FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first it was a play-doh commercial but I clicked on a link above it and was able to see the suspect walking in a white jumpsuit. It sort of made me feel sad for him. He ruined his life with the game he played and I get it he needs to be locked up for life, but I have a feeling this is going to be capital murder with death penalty on the table and that's where I felt saddness for him. I don't believe in the death penalty for many reasons, but mainly because for me it seems like a easy way out of punishment. Life in prison is much harsher a penalty JMHO....

Agree about the DP, but I don't feel sorry for this guy. He was a cold blooded killer of innocent, vulnerable people. He's despicable.

I'd like to know what evidence they actually have.

It sounds like they have plenty which is all adding up to this guy being the right guy. Mainly the shell casings that were found at the scene of the murders apparently have been proven to have been shot from the same gun this guy had on him when he handed it to the McD employee.

They can tell that by looking at the markings on the casings as the gun ejects the shell casing. They would have fired a new bullet at the police station using his gun and then compare the markings on the casing under microscope.

"The F.D.L.E. comparison of the Glock firearm to the cartridge casings revealed that the cartridge casings, which were recovered in the first three murders, were fired in the Glock firearm."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...arrest-of-howell-emanuel-donaldson-iii?page=2

So yesterday when this went down we were hearing he told the manager not to call the cops until he was on a plane and gone. Anyone remember that? Wonder if there's any truth to it.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....casings-place-alleged-tampa/story?id=51454854

Shell casings and phone pings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The evidence is really piling up on this guy. They may even have blood from one of the victims on some clothing they found in the vehicle.

"When police searched Donaldson's car, they found clothing that looked similar to the clothes worn by the subject captured in surveillance video the night Benjamin Mitchell was murdered. The arrest affidavit states that police saw what appeared to be a blood stain on an article of clothing."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...arrest-of-howell-emanuel-donaldson-iii?page=2

So yesterday when this went down we were hearing he told the manager not to call the cops until he was on a plane and gone. Anyone remember that? Wonder if there's any truth to it.

I remember that discussion and there is one interview where the news lady that was at the scene that I cannot find right now where she talks to a gentleman who was in the McDs when it happened where he more or less says something similar. Its hard to understand him and another lady cuts him off and begins to talk to the reporter. If we can find that interview and try to understand what the first male is saying he talks about what the suspect said as he handed the gun over.

What charges would be sealed in NY? I don' t get that!

There was a interview with one of his co-workers at McDonald's who told him he looked like the suspect and they joked about it. She probably should have made a call to the tip line. It sort of goes to show that sometimes the very person is standing right in front of us and we don't quite see it. It might be a subconcious feature of our brains that protects us from danger. It's as though she knew it was him but dismissed it too easily...

denial. It's a problem. No one thinks someone they know is capable of heinous crimes, sometimes even presented with evidence/facts.

I looked at his facebook page.
Claims he graduated from St. Johns University.
Studied Computer Science.
St. Johns has quite a reputation.
He should have landed a high paying job.
Something is off. I dont get it.

Possibly something happened in NY where he was expelled from college. Something happened, but what?

[FONT=&amp]Donaldson Booking Video
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Hillsborough County Sheriff
[/FONT]Published on Nov 29, 2017

[video=youtube;k9vE1u-i068]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9vE1u-i068[/video]

I hope that they didn't protect him. They must have known the guy in the video looked like him. MOO

You'd be surprised at how many people don't watch the news like we do. I have friends in Tampa that had no clue there was a shooting in Seminole Heights. strange, huh?

Seeing where he lived and worked, etc. I don't see how his friends and family didn't recognize him. In news articles, many of his friends and school mates said they recognized him in the videos. Why did it take so long for people to come forward? It could have saved some lives.

snitches get stitches. Snitching can get you killed.

This is good news
I am very happy for the community, they need to feel safe in their neighborhood

Almost sounds like he wanted to get caught. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...uspect-in-Seminole-Heights-slayings_163105591
Arrest report details evidence that led police to suspect in Seminole Heights slayings

[FONT=&amp]Updated: November 29, 2017 at 08:41 AM
[/FONT]
TAMPA — Shell casings and cell phone data link the man police arrested Tuesday to four recent murders in Seminole Heights, an arrest report shows
[...].
Investigators found SIG brand Smith & Wesson .40 caliber shell casings at all four of the locations where Monica Hoffa, Benjamin Mitchell, Anthony Naiboa and Ronald Felton were found shot to death between Oct. 9 and Nov. 14, the report states. A forensic analysis by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement concluded that shell casings from the first three murder scenes were fired from a Glock handgun that Donaldson admitted to purchasing on Oct. 3 at Shooter’s World on East Fletcher Avenue in Tampa, the report says. Store receipts showed he picked up the gun four days later, after a mandatory waiting period, along with a 20-round box of SIG brand Smith & Wesson .40 caliber ammunition.

The casings found at the scene of Felton’s murder were not available for comparison but had previously been identified as being fired from the same gun of the first three murders. the report says.

It was that gun, according to the report, that Howell gave in a McDonald’s food bag to a coworker at an Ybor City McDonald’s on Thursday afternoon, saying he planned to leave the state. The coworker turned the gun over to a Tampa police officer who was in the restaurant doing paperwork at the time. The Glock had a loaded magazine containing five unfired rounds of SIG brand Smith & Wesson .40 caliber ammunition, the report says.
Donaldson told police that "no one, except for himself had control of the Glock firearm since his purchase," Detective Austin Hill wrote in the report.

Data obtained from Donaldson’s cell phone showed he was in the area of 1300 E Frierson Ave., in Southeast Seminole Heights, on dates and times that corresponded with the first three murders. Other cell records showed that within minutes of those first murders, on Oct. 9, 11 and 19, Donaldson’s phone was "geographically associated" with an AT&T tower that provided coverage for the areas that include all four murder locations.
[...]

Great map, but there is one problem, I believe.

The yellow dot is the boarded up house, not the family home. moo

The boarded up house is still owned by the family and it was where he had grown up.

FWIW Code Enforcement (Neighborhood Enhancement) had been issued a complaint on the lot for overgrowth on 8/24/17 and they performed an inspection on 9/28/17 confirming the lot had been cleaned up... Possibly the killer began using this house as a hideout while preparing for the killings and to avoid alerting any family or friends.

Attachments

• violation.jpg
    violation.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics