FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Trinitee, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

If Kamdyns 2 years old she would have applied over 2 years ago when pregnant.

Marg from Oz, MsBetsy and dotr like this.

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

But it also says police said they have no reason to believe she left under suspicious circumstances. That's not what they've been saying all along, is it?

I looked and couldn't find any other sources, either.

trujac, Marg from Oz, misgrn and 9 others like this.
  3. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

I’m only seeing unapproved sources report on this. I’m frantically checking.

They are calling this a child abandonment case :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No confirmation on this

4. oceanstarryeyes

5. MsBetsy

That doesn't mean she did, though. Did she have a job? She could have been recieving money from someone else or living with others. Even though the child's father has not raised the child with her, they could have been together at that time.

6. oceanstarryeyes

She would have applied before Kamdyn was born so she would have already been on benefits and housing for over 2 years. Also free schooling and baby sitter.

Marg from Oz, byo, abr and 1 other person like this.
  7. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I did not see this coming!! I still can't believe she would just leave her son. Was she speaking under distress/captivity?? Is she having some sort of mental break? This is so weird!

trujac, Marg from Oz, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  8. insearchoflight

We need LE to release a statement, even if just a tweet.

9. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

What I still don't understand is 'if' she was using drugs and being irresponsible, why didn't her family secure the child? It would be very hard for me to see my grand baby being cared for by someone who wasn't capable of making good decisions at that time.

So are we certain about the drug usage? Or is it just rumour?

10. MsBetsy

She "could" have applied, but I haven't seen any indication that she lived in public housing and had free daycare and baby sitting. Healthcare and things like WIC and food stamps are available to those that qualify, but that doesn't mean she applied or had all of those things. Some mothers just get healthcare and WIC.

Either way, if she did have all those things and she really abandoned her child, she will lose all her benefits.

Jmo

11. insearchoflight

They had to confirm the child’s identity with DNA before he could be released to anyone.

We know she had a case regarding the use of crack cocaine in February.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article244579327.html

12. MsBetsy

All we know is that she had one drug charge. I haven't seen any indication that she had a drug problem or was undergoing treatment or anything else related to drugs.

Also I'm not sure how much her family saw her or was involved in her life.

Imo

13. Gatherer

Gatherer Well-Known Member

Breaking News!

“Cavett lives in Dawsonville in a residence on Goldmine Road, according to Dawson County Sheriff Jeff Johnson. The latest on the case is that Florida law enforcement agents have made contact with Cavett and have no reason to believe that she left under suspicious circumstances.” BBM

Search for missing Dawsonville woman continues after son found in parking lot

Time Stamp of Local Media: Aug 3, 2020, 3:43 p.m.

Edit: Sorry didn’t look before posting. @Inquisitive2018 beat me to it! Lol, Great work!

Note: Changed to local media. This source is a regional media company. Media companies, including Dawson County News, under new ownership

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  14. SunRae

SunRae Active Member

Miramar Police are now investigating it as a child abandonment case because Kamdyn was found alone in their jurisdiction; however, they have turned over the missing person (Leila) investigation to Hollywood PD, since that is where she seems to have been seen last.

15. cisabella28

cisabella28 Well-Known Member

Obviously I’m happy she’s safe, but it’s so frustrating that so many cases lately have just been someone running off and we’re wasting valuable resources and media attention on them....when they could’ve just told someone they planned on leaving and not wasted resources....MOO I’m just feeling frustrated

16. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Well-Known Member

Only one news source so far. If this is a mistake, it's a really terrible one.

Or is the article clear and we are just in shock?
    Though I prefer this outcome over a nefarious one. They have not said she is safe and located though.

17. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native - now residing in Jacksonville

And that one source hasn't even changed their headline.

Marg from Oz, misgrn, NoSI and 5 others like this.
  18. insearchoflight

And isn’t an approved source I don’t think :/

19. Tori1

Tori1 Active Member

Thank You

20. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

A bank Cashier's Check or a Money Order or a personal check can be traced to the issuing institution/place of business, and the name of the purchaser might be kept by the issuer (if the purchaser used a personal check if the issuer would accept a personal check; or the purchaser could be known by the issuer, or the issuer may ask purchaser's name/acct number/address), but of course cash cannot be traced. If he gave her cash, and she still had it, maybe a fingerprint could be lifted - ??? - (no idea if that is possible) but there could certainly be a lot of fingerprints on a bill.

Marg from Oz, NoSI and dotr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.