GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Wacko's manager saw her drive in to work and Ruben moved over to the driver's side. He said he saw another person in the car. He did not say anything about children in the car or her kissing them before leaving the car. How did she kiss them? I know it sounds ridiculous but did she kiss them while inside of the car? This car only has two doors from what I can tell. Bending in to kiss BOTH of them would require her to get right back in there. Were the kids in car seats? JMO

All the same Q's I have matou. Opening the door, folding the front seat and leaning way in would have been how to kiss them if she was outside of the car. That would be obvious on video. From inside the car, she would have had to push herself between front seat or over front seat. But she states in the interview last night that she kissed both children "on the forehead" before going in to Wacko's. Also I'm not clear if WRE got out of the car or just scooted over from within the car to the drivers seat.

HaHa matou! Just saw your last post. We are thinking alike this morning. :happydance:

People use lawyers all the time even if they are not named as subjects. Look @ the Mike Brown case. Seemed like even the witnesses had lawyers.

Would she be able to afford a lawyer though.

All the same Q's I have matou. Opening the door, folding the front seat and leaning way in would have been how to kiss them if she was outside of the car. That would be obvious on video. From inside the car, she would have had to push herself between front seat or over front seat. But she states in the interview last night that she kissed both children before going in to Wacko's.

HaHa matou! Just saw your last post. We are thinking alike this morning. :happydance:

If her children weren't even in the car then she would be caught out in a lie. Seems as if her children being in the car hasn't been verified yet that i have seen by LE or anyone else for that matter?

If her children weren't even in the car then she would be caught out in a lie. Seems as if her children being in the car hasn't been verified yet that i have seen by LE or anyone else for that matter?
I just edited to add more to the above comment I posted. You are correct. I haven't heard anything either (or read) as far as LE verifying. The manager also says it was raining heavily when WRE's car pulled in but he was able to see that it looked like 3 people were in the car. Again, maybe Lonzie was short enough in his car seat that he wouldn't be visible. I hope that the video from the parking lot is good. LE may not have been able to see anything or they don't want to tip their hand. (Sorry, another poker reference).

It's also possible that LL just can't face the probability of Lonzie being gone, or the guilt she would feel if she acknowledged that she may have left her toddler with someone so evil. The defense mechanism of denial is so strong.

Just wishing that today would be the day that Lonzie is found, but since it's not in WRE's best interest, my hopes are dashed.

I still say if Lonna was involved RE is gonna hold this over her head as a control tactic. Example: she wants to leave him and he says "ok I tell the police you helped me" or whatever the case was. He seems to be a very controlling man (rape, plus all his charges). I don't know yet if I'd say she was involved because if he was she would be a POI too instead of just RE.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just wishing that today would be the day that Lonzie is found, but since it's not in WRE's best interest, my hopes are dashed.

Same :( my heart is broken for this sweet baby.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

It's also possible that LL just can't face the probability of Lonzie being gone, or the guilt she would feel if she acknowledged that she may have left her toddler with someone so evil. The defense mechanism of denial is so strong.

But regardless of how she feels she had a court order to have no contact with RE, and i wonder what she thought that was for? Definitely not because RE was a nice guy? There are some harsh penalties for violating a court order from a link i posted about earlier on these threads, and i think one of the penalties was imprisonment. She hasn't even been charged for that yet, and maybe she won't be because Lonzie is missing?

Here’s the fact. If you have been ordered to have no contact, either in a criminal case or because of a civil restraining order, no contact means no contact. None. Zip. Zero. Not if there is an earthquake. Not if there are nuclear missiles raining down on Colorado from the sky. Not even if the Rockies win the World Series.

I know. This sounds harsh. But I promise it is said in a spirit of tough love. Here’s the problem with contact when you are ordered to have none. It will result in either a new charge or contempt of court (usually a new criminal charge). Violating a civil restraining order (the same thing as a protection order) is a Class 2 Misdemeanor, subject to 3-12 months in jail and a possible fine of $250-$1,000. Violating a criminal protection order is a Class 1 Misdemeanor, subject to 6-24 months in jail, and a possible fine of $500 to $5,000.

