FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Trinitee, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Well-Known Member

Well she may not have travelled for drugs but it doesn't mean she did not end up using. Moo.

Also I feel some of the stuff being shared by family members and Kam's father seems kind of unnecessary. Random hookup, kicked out for crack cocaine etc.

Just say she made some bad decisions and leave it like that.

2. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

True, one day that beautiful little boy will read all this :(

3. Zozal1986

Zozal1986 Active Member

I don't think that it's fair to claim that Leila is an addict. To my knowledge, there is only one prior on her record relating to drugs. A problematic addiction tends to throw up many convinctions and run ins with law enforcement. We also do not know whether or how that case was/or whether it has been settled. I do not believe that her disapearance is relating to that at all!

I personally believe, that perhaps she met a person online. Young single Mom, it's not easy to meet people. I'm sure it can be very lonely. You are more susceptible to falling foul of an online predator that acts like Prince Charming. That could also explain why she didn't tell anyone where she was going. People are normally very negative and sceptical of meeting people you meet online.

All accounts claim that Leila was a very good Mother. I do not believe for one minute that she was laying in a motel room, high on drugs - and Kamdyn just wandered out by himself. He is clearly a confident, healthy and well adjusted little boy. That doesn't happen by fluke.

Obviously, this is all just MOO.

4. BayouGirl2

BayouGirl2 Well-Known Member

That’s what I would like to know. It would seem that the legal father listed on the birth certificate would be the one who could legally take custody as opposed to the actual biological father. I only know Louisiana law for which the biological father would have to file a paternity action with the court to be filiated with the child legally. The guy listed on the birth certificate would be considered the legal father and next of kin, then if not him, then her family could seek custody. Just my thoughts.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  5. Gatherer

Gatherer Well-Known Member

Reporter may have Jenkins incorrectly listed as aunt SHB grandmother.

6. Luwin

Luwin Active Member

I wonder if she knowingly named the incorrect person on the birth certificate? Surely that's illegal no?

Marg from Oz likes this.
  7. Gatherer

Gatherer Well-Known Member

Anna Nicole Smith did it with DannieLynn. Howard Stern listed on BC in Bahamas. After Anna’s death, Larry Birkhead had to take DNA test and was given custody even though Anna’s mother, Virgie Mae Hogan, was also fighting for custody.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  8. Acorunadepor

Acorunadepor ''There is fire where you are going."

Agreed, just gas money alone could dimminish that. If the drug need is that high I can't see her drive 10 hours plus spending all that money. Usually they want drugs immediately not 12-15 hours later.

Sugar-daddy who turns out to be a catfish, could be possible. A drug courier job? I don't know about that, it means she met someone in Dawsonville who hooked her up with what a somebody operating in Miami? If that was the case, at least drop your kid off at a friend's house.

Bringing Kamdyn with her seems like IMO she was looking for something permanent in the Miami area.

9. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Well-Known Member

Good speculation but I think that's a pretty long way for a woman to go just to meet some guy online and to take your son with you? Online dating isn't that taboo that she couldn't tell one close friend.

I dunno, maybe a woman is involved, maybe they were watching Kam. Moo

10. Zozal1986

Zozal1986 Active Member

It depends on the relationship that you have with your family, and how receptive they are. And if she's a private person, she might not feel the need to tell anyone.

Also, it is a long way, but it's also a very long way to go to score drugs, when you could easily do that in Atlanta.

I know people that have travelled from one country to another to meet people they met online.

11. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Perhaps she was delivering something that was going to pay her pretty good money upon delivery.
    Just a thought.

12. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

It would have to be something or someone too good to turn down to entice her to bring her son that far during a pandemic.

To pay for gas for that truck if money was that tight - there was a big incentive to go to that part of Florida. And why not keep the car (the Corolla) she was trying to sell with better gas mileage versus that big truck?

I’m thinking she knows someone that lives in that area or was traveling with someone she met. JMO

13. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture Well-Known Member

The surveillance videos from the apartment complex would be super interesting.

I know her truck was found in Hollywood FL but anyone know where specifically?

14. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

The quoted article on the previous page states

On Wednesday evening, the Hollywood police announced that Cavett’s white truck had been found in its jurisdiction. Cavett was not in the truck but there may have been a possible sighting of her near Hollywood Boulevard and US Route 441. Authorities have not confirmed when she was possibly seen.

There may be more info...???

15. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Was the truck hers in title or just the truck she was last seen driving?

16. Annadee03

Annadee03 Active Member

WALKER COUNTY. Typo on my part. Apologies. Her family lives in Walker County, AL

17. Annadee03

Annadee03 Active Member

a Walmart in Hollywood, FL

18. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Walmart has excellent surveillance so I’m expecting them to know who exited that truck very soon
    IMO

19. rhino

rhino Member

It doesn’t make me angry, just because they are related doesn’t mean they automatically become the correct guardians for the wee lad. How many cases here on WS relate to mistreatment of children by family members? How many of those relate to children who are in kinship care? I have not looked on social media so don’t know how strong the existing relationships between Kamdyn and his extended family are, but they will be allowed access until decisions are made.

This little lad can’t be allowed to end up anywhere but in the best long term situation for him. Social services (Child Protection Services in the US?) are often lambasted on this site for not following protocol, in this sad and worrying case it is essential that they do IMO.

20. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Police search for mom of toddler found wandering alone

''Police said the 21-year-old Leila Cavett was last seen in Hollywood and they believe she's in danger.''

"I think she been snatched up off the streets. She would have never left her baby, never," said Carol Ferdinand, Cavett's grandmother, who traveled from Nashville, Tennessee. "She's my granddaughter, I know her, should we never have left Kamdyn; that's not her character."

''Lewis added it's out of character for her sister to be without her son.''

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.