Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

FL - Man Buy Foreclosed House--Finds Body Inside

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by PastTense, Nov 6, 2014.

1. PastTense

PastTense Active Member

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...s-foreclosed-home-finds-body-inside/18557093/

Probably another sad case of someone not cared about by their relatives and neighbors.

2. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

That is pretty scary and sad at the same time.

3. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I was born and raised in Florida.Because it is a transient state with people coming and going during seasons,most people keep to themselves and do not get into anyones business.

4. teeandcee

teeandcee New Member

Born and raised in Florida as well. You've described it to a tee.

5. Nova

Nova Active Member

Also born and raised in Florida. I always assumed people kept to themselves to avoid other Floridians!

But I must say it's peaceful and relaxing here in California now that Florida has taken our title as Land of the Weird.

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/local/cape-coral/2014/11/07/yet-body-found-dwelling/18687019/

7. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...-cape-coral-corpse-remains-nameless/23799459/

8. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Active Member

This is so sad. :-(

9. Jan

Jan New Member

Doesn't anyone go through the house and look it over and evaluate or appraise it before it is sold?

10. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

I had an experience with this in my neighborhood. A woman who was estranged from her daughter died in a house and no one noticed for 6 months. the police were finally called by the homeowners association to do a check because her lawn was not being kept up. :mad:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

11. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

That is exactly my question. If it is in foreclosure or auctioned for unpaid property taxes, I would think that someone would have at least entered the house to make sure no one (deceased) was inside. Or is it like "Storage Wars" where the contents of storage units are auctioned off sight-unseen?

So sad for the poor woman who is deceased that no one checked....and three years later she is found under such circumstances.

:(

MOO

12. Moshimo

Moshimo New Member

The new owner bought the home at an auction. It was being sold due to unpaid taxes.
    Apparently still unidentified. Can't the police do DNA testing to see if it is the previous home owner? What happened to the belongings that were in the home, surely they hold clues such as relatives?

edit: I can see why DNA testing may no longer be an option..
    http://www.news-press.com/story/news/local/cape-coral/2014/11/07/yet-body-found-dwelling/18687019/

nevertheless, I get the feeling that this was just pushed into a drawer and closed. Rather frightening considering some of the circumstances..
    - Remains unidentified
    - The home was built by two sisters. "As of three or four years ago, there was one sister left. That was the last time most remember seeing her. Her name was Carmen Garcia-Viso."
    - The house was built with iron bars on doors and windows, the front door having four deadbolt locks, apparently the reason no one was able to get inside the home to check on the owner over the years
    - The man who bought the home and discovered the corpse "
    found Garcia-Viso's Social Security card and driver's license in a bottom drawer by the bed. He'd found the body on the floor of the master bedroom. Wilson said it looked like she'd been packing boxes to move, yet she lived her daily existence in a home full of stuff. There was no sign of a purse or wallet. Just junk mail, doctor's bills and medications and a few trinkets. Wilson hoped a personal letter could hold a clue to lead them to a friend or relative and found it strange that she didn't have any keepsakes."
    - "T
    he Postal Service has not delivered mail to 1130 SE 19th Lane in Cape Coral for three years." "Who stopped the mail? Or who forwarded it? That information is not public record, said Enola C. Rice with the U.S. Postal Service corporate communications."
    - partial LE search.. "
    Law enforcement took personal information from the home to assist in their search for family, Wilson said. They encouraged him to let them know what he found as he sifted through remnants."
    ..all via

- next-door neighbor Liz Palma "said she believed the owner died, her daughter lives in the Miami area.."
    http://www.news-press.com/story/new...s-foreclosed-home-finds-body-inside/18557093/

So to summarize, we have two sisters, one of who disappeared from the story about the same time the other disappeared from public view. The home was full of junk but the lack of keepsakes was considered puzzling. The body cannot be identified. Someone told the post office to stop delivering or forward mail around the time both sisters left the story but the P.O. won't tell the public who made the change. The person who found the body said it looked like she was packing to move.
    So in short.. we have no idea if it was the previous home owner or her sister that was actually found? If the neighbor is correct that the previous home owner has a daughter on the Miami area, the daughter's absence from the narrative seems conspicuous.
    Honestly, I don't feel that great about suggesting foul play could have been involved but on the other hand, knowing that the remains were never identified, I feel it is somewhat of a disservice to leave this case cold considering the abundance of information that was available. Just my opinion.