FL - Man Shoots 6 at Yoga Studio, Killing 2 and Then Himself, Tallahassee, 2 Nov 2018

Thanks rainy nights for these updates.

:(

This is too much. I can’t even read here right now.

So DOB 1978...that puts him at age (just turned) 50. right about average on my tiny 3 case study as anticipated (see above post re: 40s to 60s. It seems I initially estimated on the lower end of this range...
40 not 50

(*Side note: when looking at the article photo below, I took note of the LE presence on the left side of the building, second floor. If that is the location of the crime scene, I can't help but wonder if this location could have been more of a deliberate choice vs. random choice. Given the possibility of what seems to be a second floor, corner location in a plaza with other businesses. Jmo)

Yoga_Studio_Shooting_Florida_03167.jpg
The Latest: Shooter, 2 killed in attack have been identified

1950-Thomasville-Rd.png
Google Maps

40 not 50

(Yes I know, I can’t even get his age right and here I am trying to do a statistical study, embarrassing!!!!)

WTA: It seems that I did nail it though, white male in his 40s...that’s sad that I’m becoming an armchair expert on mass shooters...never saw that one coming...

—-

What kind of rifle is this?

Ranges in Germany

( @Hatfield, tia )

Last edited:
So the deceased victims it seems both had affiliations at Florida State:

“Tallahassee police identified the victims as Maura Binkley, 21, and Nancy Van Vessem, 61. Florida State University's president issued a statement early Saturday saying Binkley was a student and Vessem a faculty member.“

Shooting at Florida yoga studio leaves 3 dead, including gunman, several injured

——

This is the 1 a.m. update provided by Chief DeLeo on 11/3/18 about the shooting that occurred at Hot Yoga Tallahassee during the evening of 11/2/18.

Thank you for posting this informative PC. It appears the shooter is from Deltona, is this correct (listening again)—and LE is working to determine what made him “come into this community” to commit this crime.

——

“Investigators "are working diligently to try to link a connection between [Beierle] and any of the victims" and to determine any motive, DeLeo said.”

Florida yoga studio shooting leaves 2 victims dead, 5 injured; gunman kills self

——

His FB says he wanted a neaningful reltionship with someone. Probably killed a woman that was involved with him somehow.

He does not appear to have friends

I’m going to guuueeesss at this moment there will turn out to be a victim link, why? Because why would he choose a yoga studio— that doesn’t sound like a mass casualty location and neither does it really have any political/religious elements. MOO

(Will see if I’m 2 for 2 here)

Last edited:
So the deceased victims it seems both had affiliations at Florida State:

“Tallahassee police identified the victims as Maura Binkley, 21, and Nancy Van Vessem, 61. Florida State University's president issued a statement early Saturday saying Binkley was a student and Vessem a faculty member.“

Shooting at Florida yoga studio leaves 3 dead, including gunman, several injured

——

Thank you for posting this informative PC. It appears the shooter is from Deltona, is this correct (listening again)—and LE is working to determine what made him “come into this community” to commit this crime.

——

“Investigators "are working diligently to try to link a connection between [Beierle] and any of the victims" and to determine any motive, DeLeo said.”

Florida yoga studio shooting leaves 2 victims dead, 5 injured; gunman kills self

——

I’m going to guuueeesss at this moment there will turn out to be a victim link, why? Because why would he choose a yoga studio— that doesn’t sound like a mass casualty location and neither does it really have any political/religious elements. MOO

In his FB pic, he is really muscled up. He looks like he could attract women. But, is he another entitled incel?

In his FB pic, he is really muscled up. He looks like he could attract women. But, is he another entitled incel?

I know absolutely nothing about this incel stuff...I did a cursory google definition when it was mentioned in Pittsburgh...

——

181102-yoga-studio-shooting-al-2106_2040357579f0db0dbdca2894fa386b82.fit-760w.jpg

Police investigators work the scene of a shooting on Nov. 2, 2018, in Tallahassee, Florida. Steve Cannon / AP

—-

“The shooter has been identified as 40-year-old Scott Beierle. His mugshot is from a prior arrest.”

Shooter, two deceased victims identified in shooting at Tallahassee yoga studio

What was the prior arrest for?

““A Tallahassee Memorial Hospital spokesperson said seven people have come to TMH related to the incident with one currently in critical, three in serious, two in good condition, and one deceased.”“

Last edited:
“"As we process the gut-wrenching act of violence that took place this evening in a place of peace in our community, we hold in our hearts everyone who is affected and lift them up in love," officials tweeted from the city's verified account.“

Police identify suspected gunman and 2 people killed at hot yoga studio in Tallahassee
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/02/us...ing/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/&rm=1

—-

“The plaza is home to popular restaurants, a jewelry store, a framing shop, a hair salon and other businesses.“

2 Dead, 5 Injured In Shooting At Tallahassee Yoga Studio | HuffPost

—-

“The suspect, Scott Paul Beierle, 40, of Deltona, Florida, died of a possible self-inflicted gunshot wound, DeLeo said.”

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/02/us/tallahassee-fatal-shooting/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

(Looking up distance)

ETA: WOW it’s almost 4 hours away!?

“3 h 55 min (275.9 mi)
via I-95 N and I-10 W“
(Source: google maps)

——

_104157660_38238d10-098a-47b4-bf98-ea4e06feeaad.jpg

Gunman kills two at Florida yoga studio

“Mr DeLeo said his officers responded to reports of the shooting at Tallahassee Hot Yoga within "three, three-and-a-half minutes", by which time Beierle was already dead.“

Last edited:
“Van Vessem was an internist who served as chief medical director for Capital Health Plan, the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper reported.

Capital Health Plan issued a statement praising Van Vessem, the Democrat reported.

“As CHP’s longtime chief medical director, Nancy has been a guiding, visionary force in our daily work to serve the wellness and health care needs of thousands of families in this community. Her dedication, caring, leadership, humanity, and experience made her one of the most respected, inspiring, and accomplished medical professionals in the state and country. Our hearts are filled with sorrow and prayers for her family. We all have been so blessed to have Nancy in our lives,” the company said.”

Police: 3 dead, including gunman, after shooting at Florida yoga studio

““Many people are alive because this guy rushed the shooter,” Jacobs told the Democrat. "I am alive because one guy in a yoga class in his bare feet ran at a shooter. He didn’t run away."”

Florida yoga studio shooting leaves 3 dead, including suspect: reports

—-

“The people who came in were injured, including the bleeding man who was pistol-whipped while trying to stop the shooter. They told her the shooter kept coming in and out of the studio. When he loaded his gun, people started pounding the windows of the studio to warn people.“

Gunman walks into Florida yoga studio, kills 2 before fatally shooting himself

—-

“Late Friday night, Gillum spoke to reporters near the scene of the shooting to say that he had visited in the hospital two people who were shot at the yoga studio. The mayor said they were in good spirits despite their injuries.
Gillum asked residents to pray for those who survived and those who were killed in the shooting.
"We all feel a sense of added vulnerability" because of the shooting, the mayor said.“

3 dead, including shooter, at Florida yoga studio

Last edited:

I'd put money on it. He shot one woman 9 times--that is serious rage and I believe intentionally towards women. I think he was a very angry man who couldn't get a date with a woman (maybe a specific person in this room) and having just turned 40, this put him over the edge. As someone who is single and turning 40 next April, I understand the fear (**but not the rage or violence**). He had been arrested multiple times for battery (grabbing women). I see incel all over this guy. MOO.

Scott Beierle, gunman in Tallahassee yoga studio shooting, had history of arrests for grabbing women

ETA: do we need armed guards at yoga studios now? (sarcasm)

“Two other women were in stable condition in the hospital. One was shot nine times, and the other had a bullet pass through her body, Tallahassee .”

Snip

“"The truth is that these occurrences have become far too frequent in our society," Gillum said. "I would ask that the community continue to lift up the victims, those who are still recovering from their injuries."”

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/03/us...a-studio/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Hm.Previous arrest. I bet it will be stalking or a dv thing

At least 2 priors....

Scott Paul Beierle, 40, was arrested in 2012 on a charge of misdemeanor battery after allegedly grabbing the buttocks of two women on the campus of Florida State University, according to Leon County court records. He was arrested again in 2016 on a battery charge after allegedly slapping and grabbing another women’s rear end by the swimming pool at the West Tennessee Street apartment complex where he lived.

The State Attorney’s Office filed information in both cases. However, prosecutors eventually dropped the charges.

Scott Beierle, gunman in Tallahassee yoga studio shooting, had history of arrests for grabbing women

“According to his LinkedIn profile, Beierle described himself as a “job seeker” since June 2013. His profile notes that he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in political science and government in 2003 from the State University of New York at Binghamton. From 2005 to 2007, Beierle was an English teacher in Maryland in the Anne Arundel County Public Schools system, according to his LinkedIn profile.“

Who was Scott Beierle, the shooter at the Tallahassee yoga shop?

Also from above link:

Per LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-beierle-0237a287/

-U.S. Army, 2008, served a two-year hitch.

-2011 to 2013, attended Florida State University in Tallahassee

-master’s degree in public administration

-awarded a master’s of science in planning, and urban and regional planning.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