FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC her family knew she had the truck and one of them gave her gas money.
Yes, I saw that her uncle gave her money, according to her mom . I just thought I heard one of her family members saying they didn't know she had a truck, they thought she had a car. I'm thinking maybe it was her paternal grandmother that said that. I could be mistaken, though. Thank you for the response.

Hey everyone, please remember ...

Sleuthing of anyone who is not officially named a POI or suspect by LE is NOT allowed. Discussing what is said about them in MSM or what they themselves have said in MSM, or what is said by LE is allowed, but sleuthing them is NOT.

Members may sleuth to their heart's content in private but not post their findings on this public thread unless/until a POI/suspect is named by LE.

ETA: Also please remember it is WS policy to use initials for everyone other than victim and officially named perp.

Thanks.
Hi, SB. The FBI has posted a vehicle of interest and that vehicle belongs to a certain individual. In the absence of official POI designation, can we discuss that individual with initials only?

Hi, SB. The FBI has posted a vehicle of interest and that vehicle belongs to a certain individual. In the absence of official POI designation, can we discuss that individual with initials only?

Depends on how that vehicle of interest was matched up to an individual (i.e. was it by licence plate? or person just has a similar looking vehicle on social media?). Unless/until LE officially names a POI as the driver of that vehicle we can't be sure that the registered owner and the driver are one and the same person.

As in most threads, no sleuthing of non POI/suspects is allowed. Discussion/speculation on what the person has said in MSM or what has been said about them in MSM is okay, but actual sleuthing of them and their social media is not allowed.

Depends on how that vehicle of interest was matched up to an individual (i.e. was it by licence plate? or person just has a similar looking vehicle on social media?). Unless/until LE officially names a POI as the driver of that vehicle we can't be sure that the registered owner and the driver are one and the same person.

As in most threads, no sleuthing of non POI/suspects is allowed. Discussion/speculation on what the person has said in MSM or what has been said about them in MSM is okay, but actual sleuthing of them and their social media is not allowed.
Thanks for the clarification, SB. Will keep it private.:)

Each day that passes leads me to think she’s in real trouble - will she be found ? I’m very worried...
Imo
I think she is in real trouble because if she was able, she would have been searching for her child, or reporting him missing.

I do not believe she purposely left him on the street corner, unless she was told it was the only way to save him...:(

The article above posted by Ocean... says the FBI are looking for information of a Lexus Sedan ... Has a photo been released of the car in question? Or the colour etc??
Hope I haven't missed that info.... thanks
Every day I check to see if Leila has been found.....so sad for Kam...

Mystery: FBI releases new images of mother who vanished in Florida
snipped
MIRAMAR, Fla. – The FBI has released new pieces of information in the case of missing mom Leila Cavett and it has to do with the white truck that was found in Hollywood and surveillance of her seen at a gas station not too far away in a different car, News 6 partner WPLG-TV reported.

At the headquarters in Miramar, the FBI on Thursday showed images from surveillance video of the last few times Cavett was seen, which was three weeks ago.

Detectives confirmed that the 21-year-old mother and her 2-year-old son were alone when they drove from Georgia in a white pickup truck south to Florida on July 24 and 25.

“She arrived on July 25 and it appears she went missing on July 26, so its during that time that’s really critical for us,” said Georg Piro, FBI Miami Special Agent in Charge.

P5IFXOIAOZE75L5LH7PO5P6UCE.jpg

FBI releases new video of Leila Cavett before she vanished
Surveillance at the Race Trac on US 441 and Hollywood Boulevard shows Cavett getting into a Lexus sedan on July 26, the same day her son was found wandering alone in Miramar, barefoot and wearing only a diaper and a T-shirt.

The gas station is in the same plaza in Hollywood that the white pickup truck was found on Wednesday, July 29.

FBI Releases New Pictures Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett Before Her Disappearance In South Florida
During an afternoon news conference, FBI Miami Special Agent in Charge George Piro told reporters they are aggressively pursuing a large number of leads in efforts to find the missing mother.

Piro said she arrived in town on July 25, disappeared on July 26, and her white Silverado 3500 pickup truck was found in Hollywood on July 28. It was found in a Walmart parking lot at 441 and Hollywood Blvd right next to the RaceTrac gas station. Its “baby on board” sign still displayed in a passenger side window.

Piro said the FBI is compiling a list of people who may have come into contact with her while she was in South Florida.

Hi, I’m very behind, but saw the pictures released and noticed the dress seems “dressy”, not sure if mentioned, probably has been. She obviously changed out of her travel clothes.
FBI Releases New Pictures Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett Before Her Disappearance In South Florida

Like maybe she would be dropping Kamdyn off at a babysitter (apartments) then planning on going out?
It doesn’t look like going out clothes but maybe going to dinner with someone.

Hi, I’m very behind, but saw the pictures released and noticed the dress seems “dressy”, not sure if mentioned, probably has been. She obviously changed out of her travel clothes. Was she trying to look pretty for someone?

Leila-Cavett-Kamdyn-at-Race-Trac-Gas-Station.jpg

Photo of Leila and Kamdyn Cavett at Hollywood Race Trac gas station at 10:20 p.m. on July 25th (FBI)

I don't think the dress looks dressy. I think it looks comfortable.

The dress looks comfortable and is a simple classic design. It looks like it has shoulder pads (or pockets to insert shoulder pads) which would date it if it’s not an illusion from the video angle. If I were to do a deep dive on the dress, I’d speculate it’s a well-maintained gently used outfit that she acquired inexpensively, maybe through one of her resale gigs. MOO. Not overly dressy, but a step up from casual traveling or beach clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie