FL FL - Leno, 47, & Louise Lazzari, 42, Boca Raton, 14 Nov 1949

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by gaia227, Mar 23, 2009.

1. gaia227

gaia227 I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an

This is an interesting case wiht numerous suspects. Considering Leno's profession, his philanderings and involvement with the anti-fascists movement in Italy the list seems endless. There are some bizarre things that occured after the murders. The apt was broken into and all of Leno's art was stolen and never resurfaced. A jewelry box that had been taken appeared inside the house three days after the murders.

Long and short someone broke into the Lazzari's apt, made themselves a snack and waited for the couple to come home and killed them both as they came in.

http://www.bocamag.com/Boca-Raton-Magazine/March-2009/Murder-in-Boca-Raton/

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2008/07/more-perfect-crimes.html

2. Loading...

3. KarlK

KarlK New Member

My money's on Franco either by himself or through a hired hitman. He was the one who stood to gain the most from the couple's death. As for the jewelry box Franco would not have stolen it if he was expecting to inherit it but someone from the investigation may have been tempted to snatch it then thought better of it and brought it back.

As for the Buick guy or a jealous husband the MO doesn't seem right, the killer appeared to have been familiar with the Lazzaris' routine and their apartment, seemed to have known he had time to fix himself a snack before they got home.

One thing that bugs me is they don't say where (or if) the Jeep was found. I suspect the killer went through Leno's pockets to get at the keys.

Regarding the robbery at the studio four years after the murder. that may or may not be directly related to the murder but was obviously organized by someone who knew the art was there. Surely if the murderer had intended to steal the works he would not have waited 4 years. It would be interesting to know if Franco actually inherited his father's estate, in which case the artwork would have been his property when it vanished. Insurance fraud could be a possibility.

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-boca-cold-case-20141205-story.html#page=1

5. STANDREID

STANDREID A slacker when slacker wasn't cool

A real puzzle but the jealous husband theory seems the least likely to me. Why not wait and get Leno alone where the wife wouldn't have to be killed? She, after all, was wronged the same as the supposed husband would have been. Was there even any real evidence that he was a philanderer?