FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinitee

aka "BullyBuster"
Reaction score
Miramar police: Little boy found wandering still not identified
HGRPURKXJJCDJJ6HQ3F3KIR6W4.jpg

MIRAMAR, Fla. – Miramar police were alerted Sunday morning about a small boy found alone near the 1860 block of SW 68th Ave.

A woman who helped search for the boy’s parents, told Local 10 that a neighbor had seen the child wandering and had been asking around to see if anyone knew anything about him.

Miramar police: Little boy found wandering still not identified

Thread #1

upload_2020-8-2_10-59-26.jpeg

FL - Leila Cavett, 20 of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering), Miramar, 27 July 2020*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*

Last edited by a moderator:
Am reopening this thread as MSM is now available. Am also letting some earlier posts that were in violation stand due to information that has been released in MSM.

Remember: Do NOT post information from, or links to, family social media. Stick to MSM and information from LE.

Thread title has been edited and thread will be moved to Missing Persons Discussion.

ADMIN NOTE:

True Crime Society is not an approved source at Websleuths.

Also please remember that sleuthing of anyone other than a victim or an officially named POI/suspect is not allowed. In this case there is no officially named POI at this time.

There are so many TOS violations in this thread, it may not get cleaned up until WS staff pick themselves up off the floor and stop hyperventilating.

Folks, READ THE RULES !! .. some of which are:

Members may sleuth the victim and the victim's social media. Member can NOT sleuth people who are not an officially named POI or suspect in any case and post about it in this public discussion where the whole world can read what is said.

If you want to refer to a friend of the victim who has been in MSM, you may use initials and discuss what is said by them or about them in MSM but ...you may NOT sleuth the social media of that person or anyone other than the victim and/or an officially named perp and post about it on this public thread.

IF you wish to sleuth and discuss someone behind the scenes, you may do so in private conversations with other members where you can add up to 20 members to the discussion. Just don't bring any of that private discussion to the public thread.

Websleuths is fact based on what is in MSM and what is shared by LE. Do NOT bring social media rumors to Websleuths and do not refer to them.

Again, please read The Rules that you agreed to upon joining Websleuths (most importantly in this thread, the two sections entitled Etiquette & Information, and Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

The Rules are linked in my signature below.

I’ve been searching court records in Walker County, Alabama. What are the rules about those types of sources?

Sorry Gatherer, I'm haven't been through the entire thread yet so not sure this has been answered yet.

Public records are allowed as long as they are related to the victim and not to any other individual who is not a named POI or suspect.

In the earlier days of this thread, we added the info and it was deleted.

Not sure where the info was sourced, but if it was from Leila's social media, it is allowed. Posts/links to her social media may have been removed in the very early stages of this thread when she had not been officially announced as Kamdyn's mother and that she was missing.

Just thought I would let everyone know you might want to join, "Leila Cavett Missing Updates & Discussion Group". There is a lot of information they are throwing out there. A lot of hearsay though too so you have to weed it out. I have been a member for a few days now.

It is a private group.

Members can not bring any information from that group to this discussion at Websleuths.

It seems as though she was definitely seen “near” to the Walmart based on MSM reports, however, that doesn’t mean she was seen in line outside of the Walmart with a man and K, as per the (so far) unconfirmed report from a local which I can’t link here.

I don’t think it would be reported that “she” was seen if it was only her truck that was found, which leads me to believe that they obviously have video footage of her near the Walmart.

I think we can reasonably rule out that she’s in GA or AL, and that she definitely made that trip to FL. I only say this as some people are still questioning whether she ever made it to FL.

IMO, the following is key right now:

She took off in the middle of the night. We don’t know which night but I think we can safely assume that this was prior to Saturday. If she had taken off during the middle of Saturday night/early hours of Sunday, it would be impossible for K to have been found so early on Sunday considering it is a 10 hour drive (longer if you include rest or bathroom stops). Let’s say she left at midnight and made no stops, she wouldn’t have arrived until at least 10am Sunday. K was found at 8:20. This leads me to think she travelled Friday, or earlier.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.local10.com/news/local/2020/07/31/investigators-believe-missing-mom-left-georgia-abruptly-her-father-says/?outputType=amp

She had been, as a minimum, looking on dating sites, one of which enables women to receive payment for going on a date. Confirmation of this can be sought by viewing her FB marketplace listing for the headphones and then looking at the tabs she had open.

Her family suggest that she may have gone to meet someone in Florida “for the weekend” who she had been engaging with online, who had possibly sent her money. Family Believes Missing Mother Came to Florida to Meet Someone

At this point, I think it’s more than reasonable to come to the conclusion that she travelled to FL to meet a guy who she met online. This person has not come forward so IMO, they know what has happened to her or are responsible for it. What we don’t know is:

1) Was this a casual encounter or something romantic/more serious - i.e. was she going purely for financial reasons i.e. a paid for date/hookup, or was she hoping for a relationship with this person?

2) Why did she take K? All accounts suggest she is a great mother, so IMO it would have been irresponsible for her to have taken him to meet a stranger. If the perp wanted K to come along as part of the deal, why would K have then been abandoned?

3) Had the weekend been going well and things suddenly took a bad turn? Or did the perp pounce as soon as they met having had this planned all along?

Access to her phone, social media and dating site records are key right now. They will lead us to the perp.

JMO.

I think the strangest thing about this case is Leila traveling with a baby and no phone.
She would normally be traceable by her phone.
If she ever had service, her family could reinstate service by paying the bill. Then, the phone could be called. The crazy part is the family gave conflicting information. On the one hand they said she did not have service, and on the other hand, they said they called her phone. I don’t know if they mean thinking she was near WiFi.

