FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting

So possibly seen in company of a black make in Fort Lauderdale, then last seen in Hollywood as per LE, then little Kam found in Miramar. See attached map.

So if following this route, and continuing on, a lot of space there in the Big Cypress National Preserve.

Attachments

• 16767869-AD88-4CA7-80A1-683128329F94.png
    16767869-AD88-4CA7-80A1-683128329F94.png
    557 KB · Views: 121
  • CC5A1DDC-7E06-4770-A0A1-6B0A5003683C.jpeg
    CC5A1DDC-7E06-4770-A0A1-6B0A5003683C.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 100
Interesting

So possibly seen in company of a black make in Fort Lauderdale, then last seen in Hollywood as per LE, then little Kam found in Miramar. See attached map.

So if following this route, and continuing on, a lot of space there in the Big Cypress National Preserve.
Great work - I’ve added the maps to her media thread
thanks

Interesting

Mother had more information then what’s been shared.
Maybe she had been staying in Fort Lauderdale after moving from Dawsonville and Moms the only one that knew this. Hidden Puzzle Pieces.

Last edited:
Earlier, in the thread I mentioned the looking for a “needle in a haystack” aspect of a search being conducted in a population as large as Broward County’s 1.9 million. However, looking for Leila on the Fort Lauderdale Beach specifically could be a little easier.

The Everglades or Big Cypress National Preserve—as @insearchoflight noted above— is teaming with alligators and wildlife. The landmass is notoriously spoken of in local legends for its convenience in getting rid of bodies. :(

Catch a view of Everglades National Park/Everglades Holiday Park and Ft Lauderdale Beach in “real time” using this Earth Cam link. Fort Lauderdale Beach Cams | Live Web Cams of Surrounding Beaches There are 12 Earth Cams in all. Just click on the links below the photos. ;)

Last edited:
The 21-year-old was living at a friends’ place. Cavett had previously been staying in Dawsonville with her aunt Robin Jenkins until the two got into a “disagreement.”

The Dawson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to the newspaper that Cavett was in Dawsonville in February, “when a family member filed a report claiming that Cavett had been using crack cocaine at a residential home.”

She was also arrested in 2019 in Walker County on charges of drugs, according to Alabama court records obtained by the Herald. The newspaper claimed that it was unclear if the case had been settled.

Jasper’s Daily Mountain Eagle reported that Cavett skipped a February court date relating to two traffic tickets, resulting in the suspension of her license in March.

Although Lewis had not known about her sister’s charges, according to the Miami Herald, she believes that Cavett is in trouble.

“I am definitely thinking she is danger, just from how Kamdyn was found,” Lewis told the Herald.

Leila Cavett Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Has anyone seen anything that says where she was staying with a friend? Was it in Georgia or possibly could they have been in Florida somewhere? Also wondering if the apartments Kamdyn was found at are known for drug activity she could have possibly went there to buy if she recently relapsed. Of course all of this is MOO

I still don't think LC would have just left her son. No matter what.
I think something happened to her, possibly even accidentally. For instance, a drug overdose. Maybe while K was sleeping or something and the person with her (and K) panicked and dropped K off or just put him outside the complex.
Of course this could also be a case of foul play. But no harm was brought to the little guy so it makes me question that.
We just don't know yet.

I think something happened to her, possibly even accidentally. For instance, a drug overdose. Maybe while K was sleeping or something and the person with her (and K) panicked and dropped K off or just put him outside the complex.
Of course this could also be a case of foul play. But no harm was brought to the little guy so it makes me question that.
We just don't know yet.
Yes thought awhile back

Attachments

• D1E3006C-B0A9-4BAB-ADAF-A16EA75E755C.jpeg
    D1E3006C-B0A9-4BAB-ADAF-A16EA75E755C.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 124
Interesting that they haven't released the video yet but have indicated she was last seen with this person - (NAMUS link) - so do they not need help identifying him? That's what I am thinking - and wondering if they know a bit more than they have released - even to her family?

JMO
I've added your MSM updates to her media thread.

Interesting that they haven't released the video yet but have indicated she was last seen with this person - (NAMUS link) - so do they not need help identifying him? That's what I am thinking - and wondering if they know a bit more than they have released - even to her family?

JMO
I've added your MSM updates to her media thread.
Is this the "possibly" seen situation? If so it sounds as if they are not positive it's Cavet much less who the other person is. Also, unfortunately this looks to be a case of too many people getting into the mix of those seeking custody. I'd think even if Cavet turned up in 5 hours she would have a hard time getting custody of her child. Which might be a good thing. MOO.

Is this the "possibly" seen situation? If so it sounds as if they are not positive it's Cavet much less who the other person is. Also, unfortunately this looks to be a case of too many people getting into the mix of those seeking custody. I'd think even if Cavet turned up in 5 hours she would have a hard time getting custody of her child. Which might be a good thing. MOO.
I checked NAMUS again -
"but was possibly in the area of Ft. Lauderdale Beach before her disappearance in the company of a black male."
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

if it is true (FT Lauderdale Beach and it's not near the Walmart) then it's either a video sighting or a tip by a person? I still think the Walmart video where the vehicle was located is important and there is a reason it has not been released - like maybe she isn't even on it - wasn't driving, etc? JMO

We just don't know yet.

Lots of questions unanswered, but I've read of some high profile crimes where small children were left alive, especially if they were too young to be a witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam