FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious as to which area the bloodhounds are searching, hope they are successful in finding LC soon.
A man has been arrested in the case of missing mom Leila Cavett
''The case has grown into a full-blown FBI investigation, with investigators examining surveillance footage and cellphone tower data to retrace her steps, in addition to police using bloodhounds for searches.''

The thought is unbearable x
I can’t imagine what all this baby is dealing with. According to grandma (on dr Phil ) LC was still nursing Cam which is why she never left him in anyone else’s care . So he’s also dealing with being suddenly weaned from what is often a huge comfort thing for toddlers. I’m sure that’s also causing the poor kid anxiety

SBM
''The case has grown into a full-blown FBI investigation, with investigators examining surveillance footage and cellphone tower data to retrace her steps, in addition to police using bloodhounds for searches.''
BBM

Whoa, it’s the first time I’ve faced the reality of what they may find. As a former reporter, I always dreaded this part. I like to remain hopefully until the end.

Last edited:
ITA. Its almost as if he was trying to convince (himself?) that she was dispensable.

Exactly! He immediately began casting Leila in a negative light. She was filthy. Her child was filthy and wet. She wore itty bitty shorts and an itty bitty top.

And then he goes on to demonstrate what a neglectful mother and liar she is.

Exactly! He immediately began casting Leila in a negative light. She was filthy. Her child was filthy and wet. She wore itty bitty shorts and an itty bitty top.

And then he goes on to demonstrate what a neglectful mother and liar she is.

rbbm - maybe a subconscious slip of the tongue - if it was his car that has been shown by LE with what appears to be LC - wasn't she wearing shorts and a top? * obviously she was wearing a top :rolleyes:

All MOO, because for whatever reason I still believe this SR guy is mostly innocent, because he seemed to really care about her when he was recounting how he took care of her. Although, this is just a 1 sided story. However, in that 50 minute video, to me, it seemed like he lied about the truck. Something about him telling that part of his story made me uncomfortable. Even if he did give her the cash for the truck, if I remember correctly, he said he moved it to the Walmart parking lot? IMO something about him moving it seemed off.

I had a different view. For me, almost instantly he was casting Leila in a negative light, as a scantily clad, lying, dirty, unhealthy person and super neglectful mother.

Talking about how much he did for her was a way to make himself the hero.

This is typical of abusers. “Look what a loser she was. Look how terrible she was. But now look over here and see how much I did for her!”

It’s a way to both make the victim unimportant and dispensable (as someone said above) and deserving of whatever she got and to make themselves out to be the good guy and thus eliminated as a possible perp.

IMO this person is a fraud and a con. They survive by making people believe them. So it’s not a surprise that some might believe he cared.

That being said, I recall the case of Natalie Bollinger. She had a stalker I found creepy who inserted himself in the case and posted tons of weird videos about the victim and himself. He seemed like a good bet for suspect to me.

But he wasn’t the perp.

I had a different view. For me, almost instantly he was casting Leila in a negative light, as a scantily clad, lying, dirty, unhealthy person and super neglectful mother.

Talking about how much he did for her was a way to make himself the hero.

This is typical of abusers. “Look what a loser she was. Look how terrible she was. But now look over here and see how much a did for her!”

It’s a way to both make the victim unimportant and dispensable (as someone said above) and deserving of whatever she got and to make themselves out to be the good guy and thus eliminated as a possible perp.

IMO this person is a fraud and a con. They survive by making people believe them. So it’s not a surprise that some might believe he cared.

That being said, I recall the case of Natalie Bollinger. She had a stalker I found creepy who inserted himself in the case and posted tons of weird videos about the victim and himself. He seemed like a good bet for suspect to me.

But he wasn’t the perp.
If you've ever been in a abusive relationship this is the type of behavior that you'd deal with. It's usually about the abusive partner making themselves feel somewhat better about themselves. There is always friends and relatives who will take sides, and not always the correct one sadly enough.

Interesting. I’m just getting into this case and have missed most of everything. So I don’t know!!!

I agree with your post - he did nothing but assassinate her character from the small amount of video I watched, it made me uncomfortable and totally convinced he has something to do with her continued disappearance, I really hope I am wrong, and am crossing all my fingers and toes that she will be found alive and soon - so little K has his Mam in his life, despite the potential bad choices she may have made, it does appear that she loved him, and love can make us make poor decisions as we see each day through one day at a time - particularly with a dependant. Sadly though, I don't think so. all moo

eta - when I say love, I mean love for a child in this context

@dotr As far as where they are searching, I wouldn’t know. However, in South Florida there are some obvious go-tos. The ocean wouldn’t work, it always reveals the truth and in 9 out of 10 cases spits out. The Everglades and its predators on the other hand, are ingurgitating. Forgive me for being so graphic. I pray it isn’t so.

@dotr As far as where they are searching, I wouldn’t know. However, in South Florida there are some obvious go-tos. The ocean wouldn’t work, it always reveals the truth and in 9 out of 10 cases spits out. The Everglades and its predators on the other hand, are ingurgitating. Forgive me for being so graphic. I pray it isn’t so.
Unless he has a boat or airboat, the spots he could have dumped her are all well visited and odds are people would find evidence a body was disposed of. Remember when that head was found out in one of the Alligator Alley recreation areas about 10 years ago? A boat or airboat would give access to isolated areas where a body would not be found.

BREAKING: Alleged ‘witch doctor’ arrested in case of missing mom, Leila Cavett, whose toddler was found wandering alone
The U.S. Marshals Service arrested a man on Sunday in connection with the disappearance of missing Georgia mother, Leila Cavett.

Al.com reports that 38-year-old Shannen Ryan, a self-proclaimed “witch doctor,” was detained in Florida and arrested for allegedly lying to the FBI about 21-year-old Leila Cavett, of Dawsonville, Georgia, who hasn’t been seen by family or friends since July 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow