FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What day was the “thumbs up text” to Grandma if it was confirmed?
Grandma could have wired money to Leila at Walmarts and the “thumbs up” could have meant “I got the money”
Grandma Private messaged her on FB and asked her to come get her mail, according to the sisters. They said it during a press briefing the day they arrived in Florida. Leila doesn’t have phone service, according to family and can only use her phone with public WiFi.

Last edited:
As a play therapist, it can be really tricky to get children to share any details - and even when they do you are never sure whether they are just chatting from prior experiences. The police noted that he didn't really speak, and mainly made noises and vocalisations. The lady that found him demonstrated the point, and it was literally in every direction.

Art therapy-type approaches can be effective with children sometimes, imo, drawing pictures and coloring...he’s so little though...:(

Grandma Private messaged her on FB and asked her to come get her mail, according to the sisters. They said it during a press briefing the day they arrived in Florida.
I'm assuming Grandma lives in Georgia or Alabama?
So a thumbs up in a way doesn't really make sense since Leila was in Florida. I'd think IF it was Leila responding, she would text that she would do so in a couple of days or, later I'm out of the area, or some such thing.
I lean to Leila not having sent the thumbs up (or was forced to), also given that it was sent the same day Kam was found early in the morning.

I think that many folks here at WS are familiar with *rules* to interview toddlers. I have no link, but iirc they never want to do more than 3, and ONLY with experts each time. It's very important with toddlers to not have any questions create impressions which they cannot differ. iirc.

@margarita25 may give insight, as I think long ago she share such with us?
This possibly screams at predatory luring and grooming, lured out in the night: Nicole Lovell, Savannah...

I wonder if she was asked to do thi

Art therapy-type approaches can be effective with children sometimes, imo, drawing pictures and coloring...he’s so little though...:(

Yes, I'm a PT in UK :) I work for Social Services, they manage Adult and Children's services. Like a broadspectrum CPS.

I really do hope that they find something substantial soon.

What day was the “thumbs up text” to Grandma if it was confirmed?
Grandma could have wired money to Leila at Walmarts and the “thumbs up” could have meant “I got the money”
Grandma Private messaged her on FB and asked her to come get her mail, according to the sisters. They said it during a press briefing the day they arrived in Florida.
I would think LE could easily ping her phone from the thumbs up message to grandma.
Family said she doesn’t have phone service and can only use her phone with public WiFi. I wish we knew the exact time of the “thumbs up,” she would have had to be near Internet service of some kind, public or private.

Last edited:
So a thumbs up in a way doesn't really make sense since Leila was in Florida. I'd think IF it was Leila responding, she would text that she would do so in a couple of days or, later I'm out of the area, or some such thing.
I lean to Leila not having sent the thumbs up (or was forced to), also given that it was sent the same day Kam was found early in the morning.
Apparently she didn't tell anyone else about going to Florida, so that doesn't really mean a lot. In addition, Grandma seems to put a lot out there on Facebook, so not suprising that Leila would not give details to her.

From a quick google search and a sun-sentinel article that I can't read from 2014 (paywall anyone?) it seems there are a lot of CCTV cameras in the Hollywood Florida area! I hope these are as good as the ones In Hartford, CT that aided in the Jennifer Dulos case!

Also, from this pdf in 2018 http://www.hollywoodfl.org/DocumentCenter/View/12746/2018-Accomplishments-web?bidId=
  • Completed Phase 2 of the CCTV Program which provides coverage for the Downtown area.

Grandma Private messaged her on FB and asked her to come get her mail, according to the sisters. They said it during a press briefing the day they arrived in Florida. Leila doesn’t have phone service, according to family and can only use her phone with public WiFi.
If this is true about Leila not having phone service, I wonder if she couldn't have sent the thumbs up some time earlier. For instance, say she'd been connected to wifi on Saturday and the last thing she did before leaving that wifi coverage area was try to send that thumbs up message - but she lost the wifi signal before it was sent. So then the message was actually sent the next time the phone happened to connect to a wifi signal.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm a PT in UK :) I work for Social Services, they manage Adult and Children's services. Like a broadspectrum CPS.

I really do hope that they find something substantial soon.
I think she was too old and too street smart for “grooming” especially with a baby.
I think she might have thought she had some kind of job opportunity in Fl from a guy she met on the internet.

I think she was too old and too street smart for “grooming” especially with a baby.
I think she might have thought she had some kind of job opportunity in Fl from a guy she met on the internet.
I don't think she's too old or too street smart. She clearly needed money, we become vulnerable when going through financial troubles.

But LE says she was last seen near the Walmart in Florida. I’m assuming it’s her car on a surveillance camera but we don’t know. If it was her car and they couldn’t see her, they’d say her car was last seen. But they said she was last seen in Hollywood.

Can you give me a pointer to where LE said that she was physically seen at the Walmart where her truck was found? The articles I've seen say she was last seen driving the truck (don't specify where) and that the truck was recovered, but don't say that the two events happened together.

Maybe I'm being too nitpicky about the precise wording. And I might easily have missed something.
Thanks.

Can you give me a pointer to where LE said that she was physically seen at the Walmart where her truck was found? The articles I've seen say she was last seen driving the truck (don't specify where) and that the truck was recovered, but don't say that the two events happened together.

Maybe I'm being too nitpicky about the precise wording. And I might easily have missed something.
Thanks.
I still don't know were we stand regarding this Walmart issue. Some people say that LE confirmed that she was seen at Walmart, some people say that was not confirmed. So, can someone please help clear that out? Just so we can put that Walmart issue to rest.

I don't think so. Plenty of grown women are subject to romantic or other type of relationship scams.

Job opportunity, yes. Small town Alabama “street smart” at 21 YO, would not prepare her for the savy & cunning sharks and barracudas of Miami/Ft Laud/Hollywood.

Last edited:

Hmmm,Why respond at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members