Still Missing FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found alive on street), Miramar, 27 Jul 2020 #4 *arrest*

It's probably the lighting at the gas station that makes it look like it's during the day. Imo
I agree. If you look at the very top right edge of the picture, its very dark out away from the pumps. At first I questioned that due to the definite shadow cast from the roof over the pumps. Light to create that would seem to come from higher than what the parking lot lights would appear to be. But it could be that a bright moon, or even city lights reflecting back down off a cloudy sky, could give enough light to throw a bit of a shadow there. And that might be even more noticeable if the image details had been enhanced a little. Regardless, the darkness out away from the pumps sure seems to indicate the pic was actually taken at night.

One of the things I heard at the hearing was that they changed the time of one of SR's internet searches. The search for Chloroform remained at 1:45am on the 26th. The search for trash pickup was 12:01pm on the 26th not am. I think this sounds more likely because SR was dumping stuff out of Leila's truck into the dumpster at RaceTrac AFTER he dumped Kamdyn at the Edge Apartments.

I agree. If you look at the very top right edge of the picture, its very dark out away from the pumps. At first I questioned that due to the definite shadow cast from the roof over the pumps. Light to create that would seem to come from higher than what the parking lot lights would appear to be. But it could be that a bright moon, or even city lights reflecting back down off a cloudy sky, could give enough light to throw a bit of a shadow there. And that might be even more noticeable if the image details had been enhanced a little. Regardless, the darkness out away from the pumps sure seems to indicate the pic was actually taken at night.

If you go on google maps and look at the picture of this RaceTrac, there are a lot of lights on tall poles in the parking lot. There is a RaceTrac near me that also has extremely bright lights on tall poles at night so it looks kind of like daylight in the parking lot but in fact, it is dark night outside. I assume they use these lights to make people feel safe while getting gas at all hours of the night.

If you go on google maps and look at the picture of this RaceTrac, there are a lot of lights on tall poles in the parking lot. There is a RaceTrac near me that also has extremely bright lights on tall poles at night so it looks kind of like daylight in the parking lot but in fact, it is dark night outside. I assume they use these lights to make people feel safe while getting gas at all hours of the night.
I can see what you are saying. I didn't think the lights could be that bright, but I do vividly remember how bright the gas stations were late at night when I was traveling.
I want more answers for Leila. I feel like my opinion of her went from sweet, innocent girl to party girl, and right back to sweet and innocent with little guidance in life to help make proper decisions.
Thinking about young Kam, without his mommy, makes me hug my little children for a few extra seconds every night before they go to sleep.
Sorry if this is all over the place, this case has hit me extra hard for some reason.

I can see what you are saying. I didn't think the lights could be that bright, but I do vividly remember how bright the gas stations were late at night when I was traveling.
I want more answers for Leila. I feel like my opinion of her went from sweet, innocent girl to party girl, and right back to sweet and innocent with little guidance in life to help make proper decisions.
Thinking about young Kam, without his mommy, makes me hug my little children for a few extra seconds every night before they go to sleep.
Sorry if this is all over the place, this case has hit me extra hard for some reason.

No matter what else is true of Leila, it is clear that she adored her son. She raised him alone and kept him so close. He was her light and her joy. Even the baby’s daddy with whom she had a brief fling notes that. My heart breaks for Kam and for this young single mom trying to find her way in the world. Being a single mom without a steady income makes you vulnerable to so many charlatans and predators... married people party and pay babysitters and have wild tailgating events down here and their money and family and support make it possible to both enjoy life and protect their children. I am furious for Leila and heartbroken for Kam.

I can relate to this. I had my son when I was 17 years old. I made so many stupid mistakes back then that could have been disastrous, but it all worked out eventually. I can honestly say I struggled without any real family support, I suppose much like Leila did. I had a few terrible jobs back then and almost lost hope many times. Eventually it all worked out. I only wish it had for Leila and her baby too... :( This case strikes so close to home for me. And yes, there are so many out there who will take advantage of a young desperate mother, I was lucky, it looked very bleak back then, but in time it worked out for us....

