GUILTY FL - Luke Finch, 3, Cocoa, 28 Nov 2009

I noticed that Paul also filed an unfair labor suit with his previous employer in August. With all of the court cases in 2009, it's not hard to imagine a man with anger issues spinning out-of-control with nothing to lose.

I'm not faulting the guardian supervising Paul's visit with his son at the park. The guardian isn't an armed police officer. Since this was a planned abduction, Paul probably picked the right moment to make a mad dash to the car. I am, however, questioning why supervised visits are allowed in open areas like a park.

My bold. I agree. Why was this father not having supervised visitation at a visitation center?

I truly hope this little guy is ok and found safely soon. All one has to do is look at the NCMEC or Charley Project to see how many unsolved parental abduction cases exist.

They are really liberal with visitation

A comment from another article says this judge does this to other people too

This is not me if you are wondering. The problem is so prevalent you will often find people commenting like this.

http://www.floridatoday.com/comment...1130002/Cocoa-boy-s-mom-begs-for-son-s-return

caringmotherof2 wrote:

Just because they had a court appointed supervisor doesn't mean it was somebody with the Governorment/Courts. I have this same judge and he allows family members of the father to do the supervision and one they don't stay with him at all times so he is still allowed to have the drugs around my son and drive him around with no license and the judge doesn't care one bit nor does the sheriffs office. I have tried and tried and continue to try to protect my son but brevard county/and the state of Florida just don't care about the children. I do hope this child comes home safley, I know how this mother must feel because I worry everytime my child must go. We need to get Florida to change there laws for one and two get these jugdes off there high horses because they are not God like they seem to think they are. My prayers our with the family for a safe return

11/30/2009 3:29:09 PM

I'm wondering if he had a computer that he used to research "Sailing" type things. If he is concentrated on sailing to a certain area I'm sure he would have looked it up or asked others about it.

IMO, He sounds very manipulative from the little information we know, and if his friends are on his side they probably aren't too concerned to spill their guts on what type of questions he was asking and where he was thinking of going.

They are really liberal with visitation

Centers aren't really much better. I can think of half a dozen family abductions off the top of my head where the kid was taken from a supervised visit at a center. And that's not counting some foster care cases.

Forgive me if I don't know how to use this forum very well. I am new here.

Check out these links.

A person by the name of Ruth E Martinkainen has been commenting on several blogs. She has commented using her name and on another blog using REM. Could be on others with another name possibly.

She says she is not Paul's mother.

She has admitted there was plotting and claims the usual false allegation defense. Nevermind the guy has lengthy history including trafficking of ectasy along with DV and child abuse.

http://dastardlydads.blogspot.com/2009/11/allegedly-abusive-dad-kidnaps-3-year.html

ruth.martikainen said...
ok smart---. look here. you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. all you know is that this man was "alleged" aka accused of abuse. by the woman who chose to have a second child with him. she wanted him to be in that child's life. until he didn't want to be with her anymore. when he started fighting for his rights-she started accusing him of everything under the sun for vengeful reasons! and don't tell me you people have never heard of a woman doing this. Funny that the courts could never press charges! All the ---- allegations were DISMISSED! I think after jumping through hoops for so long and not getting anywhere-maybe people think a little more irrational but that doesn't make them bad. Maybe the people who push others to this should hold some responsibility on this issue. I know-for a FACT!- that he would not hurt that child. And I hope they get away!

November 29, 2009 4:06 PM
###

I still worry for that child,

His fathers eyes look crazy to me...This woman can be like a Nancy Garrido type... I do not know...SAD if she is telling the truth and he just loves his kid and got tired of fighting...Still has a lose screw... Putting himself and the kid in danger SAILING IN END OF NOVEMBER??? with a child??? is not sane.
There must have been another way :waitasec:

I still worry for that child.... Any news anyone? :(

And thanks for finding that...:) Interesting...but....

The person who was commenting was his relative. She was claiming that all charges were false, and that everything was dismissed. This is NOT true.

There are many reasons to be worried. History of abuse, bad temper, erratic behavior, etc.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...about-father-son-he-may-have-abducted/1055279

The allegations were verified by a Department of Children and Families investigation just days before the child went missing, said DCF spokeswoman Carrie Hoeppner.

DCF said there was no reason for the state to intervene because the mother had primary custody and the child was under the supervision of a judge.

DCF said it conducted several investigations of Martikainen this year but the only one it could comment on was the most recent, which verified the abuse. DCF closed its investigation Nov. 25, the day before Thanksgiving.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but most of his DV and the felony child abuse were Adjudication Withheld, not Dismissed.

Doesn't that mean that he wasn't found not guilty, but the judge will keep his record clean if he does certain things, like anger management or restitution, something like that?
I don't know for sure if the definition varies state to state. I know a lot of MI law, not much federal or other state.

I basically thought it was one of those things that they let people do and think they were getting a good deal so they would plead out, but most people still see as a guilty (kinda like nolo contendre.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but most of his DV and the felony child abuse were Adjudication Withheld, not Dismissed.

Doesn't that mean that he wasn't found not guilty, but the judge will keep his record clean if he does certain things, like anger management or restitution, something like that?
I don't know for sure if the definition varies state to state. I know a lot of MI law, not much federal or other state.

I basically thought it was one of those things that they let people do and think they were getting a good deal so they would plead out, but most people still see as a guilty (kinda like nolo contendre.)

Good explanation of Adjudication Withheld in Florida. Paul wasn't found guilty because he pled before the scheduled jury trial. He was on probation and, if he hadn't violated the terms, wouldn't have a felony on his record and could ask to seal/expundge the case at some point. If probation is violated, the judge can change the verdict to guilty.

Lot of entries here. Many failure to appear in court, criminal traffic, felony...

It would be difficult to be wrongfully accused this many times.

http://courtcon.co.palm-beach.fl.us/pls/jiwp/ck_public_qry_cpty.cp_personcase_details_idx

Z3500582 MARTIKAINEN, PAUL unavailable
Case: 501995CT037717AXXXSB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 06-NOV-95
Case: 501995CT041267AXXXSB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 04-DEC-95
Case: 501995CT042273AXXXSB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 11-DEC-95
Case: 501997CT015525AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 19-MAY-97
Case: 501997CT021199AXXXSB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 02-JUL-97
Case: 501998CF001536AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 13-MAR-98
Case: 501999TR049705AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 25-MAR-99
Case: 501999TR064572AXXXSB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 20-APR-99
Case: 502004TR160319AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 15-JUN-04
Case: 502004TR160348AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 15-JUN-04
Case: 502004TR166183AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 21-JUN-04
Case: 502004TR166186AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 21-JUN-04
Case: 502005TR020125AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 25-JAN-05
Case: 502008CT038883AXXXMB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 10-NOV-08
Case: 502008TR206141AXXXNB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 22-JUL-08
Case: 502008TR206145AXXXNB MARTIKAINEN, PAUL DEFENDANT 22-JUL-08
P1626644 MARTIKAINEN, PAULI unavailable
Case: 501998CC009986XXEVRB MARITA LAHTEENMAKI V PAULI MARTIKAINEN DEFENDANT 11-JUN-98

Page: 1 Records: 1 - 17

Authorities Search The Sea For Missing Boy
Monday, November 30, 2009 10:57:43 PM
<snipped>
Authorities said Paul Martikainen, 36, of Palm Bay, was having a supervised visit with his son, when he reportedly took off with the child. They said the visit was supervised because of allegations of abuse against the boy.

Finch and Martikainen are divorced, and she has full custody of the child.

She says he only got involved in his life about 6 months ago and that's when the supervised visits began. She also said she has always been concerned something like this might happen with the history of alleged abuse. Now all she wants is her son back safe and sound.

The Department of Children and Families confirmed there was a child abuse case involving Martikainen. The case opened Oct. 2 and closed Nov. 25.

*Much more at link!

Video: Mom&#8217;s Emotional Plea
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...plea_113020090404&cat=Local&title=Mom&#8217;s Emotional Plea

Video: Search Continues On Sea
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...GHMISSING_113020091050&cat=Local&title=Search Continues On Sea

Video: Mother Of Toddler Pleads For His Return
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...thersplea_113020090839&cat=Local&title=Mother Of Toddler Pleads For His Return

Video: DCF Comments
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...childdcf1130_113020091014&cat=Local&title=DCF Comments

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/11/30/authorities_watch_the_seas_for_missing_boy.html

:angel:

There is a huge problem in FL with abusers having visitation and often custody to the exclusion of the protective parent. DCF is not helpful, they lose kids, they fail to protect, foster care is awful, they drug children, and sometimes they die in foster care. FL has the most child deaths of any state. There has also been a 100% increase in domestic homicides since about a year ago. There is supposed to be a task force that is going to investigate led by the attorney general that was recently announced.
Pretty much every day there is some horrific homicide or missing child.
This really typifies the treatment of DV victims and CA victims. They have to continue contact with the person they name as the abuser. It's a nightmare.

