FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
6:12 pm.
Possible Break In The Case Of Wandering Toddler In Miramar
''MIAMI (CBSMiami) – There is a possible break in the case of a toddler found wandering all alone, wearing only a T-shirt and diaper, outside of a Miramar apartment complex on Sunday.

Miramar Police say they are checking on a tip regarding the playful little boy, who appears to be two or three years old, found Sunday standing by himself near busy SW 68 Avenue and 18 Street.

A post on Facebook says the child’s mom has been missing and her family believes the child is hers. The family has been in contact with Miramar Police, who confirms they are working the lead and have not been able to rule it out. Other leads, they say, have not been credible.

According to social media, the apparent mother lives out of state and family and friends say they aren’t sure why she was in South Florida. She has no family or friends here, they say.''

?:
What do you mean?

A:
6:12 pm.
Possible Break In The Case Of Wandering Toddler In Miramar
''MIAMI (CBSMiami) – There is a possible break in the case of a toddler found wandering all alone, wearing only a T-shirt and diaper, outside of a Miramar apartment complex on Sunday.

Miramar Police say they are checking on a tip regarding the playful little boy, who appears to be two or three years old, found Sunday standing by himself near busy SW 68 Avenue and 18 Street.

A post on Facebook says the child’s mom has been missing and her family believes the child is hers. The family has been in contact with Miramar Police, who confirms they are working the lead and have not been able to rule it out. Other leads, they say, have not been credible.

According to social media, the apparent mother lives out of state and family and friends say they aren’t sure why she was in South Florida. She has no family or friends here, they say.''

“According to social media, the apparent mother lives out of state and family and friends say they aren’t sure why she was in South Florida. She has no family or friends here, they say.''”

o/t For a moment there i did think it might be related until i saw this update..
UPDATE: Victim identified in suspected kidnapping turned homicide across Columbus, Russell County | WRBL
''RUSSELL COUNTY, Ala. (WRBL) – Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor confirmed that the victim of a suspected kidnapping has died, after an early morning investigation began on July 27. Her name was Tameka Skinner.''

UPDATE RE CHILD.. rbbm
Woman claims child found wandering Miramar is nephew, police have not confirmed
''However, Gina Lewis, an Alabama woman, tells 7News the child is her nephew, Kamdyn, and is her sister’s 2-year-old son.

“That is my nephew 100 percent,” Lewis said.''
''Lewis said she is relieved the boy is safe, but now she is worried about her sister, 21-year-old Leila Cavett, who had been living in Georgia.

“Only the worst things possible are going through my mind because I know my sister, and she might do some crazy things sometimes, but she would never leave Kamdyn. She would never leave him,” Lewis said.

Lewis said she learned about the incident through social media. She said she is in contact with police and is hoping someone can help her find her sister.

“It would mean everything to find her and know that she’s safe because this is just out of character,” Lewis said.

Miramar Police have not confirmed the child’s identity. However, the Walker County Sheriff’s Office in Georgia is asking for information on Leila Cavett. If you have any information, call the Walker County Sheriff’s Office at (205) 302-6464''

I am pretty sure that we can Sleuth the mom now but not 100%

Walker County Sheriff's Office
1h ·
If anyone has seen or heard from Leila Cavett, please call the Walker County Sheriff’s Office at (205) 302-6464, or the Mirimar, Florida Police Department at (954) 602-4000.
Hoping/assuming this link is fine to post?
National Center For Missing and Endangered, Inc.
''URGENT LOCATE NEEDED WHERE IS LEILA CAVETT? Help us locate her. -Her young toddler son was found wandering around in Miramar Florida alone. If anyone has seen or heard from Leila Cavett, please call the Walker County Sheriff’s Office at (205) 302-6464, or the Miramar, Florida Police Department at (954)''

See All

1h ·
If anyone has seen or heard from Leila Cavett, please call the Walker County Sheriff’s Office at (205) 302-6464, or the Mirimar, Florida Police Department at (954) 602-4000.

Do you guys want me to start a separate thread? I can...just wondering if you want to keep everything “all in one”.

Mirimar police officially announce they are looking for Leila:

Miramar Police Department (Official)
13m ·
Update: Detectives are actively searching for Leila Cavett (pictured adult), who may be the mother of the child found yesterday. We are concerned for her safety and well-being. She was last seen driving a white Chevy 3500 (mid-to-late 90s model), with a maroon or red tailgate and a “Baby on Board” sign on the passenger window. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to contact the Miramar Police Department at (954) 602-4000 (press 0 for communications). #MiramarPD #PleaseShare

Miramar Police Department (Official)

1h ·
This showed up on my feed too, she is listed as missing.. probably should get her own thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck