIn.

Her Facebook page shows a history of friendships and humor, not drama.

I don’t understand why this case is unsolved and there is very little media attention. It appears she has friends, a job, is from the Boston area, etc. What’s the missing link here? Does her family even know she’s missing?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/leanne-wegge-9b8ba99a

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1580505273
Hello my name isDenise, Leanne is my cousin we have been truly trying to get word out there of her disappearance! Was glad to find this one ☝ it’s been over a year now with zero leads last person to see her alive was her boyfriend! Police have taken a dna sample from her daughter back in February still hasn’t come back!

I don't have a subscription to a family tree software. I wonder if anyone has done any DNA or genealogy on her family. Her FB page looks like she has a daughter and granddaughter. If one of them tested and agreed to let LE use the results I bet they could identify her if she is found deceased.

The police took a dna sample from her daughter back in February still waiting for it to come back! No leads no media support extremely frustrating for our family

Hello my name isDenise, Leanne is my cousin we have been truly trying to get word out there of her disappearance! Was glad to find this one ☝ it’s been over a year now with zero leads last person to see her alive was her boyfriend! Police have taken a dna sample from her daughter back in February still hasn’t come back!
Welcome to Websleuths and thank you for updating us! What has been done to raise awareness? Flyers? Searches? A Facebook page dedicated to her?

The police took a dna sample from her daughter back in February still waiting for it to come back! No leads no media support extremely frustrating for our family
Denise - I'm a regular here and an author. I have book signings in Miami in a few weeks. May I pass out her flyer ? (The main character in my books is LEO so I have a lot of sleuthy type readers and regularly pass out missing posters). Grace

Denise - I'm a regular here and an author. I have book signings in Miami in a few weeks. May I pass out her flyer ? (The main character in my books is LEO so I have a lot of sleuthy type readers and regularly pass out missing posters). Grace
Yes Grace we would appreciate any assistance!!!!

Welcome to Websleuths and thank you for updating us! What has been done to raise awareness? Flyers? Searches? A Facebook page dedicated to her?
Yes to all of the above except search’s we asked for cadaver dogs to search the trailer park she was last seen especially since i heard they are removing and building on the property but they have not done so. I have also just last week emailed all the media in the Miami area. I live in Boston so it’s hard to search so far away

Last edited:
Unidentified woman's body found on beach in Hollywood: Woman's Body Found on Beach in Hollywood
Interesting that they knew each other. Would they have washed up or is that too far from the waters edge?

From the link.
Police are investigating after the body of a woman was discovered on the beach in Hollywood Wednesday, not far from where a man's body was also found.

The discovery of the woman's body was made around 2:30 a.m. on the sand in the area between Fillmore Street and the Hollywood Boardwalk, just north of the Margaritaville Hotel, Hollywood Police said.

While investigating the woman's death, detectives discovered the body of a man in the 300 block of New York Street.

Police haven't released the identity of the woman but said she is in her 40s. The man's identity also wasn't released.

Interesting that they knew each other. Would they have washed up or is that too far from the waters edge?

From the link.
Police are investigating after the body of a woman was discovered on the beach in Hollywood Wednesday, not far from where a man's body was also found.

The discovery of the woman's body was made around 2:30 a.m. on the sand in the area between Fillmore Street and the Hollywood Boardwalk, just north of the Margaritaville Hotel, Hollywood Police said.

While investigating the woman's death, detectives discovered the body of a man in the 300 block of New York Street.

Police haven't released the identity of the woman but said she is in her 40s. The man's identity also wasn't released.

The man's body was found in an apartment nearby:
Hollywood Police Investigate 'Suspicious Deaths' Of 2 People, One Found On The Beach

After reading more details, I get the feeling this is a recent death and the woman is probably unlikely to be Leanne. MOO.

Now also on Doe Network: 3962DFFL - Leanne Wegge

I noticed this "Burn scars covering 67% of body" could be used for possible identification but hopefully she safe somewhere
Hoping she’s safe too, in hiding or a different area altogether living her best life. If she has passed, her remains would be skeletal and the burns on the skin wouldn’t be obvious. I don’t know if they found remains, if the bone would show any evidence from the burns. I hope they’re still investigating. Someone saw something but may not realize it.

Denise, I'm so sorry for your family's situation. I would love to help. This is a long shot but when comparing unidentified persons against missing persons I found a very slim possible match to Leanne. The photos/images are disturbing and don't look like Leanne-the artist only had skeletal remains to base the images on. White female 50+ years old, skeletal remains were found on 7 July 2019, Ft. Meyers, FL, behind RaceTrak gas station that might be worth looking at. Their race, age, locations, etc. match up and Leanne (2962DFFL) could possibly be a match...to 1535 UFFL on The Doe Network; 1535UFFL Good luck to you and your family!

Ok sleuths
Looking for some help with a missing persons case. Well possibly two…

My cousin Leanne Wegge went missing out of Miami July 2018….. we have heard nothing the Miami or wouldn’t even open a case until February of 2019. As my cousin had drug issues in past she was dismissed….. FF to last Thursday my cousin’s daughter received a letter from the Oklahoma tax commission the letter was addressed to my missing cousin name Leanne Wegge & Stephanie Clemons….

We google the name Stephanie Clemons she too is a missing person, from Marimar Florida. We are stunned and contacted both our detectives at Miami Dade SVU but are told that all the SVU are out in training and to leave message emails etc and still nothing. Kristina, Leanne’s daughter then reached the detective on Stephanie Ray Clemons case and while he listened and seemed like somewhat interested which gave us Hope then when she emailed this detective he responded with that he is going to be heading out on vacation and will lookInto when he gets back in 8 days. We know that it’s probably some sort of identity fraud the people are using two missing women to file taxes with their names and social security numbers…. They both went missing year 2018 they both missing from Florida

I mean absolutely no disrespect in asking this - but I just read an article regarding Stephanie Clemons disappearance and her husband apparently is a POI in the case. In the article he states "I had a wife and a girlfriend for 10 years - and it wasn't no secret". Could your cousin have possibly been the girlfriend?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back