The Men's Rights Groups are militant and there are hordes of unethical lawyers and court experts to advocate for abusers for a price. In cases where the abuser has a lot of money sometimes the mom loses custody and doesn't get to see her children. They do this by claiming that they are "falsely accused" and that the mother has a mental disorder and that the child is "alienated."

Until FL starts protecting the victims, there is going to be more of this and more deaths. When you see homicides where there is a history of DV, frequently you see denied ROs, and multiple filings for ROs. It is well known among DV groups that if you have a child with an abuser, you could very well lose custody to them in FL. So many stay in the abusive relationship, not wanting to lose their kids, and sometimes it costs them their lives. Even when they issue a RO, most likely an arrest and jail time was in order. There are plenty of victims who get the piece of paper when the perp really should have been in jail.

It is such a mess.

This boy's abduction is one more example of how careless FL is with the children.

Women who try to keep their children away from their abusers are often accused of parental alienation and the children are then given to the abuser.
Funny thing is that they then alienate the non-abusing parent by denying them access to their child/children.

Just got home and heard the mothers pleads for her child on the radio. This is so sad to know that this poor child is out there on a boat with this crazy person. OMG. Was this aired on NG? Im praying for this cute little one to be found.

Every hour that goes past, I worry more. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's getting harder.

Luke, where are you?

Just got home and heard the mothers pleads for her child on the radio. This is so sad to know that this poor child is out there on a boat with this crazy person. OMG. Was this aired on NG? Im praying for this cute little one to be found.

Nancy talked about Shaniya tonite -- and Tiger Woods...I guess he's not getting enough coverage elsewhere.

I found some more info on Martikainen:

<snip>

Martikainen pleaded no contest in June to misdemeanor disorderly conduct regarding a February altercation with the women during a child exchange in the Cocoa Police Department parking lot.

Authorities said Martikainen isn't known as an experienced boater, and an approaching storm that could create 10-foot waves poses an extreme danger to the occupants of the mid-'70s model boat.

However, court documents identified the supervisor as Bob Rumble, a friend of Martikainen's who acted as a character witness during an October hearing in the custody case. Attempts to reach Rumble on Monday were unsuccessful.

more here - including info in supervised visitation http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20091201/NEWS01/912010329/1086/rss07

Visits can vary
Whether to order supervised visitation depends on many things.
Circuit Judge J. Preston Silvernail, chief judge for the 18th Judicial Circuit, said allegations of abuse or inappropriate behavior in the presence of the child are among the factors that might prompt a judge to order supervised visitation.
In severe cases of abuse, a judge can terminate visitation altogether, but "sometimes allegations of abuse turn out to not be factually true and you want the parents to each continue to have contact with the child," he said.
In cases of neglect or abuse, the Department of Children & Families would be responsible for monitoring visits.
In regular divorce and custody cases, which are handled through family court, Silvernail said the judge could appoint one of the following:

An agency, such as the Salvation Army, which funds monitors through state subsidies, private donations and a nominal fee to the parents.

A professional, such as a social worker or psychologist, who is paid for by the parents.

Or third-party -- a trusted friend or relative who has been approved by both parents.
-- Keyonna Summers,FLORIDA TODAY

Sooooo -- Martikainen is brazen enough to fight in the PD parking lot, "loves" little Luke but takes him on a sailboat in November even tho he has no sailing experience, and a buddy was the 'supervisor' for his visitation.

I sure hope little Luke gets back to his mom...the more we find out, the worse this sounds.

When googling the name "Kristian Turunen" links come up for Finnish sites as those appear to be somewhat common Finnish names.

Also, he is an immigrant from Finland

http://www.wftv.com/news/21764062/detail.html
The boy was taken by his biological father, Paul Martikainen, an immigrant from Finland during a supervised visit at Riverfront Park in Cocoa Village Saturday. Police say Martikainen eluded the person supervising the visit and fled.

Also, Eyewitness News learned that Martikainen has a number of aliases such as Kristian Turunen, and even served time in federal prison in Alabama for dealing Ecstasy.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21764062/detail.html

Are we sure that he is an immigrant only. Or does he still have citizenship somewhere else.
I would hate to see this become a Hague case, those take forever for any kind of resolution (although the embassy is sometimes good at getting photos and updates sent out.)

I really don't care where this child turns up, as long as he turns up and is alive and unharmed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back