What about when you have a pending criminal case already? Well, that sweet deal your attorney almost had worked out for you is likely gone. It is much harder for your attorney to get you a great disposition on a case when there are now two cases instead of just one.

And this information in this article is actually the statute in the state of Florida:

Violating a No Contact Order

In Florida, a violation of a no contact order is a criminal offense classified as a first degree misdemeanor. Thus a violation, will subject an accused to a new series of charges where each instance of contact is a separate offense. The charges will be termed “Violation of Condition of Release,” or “Violation of Pre-trial Release Conditions.” Where multiple contacts occur, a defendant could theoretically face years in jail (if maximum sentences are run consecutively).

Moreover, in domestic violence and most other cases, a defendant will automatically be placed on a “no bond” status, at least until first appearance. It is not uncommon for this no bond hold to remain in effect up to arraignment. If a bond is then set, it will be significantly higher than the defendant’s original bond.

A violation of a no contact order is a serious matter in Florida. You must scrupulously abide by the order until you have the order lifted or modified by the court.

http://www.husseinandwebber.com/crimes/violent-crimes/no-contact-orders-florida/

http://www.pattersonweaverlaw.com/t...g-calling-or-writing-with-a-no-contact-o.html

Why did LL feel the need to thank everyone who is searching for Lonzie in ponds and forested areas if she thinks he's still alive and was abducted? Kind of a contradiction there. I'd be front and center on the news demanding to know why LE don't appear to be searching for an abductor and a live child and pleading with the abductor to return my child. Unless I didn't really believe my child was alive and didn't think I had the acting skillz to pull it off.

I've defended LL from the beginning but that interview really left me with a bad vibe.

:dunno:

MOO

Why did LL feel the need to thank everyone who is searching for Lonzie in ponds and forested areas if she thinks he's still alive and was abducted? Kind of a contradiction there. I'd be front and center on the news demanding to know why LE don't appear to be searching for an abductor and a live child and pleading with the abductor to return my child. Unless I didn't really believe my child was alive and didn't think I had the acting skillz to pull it off.

I've defended LL from the beginning but that interview really left me with a bad vibe.

:dunno:

MOO

Really good points Kamille. ITA.

All the same Q's I have matou. Opening the door, folding the front seat and leaning way in would have been how to kiss them if she was outside of the car. That would be obvious on video. From inside the car, she would have had to push herself between front seat or over front seat. But she states in the interview last night that she kissed both children "on the forehead" before going in to Wacko's. Also I'm not clear if WRE got out of the car or just scooted over from within the car to the drivers seat.

Keep in mind it was raining hard when she was dropped off at work. The manager stated that when he talked about the video and a WSer also searched the weather stats from that day. So, if she kissed the kids good-bye, I would expect she was in the car when she did it rather than stand in the rain to lean inside the back seat.

JMO.

But regardless of how she feels she had a court order to have no contact with RE, and i wonder what she thought that was for? Definitely not because RE was a nice guy? There are some harsh penalties for violating a court order from a link i posted about earlier on these threads, and i think one of the penalties was imprisonment. She hasn't even been charged for that yet, and maybe she won't be because Lonzie is missing?
You are mistaken. Ruben Ebron had the court order to stay away from Lonna. She may or may not have known about it. No evidence to prove she did or didn't at this point in time. So she's not going to get charged for that violation by WRE.
Being that they had moved to his friend's extra bedroom, WRE may not have ever been served the court order, or if he did, I doubt he would have told Lonna because he obviously didn't care to obey it.

"His most recent arrest was on May 30 of this year. Court documents show that he was ordered to have no with Lonzie's mother and a 7 p.m. curfew. " - http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...rking-possible-child-abduction-case/30607457/

Most if not all of the interview is up now:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...rents-interview-believe-child-alive/31758843/

Ah well, I don't think anyone expected to learn anything from the interview anyway although she did confirm that the last time she saw Lonzie was when Ebron dropped her off at work.

RSBM Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't LL previously say that the last time she saw Lonzie was at 8pm at the laundromat? I will try to find a link, but I'm on my tablet and not so good at searching/linking from here. TIA.

