FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Trinitee, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. str8nightowl

str8nightowl Well-Known Member

2. Hannah3105

Hannah3105 Well-Known Member

Possible reason for visiting FL...

Link to one of her items for sale on marketplace, look at the tabs open at the top (particularly the second).

Limited Edition Rose Gold Headphones

TimesEight, Flurries, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  3. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

Why exactly is that listed in Columbus, Ohio?

4. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Yeah....I find that whole concept kind of demeaning myself......for both parties.

5. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

It is a private group.

Members can not bring any information from that group to this discussion at Websleuths.

borndem, misgrn, dyannaON and 12 others like this.
  6. Hannah3105

Hannah3105 Well-Known Member

It has been suggested that she was there visiting/staying with a relative. Not MSM confirmed.

7. andalso

Poor Leila had no stability at all and a child to raise. She must not have felt she had too many options and she had a mouth to feed. Poor girl....desperate times, desperate measures. I feel for her.

Kismet7, TimesEight, borndem and 11 others like this.
  8. Sillybilly

The tab to the dating site is interesting but it seems the Ohio post for the headphones was from 32 weeks ago , so not sure it would have any bearing on her recent disappearance.

9. Sillybilly

From Better Business Bureau (NY) complaints / posts

Mate1 will provide you with uninterrupted, unlimited access to your account until you cancel your subscription. When your three day trial ends, if you haven't cancelled, you will be seamlessly upgraded into a monthly membership for $49.95 a month.

Very interesting comments about the site.

I wonder if LE will check any of her credit cards to see if she was or is still a member:

10. andalso

Perhaps shows a pattern of instability in her life, which I am becoming more aware of as time goes on here.

Also @sillybilly be sure you notice she has a 2nd tab open too. I'll let you post about that one also!;)

11. str8nightowl

I didn't mean bringing anything from that group here. Just a good group to join to get more information purposes. MOST of that site is hearsay anyway.

Do not bring information from THAT group here and vice versa NOTHING from this group needs to be shared in THAT group either.

That should honestly be common knowledge with any of these groups.

12. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

re: Ohio.....was particular info about that supplied through MSM? I can't remember.

Marg from Oz, dotr and Fireflize like this.
  13. Sillybilly

Not that you planned to be naughty str8nightowl ;) ... just that we jump of some info to remind or warn members in case they get carried away. We know how this can go. All is well :)

14. SunRae

SunRae Active Member

My heart broke listening to her grandmother. Here is what I said in one of the groups, and I feel it is appropriate to say here also:
    I hurt so much for this family. Their lives are being played out and scrutinized during a heart-breaking situation... and a lot of the things they are being called out for are the same issues facing a number of families today. Not only does it sometimes come across as a for of victim blaming, but also blaming the victim’s family.
    The thing is, none of us know the whole story, and we likely never will. It’s possible the family never will either. I can assure you there is a lot of self-questioning about what they could have/or should have done to keep this from happening. Yes, looking into her background is necessary in finding her. The thread needs to be found and followed. But it should be done with sensitivity and without judgement, or assumptions.
    There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Luwin, borndem, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  15. str8nightowl

Oh okay. Yes especially with new members it is good to remind EVERYONE that we should keep EVERYTHING (in each group) private. Plus not rely too much on hearsay.

Laughing, borndem, Weeobanite and 5 others like this.
  16. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

The trouble is when you're engrossed in a case, like this, you read all you can about it, and if you are reading from a lot of different sources, after awhile you may not remember you got that information from that other group.

17. Gatherer

Gatherer Well-Known Member

As The Miami Herald reported, Leila has some legal entanglements both civil and criminal she’ll be facing. Could this be a reason to leave town?

Attached Files:

TimesEight, Laughing, borndem and 5 others like this.
  18. str8nightowl

I invited Cara Cavett to this group. Not sure if she will join. She is Leila's stepmom. I figured it would be fine since she is an insider. Please let me know if I was WRONG in inviting her. Thanks.

TimesEight, Laughing, Beagle and 6 others like this.
  19. str8nightowl

I didn't think about that. I am really good at remembering though which group I got WHAT from. Actually I personally don't do much posting in ANY groups to begin with. Makes it easier FOR ME to keep track and not get groups (and what is posted) mixed up. But you are SO RIGHT!!

But it is probably best to keep it to ONE group in situations like this. If I were to choose it would be Websleuths. Almost similar to when you are in a court case testifying. You don't want to know TOO much information (from too many sources). It can cause too much confusion and cause you to lose focus on the actual FACTS.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  20. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

On another case here, I nearly posted what I thought was new information.
    I only realised in time that it wasn't new and that someone had posted it here but years ago. This was a cold case.
    I like to think I have a good memory and it wouldn't have been the end of the world to post it again I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.