FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it meant that the Mother was aware Leila was going to Florida so she didn’t leave “abruptly in the night” as was quoted by a reporter from Dad that lives in Ohio.
I thought no one in the family knew she was planning on going anywhere or that she had traveled to Florida at all. As far as I know, that has never been disputed. They corrected the article to say that police had made contact with Leila's mother, but didn't mention that she knew where she had gone.

LC looks younger than 21.
More like a teen.
Hoping she didn't run off to meet someone from the internet--- but it seems possible.
I'm guessing LE have been combing through her social media.
Glad the little one was found.
It seems unlikely that she'd just abandon him !
So did someone grab her, leave in a vehicle, and leave Kamdyn out wandering ? :(

I have a lot of reading and catching up to do --so sorry if this has all been previously addressed.

Just jumping in here. Could she have arrived after a long drive, passed out, Kamdyn somehow exits from the place they are staying, when she awakes he’s gone but after realizing there is a search for her, news breaks, etc; she panicked and just didn’t come forward for fear she’d be charged with endangerment or ?

Just jumping in here. Could she have arrived after a long drive, passed out, Kamdyn somehow exits from the place they are staying, when she awakes he’s gone but after realizing there is a search for her, news breaks, etc; she panicked and just didn’t come forward for fear she’d be charged with endangerment or ?
yes thought that earlier but after reading the Facebook Leila Cavett missing discussion its changed my mind hope it's wrong

Which family member would Kamdyn be most familiar with?

His bio dad DW
name on birth certificate LA?
His maternal grandparents?
Leila’s grandmother?
His aunt’s?

It appears Leila has moved frequently, so it’s difficult to guess how much time Kamdyn spent with his relatives or how comfortable he was around them.
JMO

Which family member would Kamdyn be most familiar with?

His bio dad DW
name on birth certificate LA?
His maternal grandparents?
Leila’s grandmother?
His aunt’s?

It appears Leila has moved frequently, so it’s difficult to guess how much time Kamdyn spent with his relatives or how comfortable he was around them.
JMO
It seems like bio dad did visit him, not sure how frequently though. He was also sending Leila some money for the baby and she was sending him pictures/videos of Kamdyn, so he seems involved and interested in the baby.

With Leila's FB being taken down today or last night and also the police never released a description of the man she was seen with other than he was black yet we know that there are tons of video cameras at all Walmarts - LE should have video of him in the parking lot at the very least. I think that her FB contained evidence and that is why it was taken down - to preserve evidence and I think LE knows exactly who she traveled to Florida to see. Otherwise, they would have released a sketch or more of a description.

LC looks younger than 21.
More like a teen.
Hoping she didn't run off to meet someone from the internet--- but it seems possible.
I'm guessing LE have been combing through her social media.
Glad the little one was found.
It seems unlikely that she'd just abandon him !
So did someone grab her, leave in a vehicle, and leave Kamdyn out wandering ? :(

I have a lot of reading and catching up to do --so sorry if this has all been previously addressed.
Great to see you here for Leila - quick catch up on her media thread
FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering), Miramar, 27 Jul 2020 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*

With Leila's FB being taken down today or last night and also the police never released a description of the man she was seen with other than he was black yet we know that there are tons of video cameras at all Walmarts - LE should have video of him in the parking lot at the very least. I think that her FB contained evidence and that is why it was taken down - to preserve evidence and I think LE knows exactly who she traveled to Florida to see. Otherwise, they would have released a sketch or more of a description.
Yes I cannot think why they wouldn’t have released the Walmart video where her truck was found unless they know who he is and is involved
IMO

Should we even TRUST Dawson County News? They already accidentally posted saying she was found and that was INCORRECT? They had to retract their statement.

Sad too if this IS trafficking and authorities KNOW and they posted in error. That could have gotten Leila in DEEP trouble (could have gotten her killed).
The Sheriff retracted his statement, the reporter and paper did not make the error. The Sheriff did.

There is a difference between visiting and taking care of him full time but he does show at least recently he has been there for him. Also what about his partner? are they safe for Kam.to be around? MOO.
I agree. But I think it's hard or even impossible to take care of a child "full time" when it's a co-parenting situation. He seems present to some degree, but who knows. Some "parents" won't even bother to help with a little bit of money, let alone visit a child sometimes. It appears that there was effort from both sides for Kamdyn to have a connection with his father, Leila was taking the time to send pictures/videos of the baby to him.
I have no way to know if his partner would be safe or good for the baby. I also have no idea if the bio dad would be those things either, I'm just saying that he does seem interested and somewhat present. All I want is for this little boy to be loved and cared for, as long as he's safe then I don't care who gets custody.

That pic of the boy and his dad is very sweet. If he and his partner can go from little/no custody to all of it? Good for them for taking that on, bc that can be a wildly rough transition. Life is wild, and him wanting custody tells me he is stepping up and doing the right thing. At least he can be with his Dad.

Yes I cannot think why they wouldn’t have released the Walmart video where her truck was found unless they know who he is and is involved
IMO
Do they have a video of her at Walmart? If it's in the parking lot maybe it's not clear or doesn't show her face and that's why they didn't release it? Idk.

I think they haven’t released anything because they don’t need help. I think they’ve identified the man she was seen with and I think this man is the same man she was Facebook messaging with and they are carefully building a case for his arrest. Moo

Missing Georgia woman: FBI now helping in the search for the woman whose toddler was found alone in a Florida parking lot - CNN
Updated 9:05 PM ET, Thu August 6, 2020

200806162442-leila-cavett-missing-georgia-woman-florida-toddler-medium-plus-169.jpg

Leila Cavett was last seen July 25, according to an attorney for the family.

“Leila Cavett, 21, of Dawsonville, was last seen July 25 in a Walmart parking lot in Hollywood, Florida, with a man, according to Javaron Buckley, an attorney hired by Cavett's family.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1