You are mistaken. Ruben Ebron had the court order to stay away from Lonna. She may or may not have known about it. No evidence to prove she did or didn't at this point in time. So she's not going to get charged for that violation by WRE.
Being that they had moved to his friend's extra bedroom, WRE may not have ever been served the court order, or if he did, I doubt he would have told Lonna because he obviously didn't care to obey it.

"His most recent arrest was on May 30 of this year. Court documents show that he was ordered to have no with Lonzie's mother and a 7 p.m. curfew. " - http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...rking-possible-child-abduction-case/30607457/

That's the way I read it too - the onus is on Ebron to adhere to the stipulations.

Plus, why would JSO object to her visiting Ebron? There's no presumption of privacy during jailhouse visits except for attoney/inmate conversations. Even if Ebron and his visitors were very careful in what they said I imagine LE would welcome the opportunity to observe the visits.

http://www.jacksonvillecriminallawyerblog.com/2012/11/jail_calls_and_jail_visit_conv.html

I am not sure what makes her think that, but maybe she knows something LE doesn't?
I think i read earlier that she doesn't believe Ebron murdered Lonzie, so who knows what's really going on with it all? That's why i said earlier in my post that what does LL think happened to Lonzie then?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...rents-interview-believe-child-alive/31758843/

I just watched the video for the third time. LL says she doesn't believe he was murdered because there's been no evidence put in front of her and she can't accept that he was murdered. The reporter says at the end that she asked Lonna what she thinks happened and Lonna says she truly doesn't know.

I didn't hear Lonna specifically say she believes Ebron or not, just that she can't believe Lonzie was murdered.
As a mom, I get that. If police didn't share evidence that my child was murdered I would hold on to the hope that my child is still alive.

She did say she doesn't care if whoever has him leaves him in the most public place possible, as long as she can have him back, and she at this point wouldn't ask any questions.

None of the interview sounded to me as if she is lying or misleading or knows more than LE, she just seems to be a mom who can't face what LE thinks happened to her baby yet. IF LE hasn't shown her any evidence of murder, it's understandable that she is holding out hope that Lonzie is still alive. I didn't hear any past tense statements about Lonzie (using WAS instead of IS, for instance.). Did anyone else catch slip-ups? She also had a couple start-then-stop statements when talking about her visits with Ebron.

I think it's odd that they didn't want their faces on tv, but they say they want to protect the other kids. It's a good idea but their faces are out there already so I'm not sure it's much protection at this point.

It's an interesting interview, I'll have to watch it a few more times, with my ear buds in. The sound on my computer wasn't very good.

That's the way I read it too - the onus is on Ebron to adhere to the stipulations.

Plus, why would JSO object to her visiting Ebron? There's no presumption of privacy during jailhouse visits except for attoney/inmate conversations. Even if Ebron and his visitors were very careful in what they said I imagine LE would welcome the opportunity to observe the visits.

http://www.jacksonvillecriminallawyerblog.com/2012/11/jail_calls_and_jail_visit_conv.html

Thanks for that very interesting link! From Lonna's statement on the video interview, I got the impression her visits were geared to try and get him to make an admission or hopefully leak some information on Lonzie's whereabouts. She says she told him if he knew anything now was the time to talk...

RSBM Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't LL previously say that the last time she saw Lonzie was at 8pm at the laundromat? I will try to find a link, but I'm on my tablet and not so good at searching/linking from here. TIA.

The most recent MSM article says the last sighting of Lonzie was 8:30, but it doesn't specify if it was by Lonna. Perhaps the video of her being dropped off at Wacko's turned out to be verification after the police studied it. The article can be found at http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...rking-possible-child-abduction-case/30607457/

"Lonzie was last seen by someone other than Ebron at 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 23. If anyone has any information related to Lonzie's whereabouts, you are urged to contact the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at 904-630-0500 or, to remain anonymous and receive a possible cash reward of $12,800, call Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS."

Thanks for that very interesting link! From Lonna's statement on the video interview, I got the impression her visits were geared to try and get him to make an admission or hopefully leak some information on Lonzie's whereabouts. She says she told him if he knew anything now was the time to talk...

Welcome back from the wedding. Lonna needed some defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member