FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the "possibly" seen situation? If so it sounds as if they are not positive it's Cavet much less who the other person is. Also, unfortunately this looks to be a case of too many people getting into the mix of those seeking custody. I'd think even if Cavet turned up in 5 hours she would have a hard time getting custody of her child. Which might be a good thing. MOO.
I think K will go to his bio dad, as long as he passes all the criteria for custody. The parents usually get first choice of where their child goes and the dad and sm want custody of him.
jmo

Is this the "possibly" seen situation? If so it sounds as if they are not positive it's Cavet much less who the other person is. Also, unfortunately this looks to be a case of too many people getting into the mix of those seeking custody. I'd think even if Cavet turned up in 5 hours she would have a hard time getting custody of her child. Which might be a good thing. MOO.
Yes, it sounds like it is not a confirmed sighting, just that she was "possibly" seen in that area. Do we know if it was a witness who claimed to see them or were they seen on surveillance cameras?

Interesting that they haven't released the video yet but have indicated she was last seen with this person - (NAMUS link) - so do they not need help identifying him? That's what I am thinking - and wondering if they know a bit more than they have released - even to her family?

JMO
I've added your MSM updates to her media thread.

I am not convinced that this is the same sighting as the rumored video(s).

I am thinking that a sighting at Ft. Lauderdale Beach Sunday morning might explain why Kam is described as having sand on him.

I still don't think LC would have just left her son. No matter what.
I think something happened to her, possibly even accidentally. For instance, a drug overdose. Maybe while K was sleeping or something and the person with her (and K) panicked and dropped K off or just put him outside the complex.
Of course this could also be a case of foul play. But no harm was brought to the little guy so it makes me question that.
We just don't know yet.
If someone left him there it seems they at least dropped him off in a place where he would be found.

The 21-year-old was living at a friends’ place. Cavett had previously been staying in Dawsonville with her aunt Robin Jenkins until the two got into a “disagreement.”

The Dawson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to the newspaper that Cavett was in Dawsonville in February, “when a family member filed a report claiming that Cavett had been using crack cocaine at a residential home.”

She was also arrested in 2019 in Walker County on charges of drugs, according to Alabama court records obtained by the Herald. The newspaper claimed that it was unclear if the case had been settled.

Jasper’s Daily Mountain Eagle reported that Cavett skipped a February court date relating to two traffic tickets, resulting in the suspension of her license in March.

Although Lewis had not known about her sister’s charges, according to the Miami Herald, she believes that Cavett is in trouble.

“I am definitely thinking she is danger, just from how Kamdyn was found,” Lewis told the Herald.

Leila Cavett Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
I keep correcting this, Robin Jenkins is her maternal grandmother. Not aunt.

It's odd they haven't provided a more precise location of this possible sighting IMO. hmmm
thanks @carbuff - i'ts been a long time since I've been down that way.

We were there just last February, last thing before the virus shutdown.

There are quite a few public restrooms along the beach, and if you take Sunrise Blvd exit from I95, you're right at one of them. I was thinking maybe they got off the highway, stopped to use the bathrooms and let Kam run a bit, and then continued on to wherever they were going.

If it's an in-person sighting, the witness might not remember precisely. Or maybe just so they can rule out mistaken identifications.

I am not convinced that this is the same sighting as the rumored video(s).

I am thinking that a sighting at Ft. Lauderdale Beach Sunday morning might explain why Kam is described as having sand on him.
It also might explain why he was in just a diaper and barefoot. I wonder if there was sand found in his diaper.

It also might explain why he was in just a diaper and barefoot. I wonder if there was sand found in his diaper.
Since he was only wearing a diaper, I wonder if he had been sleeping in one of the apartments and woke up alone and went out by himself. If a door was unlocked he probably could have opened it on his own.

Did police search the apartments and question the residents? I haven't read that they did but I would think that would be one of the first things they would want to do.

Since he was only wearing a diaper, I wonder if he had been sleeping in one of the apartments and woke up alone and went out by himself. If a door was unlocked he probably could have opened it on his own.

Did police search the apartments and question the residents? I haven't read that they did but I would think that would be one of the first things they would want to do.
I have heard that they did but don't have verification. But one would think it would be logical to do so.

Or as a minimum, requested information of the names and details of all tenants of the apt building via the management office, to determine any links to LC or any questionable backgrounds etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong