FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one news source so far. If this is a mistake, it's a really terrible one.

Or is the article clear and we are just in shock?
Though I prefer this outcome over a nefarious one. They have not said she is safe and located though.
It's strange because if it really was "breaking news" I would think they would lead with the new information. Instead they say it's still a mysterious case, give some background information first, and then casually mention that they have had contact with her and she didn't leave under suspicious circumstances, without any official statement or quote from LE.

Breaking News!

“Cavett lives in Dawsonville in a residence on Goldmine Road, according to Dawson County Sheriff Jeff Johnson. The latest on the case is that Florida law enforcement agents have made contact with Cavett and have no reason to believe that she left under suspicious circumstances.” BBM

MSM
Search for missing Dawsonville woman continues after son found in parking lot

Time Stamp of MSM: Aug 3, 2020, 3:43 p.m.

Edit: Sorry didn’t look before posting. @Inquisitive2018 beat me to it! Lol, Great work!!!

Redmine road Dawsonville, Fl United States.
is in Georgia.
So how did Kamdyn get to Florida and the White Truck?

Breaking News!

“Cavett lives in Dawsonville in a residence on Goldmine Road, according to Dawson County Sheriff Jeff Johnson. The latest on the case is that Florida law enforcement agents have made contact with Cavett and have no reason to believe that she left under suspicious circumstances.” BBM

MSM
Search for missing Dawsonville woman continues after son found in parking lot

Time Stamp of MSM: Aug 3, 2020, 3:43 p.m.

Edit: Sorry didn’t look before posting. @Inquisitive2018 beat me to it! Lol, Great work!!!

Redmine road Dawsonville, United States.
is in Georgia.
So how did Kamdyn and the White Truck get to Florida?

I'm reading in all kinds of unreliable sources that they have talked with her? If so, I completely misread her and this entire situation. I would have NEVER thought she would have left her child. I've been wrong before (way to many times to count)!

Redmine road Dawsonville, Fl United States.
is in Georgia.
So how did Kamdyn get to Florida and the White Truck?
She may have left her vehicle behind and driven with someone else. It still doesn't really make sense, though. I wish we had some confirmation.

Would she really have just abandoned her child and run off without telling anyone? She had so many pictures of him on her FB page and they both looked happy.

She may have left her vehicle behind and driven with someone else. It still doesn't really make sense, though. I wish we had some confirmation.

Would she really have just abandoned her child and run off without telling anyone? She had so many pictures of him on her FB page and they both looked happy.

Agree.. I would never have thought this? I can't find a good source?

Hypothetical scenario:

Let’s say Leila and the Facebook man were in those apartments getting high and let kam play outside in the sand with his toys. Kam wanders off. They are all strung out by now and don’t realize he’s missing until LE comes round knocking on doors. Now being high, and paranoid, they aren’t about to fess up that he’s theirs so they don’t answer the door. They know kam is safe. Then news reports start showing up on tv and they freak out and bail. Thinking they’ll fess up once they sober up and it’s all a big misunderstanding. But the drugs continue and at some point it becomes too late. A drug bender but she knows kam is safe.

I don’t know it’s possible, I’ve heard crazier things.

And isn’t an approved source I don’t think :/
Oh, I assumed it was a local news source. I guess we should wait for confirmation from LE by another source. Is there a sheriff's page linked somewhere? Have they changed her status from missing and endangered to found? Also, I would think LE would want proof that she is okay and would do more than just verify it just because they have been in contact with her. Unless they saw her in person I don't know how they can be sure.

Oh, I assumed it was a local news source. I guess we should wait for confirmation from LE by another source. Is there a sheriff's page linked somewhere? Have they changed her status from missing and endangered to found? Also, I would think LE would want proof that she is okay and would do more than just verify it just because they have been in contact with her. Unless they saw her in person I don't know how they can be sure.

The Dawson County News looks legit to me. I just question their reporting on this story. moo

And isn’t an approved source I don’t think :/
This media outlet/paper is a member of the Southern Newspaper Publishers Association, which represents newspapers in 15 southern states. The reporter who wrote the story made it a direct quote from the Sheriff — although it’s missing the first quote marks (“) after the Sheriff’s attribution. If it’s wrong, it’s a pretty big blunder and would have to be corrected by Dawson County News. But for now, it’s breaking. Hopefully, one of our local stations or Hlwd PD report something soon. IMO

Additional Note: Dawsonville is the county seat of Dawsonville, Ga. This sheriff would be on the inner circle of this investigation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member