FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that saying they’ve had contact with her in the past??

Or contact is in recent, after she was reported missing??

I’m finding no other media about this so I’m wondering if it’s poorly worded reporting.
But it also says police said they have no reason to believe she left under suspicious circumstances. That's not what they've been saying all along, is it?

I looked and couldn't find any other sources, either.

If Kamdyns 2 years old she would have applied when pregnant.
That doesn't mean she did, though. Did she have a job? She could have been recieving money from someone else or living with others. Even though the child's father has not raised the child with her, they could have been together at that time.

She would have to apply and be eligible for benefits first. Do we know how she supported herself? Does she live in public housing or does she have her own apartment?
She would have applied before Kamdyn was born so she would have already been on benefits and housing for over 2 years. Also free schooling and baby sitter.

What I still don't understand is 'if' she was using drugs and being irresponsible, why didn't her family secure the child? It would be very hard for me to see my grand baby being cared for by someone who wasn't capable of making good decisions at that time.

So are we certain about the drug usage? Or is it just rumour?

She would have applied before Kamdyn was born so she would have already been on benefits and housing for over 2 years. Also free schooling and baby sitter.
She "could" have applied, but I haven't seen any indication that she lived in public housing and had free daycare and baby sitting. Healthcare and things like WIC and food stamps are available to those that qualify, but that doesn't mean she applied or had all of those things. Some mothers just get healthcare and WIC.

Either way, if she did have all those things and she really abandoned her child, she will lose all her benefits.

Jmo

What I still don't understand is 'if' she was using drugs and being irresponsible, why didn't her family secure the child? It would be very hard for me to see my grand baby being cared for by someone who wasn't capable of making good decisions at that time.

They had to confirm the child’s identity with DNA before he could be released to anyone.

We know she had a case regarding the use of crack cocaine in February.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article244579327.html

All we know is that she had one drug charge. I haven't seen any indication that she had a drug problem or was undergoing treatment or anything else related to drugs.

Also I'm not sure how much her family saw her or was involved in her life.

Imo

Breaking News!

“Cavett lives in Dawsonville in a residence on Goldmine Road, according to Dawson County Sheriff Jeff Johnson. The latest on the case is that Florida law enforcement agents have made contact with Cavett and have no reason to believe that she left under suspicious circumstances.” BBM

Search for missing Dawsonville woman continues after son found in parking lot

Time Stamp of Local Media: Aug 3, 2020, 3:43 p.m.

Edit: Sorry didn’t look before posting. @Inquisitive2018 beat me to it! Lol, Great work!

Note: Changed to local media. This source is a regional media company. Media companies, including Dawson County News, under new ownership

Last edited:
I’m only seeing unapproved sources report on this. I’m frantically checking.

They are calling this a child abandonment case :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No confirmation on this
Miramar Police are now investigating it as a child abandonment case because Kamdyn was found alone in their jurisdiction; however, they have turned over the missing person (Leila) investigation to Hollywood PD, since that is where she seems to have been seen last.

Obviously I’m happy she’s safe, but it’s so frustrating that so many cases lately have just been someone running off and we’re wasting valuable resources and media attention on them....when they could’ve just told someone they planned on leaving and not wasted resources....MOO I’m just feeling frustrated

Can money be traced to the person that sent it?
A bank Cashier's Check or a Money Order or a personal check can be traced to the issuing institution/place of business, and the name of the purchaser might be kept by the issuer (if the purchaser used a personal check if the issuer would accept a personal check; or the purchaser could be known by the issuer, or the issuer may ask purchaser's name/acct number/address), but of course cash cannot be traced. If he gave her cash, and she still had it, maybe a fingerprint could be lifted - ??? - (no idea if that is possible) but there could certainly be a lot of fingerprints on a bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni