UNSOLVED FL - Mandarin, Skeletal Remains in yard, Mar'11

are we allowed to sleuth the named former owner of the property? I don't want to violate any TOS

Something I have been thinking about since this report came out.
From what is said this house is a large house on a large lot. The workers there are the one's that found the remains. The home was owned by someone else for 30 yrs, the new owner just got it in Dec 2010 from what I understood.
It makes me wonder about the landscaping business that Katrina owned. Didn't Ron work for his late Aunt Katrina (Hope's mom- may she RIP) doing landscaping? Did we not hear at one point early on that Ron had said he was doing a landscaping job the afternoon of Feb 9? I just wonder if this could have anything to do with Haleigh? I hate the waiting. :banghead:

OK, I sent a couple of emails to a few reporters in hope they will keep the public updated on what is going on. I hope they take the time to follow up. The silence is driving me :crazy:

I did a quick map-quest from Green LN to Mandarin Road just to see how far it is from where Haleigh went missing. It shows that it's about 1 hour 15 mins away. Pretty far, but it still makes me wonder. Wasn't Misty in/near St Augustine area the weekend before Haleigh went missing while she was on her party binge? Anyone know how far this is from GGMS house? Anyone know if that store Ron stopped at is on this route? Not that this means anything, no knowing anything regarding the find on March 15Th makes ones mind just start to wonder. :banghead: Wish LE would at least say if it was an adult or child that was found. :banghead:

I am quoting my own post since I can not add to it. I was just thinking about Chelsea saying at one point that she kept telling LE to check the area around St.John's river and also mentioned the 309 area. That is one of the routes to get to 12300 Mandarin Rd. I know this is probably someone that has been there maybe 100 yrs. But who knows...I just want Haleigh to be found so badly.

I am quoting my own post since I can not add to it. I was just thinking about Chelsea saying at one point that she kept telling LE to check the area around St.John's river and also mentioned the 309 area. That is one of the routes to get to 12300 Mandarin Rd. I know this is probably someone that has been there maybe 100 yrs. But who knows...I just want Haleigh to be found so badly.

Maybe CC wasn't talking about this property in particular, but near it, or b4 you get to it coming from PC

May I please ask what is the 309?area?rd?What is it near?What did she say about that?

Maybe CC wasn't talking about this property in particular, but near it, or b4 you get to it coming from PC

According to AH Chelsea said she wanted the empty resort and surrounding Shell Harbour area searched.

Chelsea claims she asked investigators to search an abandoned resort next to the St. John’s dock, and the grounds nearby, “but they blew me off.” Sources familiar with her police contacts deny that account, and say they’ve searched every place imaginable.

http://www.artharris.com/2011/03/02/exclusive-strap-me-up-chelsea-croslin/#more-5105

May I please ask what is the 309?area?What did she say about that?

Shell Harbour Rd. is off 309, the road dead ends into the St. Johns river, the same area that LE searched last April after Tommy's "confession".

any news on who this might be that was found? TIA.

nothing is being said at all about this body found.....making me crazy!!

Something is very wrong with the LE down there, as I've, and many others have said before. They could AT LEAST release the information about the skull. Is it a child's skull or an adults? Very simple, no more info - just that.

Wonder what the chain of command is for this evidence. Hope it didn't "get lost." :banghead:

It's very strange that we haven't heard anything else about this. Not even if the skull belonged to a child or an adult....one of the first things LE will usually say. The silence makes me think this could be related to Haleigh. Why else wouldn't LE at least announce if the skull was a child's or an adult's??

It's very strange that we haven't heard anything else about this. Not even if the skull belonged to a child or an adult....one of the first things LE will usually say. The silence makes me think this could be related to Haleigh. Why else wouldn't LE at least announce if the skull was a child's or an adult's??

I don't see how this could possibly be related to Haleigh unless this was a yard that was tended by Katrina Belchers tree service or something.

The address where the skull & remains were found could be linked to Haleigh. If you look at the google map, the address is 12380 Mandarin Road in Jacksonville. The property sits right on the St. Johns river which runs from South to North. There's no other property between the address and the St. Johns It's 60 miles up river from 202 Green Lane. It is possible for it to be Haleigh, but there's so many missing. Wish they would let the public know if it's a child's or an adult's remains.

I wish they would do an update. I initially wondered if this might be the missing Chad Reynolds.

Just checking in to see if there were any updates. Wondering if this could end up being one of our other missing with a thread here.

I'll check back later. (thanks for the insight Dr.Know)

Video Report w/picture of area:Human Skull Found In Mandarin Yard 2011.03.15 http://www.news4jax.com/video/27207278/index.html

:maddening:Remains were found at a river front home, yet there is no update at all. I have emailed many reporters and even Jim P. from news4jax and no reply. Something is very fishy IMO. Why would the media just drop a story like this? These remains belong to someone, why is LE keeping this such a mystery? You would think that the family would have spoken out by now, but nothing. It is just so odd. Just like Haleigh's case, it is very very odd IMO. :maddening:

Video Report w/picture of area:Human Skull Found In Mandarin Yard 2011.03.15 http://www.news4jax.com/video/27207278/index.html

:maddening:Remains were found at a river front home, yet there is no update at all. I have emailed many reporters and even Jim P. from news4jax and no reply. Something is very fishy IMO. Why would the media just drop a story like this? These remains belong to someone, why is LE keeping this such a mystery? You would think that the family would have spoken out by now, but nothing. It is just so odd. Just like Haleigh's case, it is very very odd IMO. :maddening:

Madg, I strongly suspect this is perhaps poor little Haleigh's skull. The reason being is, there is nothing coming from LE. Let's face it, if it were an adult skull, I'm fairly sure they would have given a PC about it.

If, indeed it is Haleigh's skull, I'm sure the LE would not want a bunch or reporters, photogs, the mass media or the curiosty seekers down there.

Once again, it is being held very close to the vest. FWIW

I wouldn't completely rule out that it could be Haleigh, but Mandarin is a "historical" area (I am from Jacksonville originally and lived there most of my life). Mandarin, Fruit Cove and across the river, Fleming Island were all huge plantations at one time. If you were to look the legal descriptions for some of the properties they start out by saying ....a part of the (insert a name here) Spanish Land Grant, etc. They go waaaay back. I wouldn't be surprised if this was could have been some type of family gravesite that was unearthed. I would love to get some closure for Haleigh though.

OT - The Mandarin area is beautiful. Many years ago, I read a Eugenia Price book, "Margaret's Story" and it was based in the Fleming Island and Julington Creek areas. I loved it. If you aren't familiar with Price, she took facts about real people in history and created stories based on those facts. I guess she was a creative sleuther herself.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back