FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Trinitee, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

I think it meant that the Mother was aware Leila was going to Florida so she didn’t leave “abruptly in the night” as was quoted by a reporter from Dad that lives in Ohio.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020

2. Tori1

Tori1 Active Member

Maybe they locked it to get the messages off her messenger

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

@str8nightowl
    I'm bringing your post over from the Media thread - there is no discussion in that forum just MSM reports, map and timelines.
    Thank you.

4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

5. SunRae

SunRae Active Member

I think the Ft Lauderdale area might be a bit misleading. I believe they are looking at Ft Lauderdale more as a general area than specific city limits. Many more people are familiar with Ft Lauderdale and have a better idea of the location then they would if they heard Davie, Dania Beach, Miramar (especially with Miramar Beach up in the panhandle), etc.

6. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Kamdyn isn't with a familiar family member

7. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

This one took a while too - they have a system to work through is my understanding
    'We're heartbroken': Family works to bring Longwood boy, 3, found asleep on NY porch home
    snipped
    Child Protective Services in New York temporarily denied one of the boy's grandmothers custody Tuesday. Officials said they first want to visit to her Orlando home.

“We're heartbroken, we're worried, we're scared,” said Jorge Oquendo, Noelvin’s grandfather.

There are mixed emotions from Oquendo, after learning his grandson was found alone, and asleep in a box on someone's porch.

That's nearly 1,200 miles away from the boy's home in Longwood.

kelsie, Marg from Oz, j_in_c and 3 others like this.
  8. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I'm actually glad that they're putting some effort into finding out who's the better person to care for this child.

asmi106082, Beans, kimpage and 29 others like this.
  9. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Well-Known Member

I think it make sense, you don't want a situation where Kam goes to a home and he is later hurt. Then we will be blaming CPS. I hope LA get his name removed as he clearly wants nothing to do with Kam. I noticed in one of the recent article with the dad, they called him Kamdyn Cavett as opposed to Arnold.

I guess they needed warrants etc to search her FB cause its more than a week now.

kelsie, Marg from Oz, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  10. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

I'm so far behind I skipped from page 8 to here. Apologies in advance I dunno if this has been addressed.

I have a real doubt that a child of Kam's age could free himself from a carseat and get out of a truck and run off. There is zero way my 27 month old granddaughter has the strength to undo her very snug harness, let alone open the door to their Suburban (noted for height) and get safely to the pavement. I believe he was intentionally dropped off. All jmo.

11. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

so do I... BBM
    JMO

12. oceanstarryeyes

When did it change from “found wandering around” to “asleep in a box on someone's porch.”?!!

13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

sorry I was using a little boy found in NY that took alot of time for the grandparents to get him in FL as an example of what is possibly happening to her little one.

I will edit my post to clarify this - and darn - I can't edit it now. sorry for the confusion

14. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

All of them were taken down a couple of hours ago. I had found 6, and all 6 of them are off-line now.

15. Hannah3105

Hannah3105 Well-Known Member

Hoping a moderator can come back to me - @sillybilly. I know that we can only share links to social media profiles of named suspects and POI. There appears to be a potential self proclaimed POI (not named by LE) who appears to have been detained and questioned by local LE in the Walmart parking lot next to LC’s vehicle.

I know that ordinarily this would be out of bounds as per TOS, however, Barry a Morphew has not been named a POI by LE in the Suzanne Morphew case and we are able to discuss him on that thread.

Can we bring this in here? Thanks!

16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

People has picked up her story
    Ga. Mom Whose Toddler Was Found Wandering in Fla. Might Have Met Man Online Before Vanishing: Dad
    Ga. Mom Whose Toddler Was Found Wandering in Fla. Might Have Met Man Online Before Vanishing: Dad
    Leila Cavett's father told a local news station he is worried she may have been abducted

By Chris Harris
    August 06, 2020 11:03 AM

snipped
    It's on her Facebook," Cavett says. "I have to meet with detectives tomorrow so we can see if we can go into her messages on her Facebook."

The young mother, 21, is from Alabama, but was living with relatives in Georgia at the time she vanished.

kimpage, kelsie, str8nightowl and 7 others like this.
  17. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Sorry, no. The approval to discuss BM in the Morphew case was a rare exception.

18. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I would say that you are probably right about this.

19. oceanstarryeyes

That must be the Walmarts she was seen at.
    Walmart Supercenter
    301 S State Road 7, Hollywood, FL

There must be an Exit to Walmart on Hollywood Blvd.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  20. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Hollywood Police Department is listed as the contact authority on the Namus page and would be the agency responsible for updating the page. Most agencies don't update that often, in my experience, so I take it as "true at the time the page was created." The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Hollywood Police Department
    (954) 967-4411

Agency Case Number33-2007-107868
    sean keough, Detective
    --

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.