I just saw that and thought the SAME. Wonder if it WAS someone she KNEW from Alabama that kidnapped her? This refuge I think was not very far from some places I believe she lived there in Alabama.

This person could have took K down to Florida and Leila back to her hometown Alabama?

But this body they could have found could be ANYBODY. I think I am trying to grasp at straws here.

She does have some legal matters pending, even a warrant possibly. But with all that’s going on, her family being here, social media exploding with information, local tv broadcasts, flyers being distributed locally, searches being conducted — wouldn’t she have called someone to say, “call all this off, I’m ok?”

Sounds logical -- especially since she has no idea where her little boy is and how he is doing. For all she knows he's just "out there somewhere," or worse.
That's a real downer. Tuff question, @Gatherer. SMH.

Art therapy-type approaches can be effective with children sometimes, imo, drawing pictures and coloring...he’s so little though...:(
Damm, this is just bad, bad, bad. This one is really getting to me.

The one consolation for me is that the little guy is alive and in a good-enuff place AFAWeK, and there are several people who seem to care a lot about him. Not all kids would have that benefit.

It seems as though she was definitely seen “near” to the Walmart based on MSM reports, however, that doesn’t mean she was seen in line outside of the Walmart with a man and K, as per the (so far) unconfirmed report from a local which I can’t link here.

I don’t think it would be reported that “she” was seen if it was only her truck that was found, which leads me to believe that they obviously have video footage of her near the Walmart.

I think we can reasonably rule out that she’s in GA or AL, and that she definitely made that trip to FL. I only say this as some people are still questioning whether she ever made it to FL.

IMO, the following is key right now:

She took off in the middle of the night. We don’t know which night but I think we can safely assume that this was prior to Saturday. If she had taken off during the middle of Saturday night/early hours of Sunday, it would be impossible for K to have been found so early on Sunday considering it is a 10 hour drive (longer if you include rest or bathroom stops). Let’s say she left at midnight and made no stops, she wouldn’t have arrived until at least 10am Sunday. K was found at 8:20. This leads me to think she travelled Friday, or earlier.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.local10.com/news/local/2020/07/31/investigators-believe-missing-mom-left-georgia-abruptly-her-father-says/?outputType=amp

She had been, as a minimum, looking on dating sites, one of which enables women to receive payment for going on a date. Confirmation of this can be sought by viewing her FB marketplace listing for the headphones and then looking at the tabs she had open.

Her family suggest that she may have gone to meet someone in Florida “for the weekend” who she had been engaging with online, who had possibly sent her money. Family Believes Missing Mother Came to Florida to Meet Someone

At this point, I think it’s more than reasonable to come to the conclusion that she travelled to FL to meet a guy who she met online. This person has not come forward so IMO, they know what has happened to her or are responsible for it. What we don’t know is:

1) Was this a casual encounter or something romantic/more serious - i.e. was she going purely for financial reasons i.e. a paid for date/hookup, or was she hoping for a relationship with this person?

2) Why did she take K? All accounts suggest she is a great mother, so IMO it would have been irresponsible for her to have taken him to meet a stranger. If the perp wanted K to come along as part of the deal, why would K have then been abandoned?

3) Had the weekend been going well and things suddenly took a bad turn? Or did the perp pounce as soon as they met having had this planned all along?

Access to her phone, social media and dating site records are key right now. They will lead us to the perp.

JMO.

I’m thinking along this same route but also with the question of the purpose of the trip. As far as K being with her, it doesn’t seem to me she had a lot of options by which to leave him. Maybe I’m wrong about that. Either way, it’s possible that if this was just a ruse to get her down there, whomever she was meeting up with said it was “totally fine” to bring him along knowing K could easily be dumped off somewhere. (That sounds terrible...because it is.)

I definitely don’t believe she abandoned this baby for one second. Just my $.02 !

I don't believe for one minute that Leila is hiding.

If she didn't want to be found for whatever reason and not want to call LE to say she's ok, I believe she would have called a relative about her son....whatever happened beforehand and for him to be on the street, even if she was somehow responsible (which I don't believe anyway)

She can't call imo

I think she was too old and too street smart for “grooming” especially with a baby.
I think she might have thought she had some kind of job opportunity in Fl from a guy she met on the internet.
Hmmm -- Very interesting thought, @oceanstarryeyes.
If he (whoever) told her something like, "Come on down, you can start tomorrow," or similar, then she would definitely bring Kamdyn with her. I guess we don't know anything about what else she took with her, i.e., clothing for both of them, and other necessary items for them settling down in a new job and location.
That would be a good ruse -- especially if they had been talking back and forth before, and she said that she would like to get a good job and leave her area. Then "he" could cook something up that might appeal to her. "What are your skills? I'm sure there is something at my business that you would enjoy and do a good job. I pay well if you're good at what you do," etc., etc.
Worrisome thoughts...

Hmmm -- Very interesting thought, @oceanstarryeyes.
If he (whoever) told her something like, "Come on down, you can start tomorrow," or similar, then she would definitely bring Kamdyn with her. I guess we don't know anything about what else she took with her, i.e., clothing for both of them, and other necessary items for them settling down in a new job and location.
That would be a good ruse -- especially if they had been talking back and forth before, and she said that she would like to get a good job and leave her area. Then "he" could cook something up that might appeal to her. "What are your skills? I'm sure there is something at my business that you would enjoy and do a good job. I pay well if you're good at what you do," etc., etc.
Worrisome thoughts...

All good points.

It's also possible that whatever brought her there wasn't a ruse--that she went there for a legitimate reason but things went badly after she got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44