Last edited:
If SR is responsible for Leila’s disappearance what would his motive have been to disappear her forever? I’m not really buying that the vehicle was the motive. Why would he break out the window of the truck if he was going to steal the truck? Unless a quarrel took place inside the truck. JMO

If SR is responsible for Leila’s disappearance what would his motive have been to disappear her forever? I’m not really buying that the vehicle was the motive. Why would he break out the window of the truck if he was going to steal the truck? Unless a quarrel took place inside the truck. JMO

I don't see SR as someone deeply invested in life or community--his personality and history suggest someone who lived by impulse and did what he wanted when he wanted. He is skilled at manipulation and using people as objects to his ends. I'm not sure the motive will be anymore more complicated than he wanted her to sell a car or he wanted to pimp her and she refused and so he got mad and killed her when she threatened to reveal he was a spiritual charlatan.

Leila didn't seem like someone who allowed people to mistreat her or walk all over her. She expressed anger at family when she wasn't happy with them. She wasn't quiet. She wasn't desperate to please others. She may have threatened to ruin his criminal enterprise on social media. MOO.

I don't see SR as someone deeply invested in life or community--his personality and history suggest someone who lived by impulse and did what he wanted when he wanted. He is skilled at manipulation and using people as objects to his ends. I'm not sure the motive will be anymore more complicated than he wanted her to sell a car or he wanted to pimp her and she refused and so he got mad and killed her when she threatened to reveal he was a spiritual charlatan.

Leila didn't seem like someone who allowed people to mistreat her or walk all over her. She expressed anger at family when she wasn't happy with them. She wasn't quiet. She wasn't desperate to please others. She may have threatened to ruin his criminal enterprise on social media. MOO.

He definitely had a skill for manipulating people, especially those more vulnerable and looking for "guidance", it seems. I honestly think he thought he was so good at his "craft" of manipulation, that he thought he could outsmart LE with his nonsense videos and FB rants. He had me there for a second, after he posted that 50 minute video, and I thought that he seemed somewhat genuine in the sense that he cared for Leila. Then as I took in others perspectives and more details emerged, it makes me sick to my stomach to think I ever thought he could have been innocent.

He definitely had a skill for manipulating people, especially those more vulnerable and looking for "guidance", it seems. I honestly think he thought he was so good at his "craft" of manipulation, that he thought he could outsmart LE with his nonsense videos and FB rants. He had me there for a second, after he posted that 50 minute video, and I thought that he seemed somewhat genuine in the sense that he cared for Leila. Then as I took in others perspectives and more details emerged, it makes me sick to my stomach to think I ever thought he could have been innocent.

Just wanting to give you a hug. In some ways, we are all vulnerable--the same thing that makes us care about others and want justice also makes us empathy-engines sometimes who are driven off course by someone who seems misunderstood. Manipulators are scary because they are so powerful at assuaging us, at unmooring us, at "revealing" something new about the world that makes them seem genuine, and that tempts us to defend them.

No matter what else is true of Leila, it is clear that she adored her son. She raised him alone and kept him so close. He was her light and her joy. Even the baby’s daddy with whom she had a brief fling notes that. My heart breaks for Kam and for this young single mom trying to find her way in the world. Being a single mom without a steady income makes you vulnerable to so many charlatans and predators... married people party and pay babysitters and have wild tailgating events down here and their money and family and support make it possible to both enjoy life and protect their children. I am furious for Leila and heartbroken for Kam.
Yes, she must have fallen prey to this con man. She is a person who did not deserve to be hurt no matter what mistakes she had ever made. I don’t think she would have put her baby in danger if she thought for 1 minute he would end up motherless. Please don’t let this be a no body found investigation where no one is charged for her death.

I think that after Leilas long drive and all day going to the beach, dinner, etc Leila was tired and just needed to rest but SR might have turned aggressive and she got scared and locked herself inside the truck with maybe Kam already asleep and SR took the shovel and broke the window for entrance inside the truck and things went from bad to worst with Leila trying to protect herself and Kam.

Last edited:

She probably fought for her life.

I agree. But he was a big guy and I think he sedated her with that chloroform first. Still puzzled and concerned about where Kamdyn was during this....
I agree that he used the chloroform first. If he disabled her with the chloroform first, it may have been quick and the baby could have been in the backseat.

Leila could be anywhere at this point. It’s been a few weeks since she disappeared. I don’t picture SR as being the type to give her up. And I know he was charged with kidnapping because that is the most serious charge that insures he stays in jail. I could be wrong but a good defense attorney could poke a lot of holes in this charge. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back