FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I think it's safe to assume that she was actively looking for someone to financially support her. She was probably going through very rough times when it comes to money, which would make her specially vulnerable to predators manipulating her into believing they could help her financially and lure her into a very unsafe situation. I believe this is what happened.
Agreed, which explains her multiple trips to Walmart. They have Western Unions at every location, and a location in every city.

"At this time, the Hollywood Police Department has initiated a missing person investigation and continues their efforts to locate Leila Cavett," Officer Christian Lata, the public information officer with Hollywood Police Department, said in a statement.

Cavett's grandmother traveled from Tennessee and told the station she's concerned her granddaughter has been kidnapped.

"She would've never left her baby, never," Carol Ferdinand said. "That's my granddaughter, I know her."
Missing mom's vehicle recovered after her toddler found abandoned

Any scenario where this young lady is still alive? Why wouldn't she come forward if she could? Why would this man keep holding her if she is alive?

Hoping today is the day Leila is reunited with little Kam.

I hope so too, although I doubt CPS will hand him over to her until an investigation to the circumstances of why he was all atone.

Correct. JF was a friend of hers from Atlanta. He has the exact same truck in his cover picture hooked up to a boat. I think she borrowed his truck to go meet whomever she was talking to on fb marketplace. She had sold her car and was trying to make some money selling items. She probably thought she was going to buy or sell items and come right back. Idk. Just a theory. Definitely not the first case of a Craigslist type of transaction gone wrong. I know it was marketplace just making a comparison

So, if she borrowed the truck from her friend, then maybe she told him the nature of and some details re: her intended trip.

I don't think she contacted him via a sugar-daday-esq site. Because those people are as discrete as you can be. I see a lot of post talking about the dangers, but those sugar-daddies cannot afford any trouble whatsoever. They usually have wives, and/or a well paid job. They want absolute discretion, and certainly not a bad review.

Its usually the guys on the fringes that can be vague and unpredictable. She posted several things on fb for sale so anyone could have seen that and contacted her IMO.

That’s not completely true. I feel comfortable sharing this because this site is anonymous and I trust you guys but I have some experience on one of these sites. It was a couple years ago when I was younger and more naive and thought it would be fun. I stupidly agreed to go with a man a barely knew to Florida from where my college is. He drove there and I could’ve easily been sold or kidnapped. Thankfully I’m safe and he turned out to be ok but that’s not the point. It makes me wonder if Leila even was the one who drove down there. I also have no experience with the sites found on her FB page but the one I used had a mix of normal people and some pretty sketchy guys. I only met with the one guy but got loads of sketchy messages and too good to be true offers. If she didn’t know any better, she could’ve easily met up with someone who was fake.

I wonder if LC was trying to hide Kamdyn from the person she may have been meeting? Having a 2 year old around isn't the best date scenario. So, perhaps she decided to leave him alone somewhere while she went on a date and then she never returned from the date (for whatever unknown reason) so Kamdyn wandered off?

This is so scary after the release of info about the guy she met online she may of felt comfortable bringing her son along to see him and things went very wrong. Being a mom of a couple girls that’s a parents nightmare they seem to have no fear meeting people online. Jmoo, I hope they find her alive and well
She’s from small town Alabama, and young. She hasn’t experienced the harsher side of the world. Unfortunately, for as long as I’ve been alive, Florida’s been a haven for the dark side of society. :(

I think that LE probably has a treasure trove of images and videos as well as her digital footprint.

I wonder what was found in her vehicle? Cell phone? Purse? Diaper bag? None of the above?

Thankfully, Kamdyn is a child that has a certain type of cute/adorable sparkle that people notice! IMO

I am hopeful that tips are flooding in about sightings of them in the area prior to him being found wandering alone.

It is my opinion the truck has something to do with what happened to Leila. She was selling a small sedan, perfect for her and Kamdyn. She indicated she was in need of an SUV ASAP. Why did she need a bigger a vehicle? Find the reason behind that and you will have a strong clue.

So, jumping off this post, a few things come to mind:

1. shelter (I’ve watched some videos about homeless people who live in their cars and SUVs, not sure what her residential situation is.

2. “hauling” which was mentioned upstream

3. Room for stuff she was selling.

There are so many TOS violations in this thread, it may not get cleaned up until WS staff pick themselves up off the floor and stop hyperventilating.

Folks, READ THE RULES !! .. some of which are:

Members may sleuth the victim and the victim's social media. Member can NOT sleuth people who are not an officially named POI or suspect in any case and post about it in this public discussion where the whole world can read what is said.

If you want to refer to a friend of the victim who has been in MSM, you may use initials and discuss what is said by them or about them in MSM but ...you may NOT sleuth the social media of that person or anyone other than the victim and/or an officially named perp and post about it on this public thread.

IF you wish to sleuth and discuss someone behind the scenes, you may do so in private conversations with other members where you can add up to 20 members to the discussion. Just don't bring any of that private discussion to the public thread.

Websleuths is fact based on what is in MSM and what is shared by LE. Do NOT bring social media rumors to Websleuths and do not refer to them.

Again, please read The Rules that you agreed to upon joining Websleuths (most importantly in this thread, the two sections entitled Etiquette & Information, and Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

The Rules are linked in my signature below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member