FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others, I thought it was someone who lived outside the area but worked/lived nearby. Some speculated he had a job nearby working a late shift that made it easy for him to go into the area late at night and not appear suspicious. Athletic, yep.

I speculated athlete, sharp, fit, and some urban sense of style. I didn't have a hunch about where he lived, but I didn't think he was homeless or a drifter. I did not get a drug or street gangster vibe from him. I didn't discount the idea of a female perp, so I was wrong on that.

(I don't do FB for following cases, so I don't know what people were speculating there and we can't discuss that
here anyway.)

I don't know why he spiraled down. I have a vibe about how he reacted to the downward spiral (destroy others), but I don't know why he spiraled.

jmo

Do we know how he left the crime scenes yet?
If by car where did he park? He had to be familiar with this neighborhood.
Did his gf live there?

What would cause a case to be sealed? Besides underage age/juvenile record?

That's the only reason I can think of. Can a victim ask for a case to be sealed to protect privacy? Or perhaps someone of influence helped seal the case so it wouldn't haunt him later in terms of job prospects. Speculation. Do we have a lawyer handy (Gitana, are you around?)

jmopinion

Do we know how he left the crime scenes yet?
If by car where did he park? He had to be familiar with this neighborhood.
Did his gf live there?

Those are the questions I am wondering about too. With that red car I dont get how he wasnt spotted.

It makes me think maybe he was hanging out in the boarded up house that supposedly was owned by his family. If his family owned a boarded up house in the area then he may have used that as his hang out and maybe he just ran back to it until things died down.

It would be interesting to also know his work schedule on the days of the killings to see if the timing of the killings was after he got off work. I think some McDs stay open till Midnight

ETA I have not been able to find links that talk about any properties that the family may have owned.

Those are the questions I am wondering about too. With that red car I dont get how he wasnt spotted.

It makes me think maybe he was hanging out in the boarded up house that supposedly was owned by his family. If his family owned a boarded up house in the area then he may have used that as his hang out and maybe he just ran back to it until things died down.

It would be interesting to also know his work schedule on the days of the killings to see if the timing of the killings was after he got off work. I think some McDs stay open till Midnight

I think the boarded up house is quite the jog. About three miles away.
Is it possible he waited, jumped back on a bus or crashed at a friend's house.
I'd LOVE to see his work schedule. Did he get off work around 7ish and take a bus #9. Did he follow the victims?
Was he mad he had to take public transportation?

Maybe even 24 hours?

I bet he was working the nights of the murders.

I wonder if any of the victims were customers? That's pretty far fetched, but worth considering.

jmo

Something changed and indeed it appears he was spiraling out of control. "IF" his linkin profile is facts, then we have an educated, athletic, consistently employed, young man who on the surface or from what we know, appeared to be doing well in life. Then 'something' changed. He went from living in NY, employed, to back in FL and apparently desperate for a job if he was working at McD. I am NOT downing an employee of McD! I'm saying it was would appear to be a much lower paying job then he has held. That sealed arrest in NY... "IF" it was drug related or gang related and sealed for his protection, kind of like an informant? I don't know.

What's the age again for young men and schizophrenia? Could a recent mental illness? He was just arrested, so haven't heard much from people that knew him yet. If there's no one saying they aren't surprised, that he had displayed some behavioral red flags...then I do wonder about mental illness.

Too lazy to go to the car. Maybe his work uniform was in there too. Why bring the gun in the restaurant though. This is the mistake that the police were talking about but it would take someone snopping in his bag to find out he had it. Really who looks in peoples bags? Although in this case it is a good thing.

BBM

It was stated that his coworkers joked with him about looking like the suspect, so if he brings in a bag and tells them specifically NOT to look in it, or wait until he was gone, it's not surprising that someone would indeed look in the bag.

It's obvious he either wanted to get caught, or expected to be gone by the time someone looked in the bag. Either way, he wanted everyone to know he was the person LE was looking for. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise. There was absolutely NO reason to bring the murder weapon inside, and tell people NOT to look, unless he wanted to be identified.

He was able to get away with this for over a month. He doesn't seem like a dumb kid.

I think the boarded up house is quite the jog. About three miles away.
Is it possible he waited, jumped back on a bus or crashed at a friend's house.
I'd LOVE to see his work schedule. Did he get off work around 7ish and take a bus #9. Did he follow the victims?
Was he mad he had to take public transportation?

I've wondered if he killed right before the bus arrived and then hopped on the bus before LE got to the scene. The buses probably have cameras - he might be on video if that is what he did.

Where I live, you can check an app to see how many minutes away the bus is from the stop. Maybe that's what he was checking on his phone and when the bus was the right distance away, he "snapped" into action and killed whover was available.

Another far-fetched idea perhaps....

jmo

Something changed and indeed it appears he was spiraling out of control. "IF" his linkin profile is facts, then we have an educated, athletic, consistently employed, young man who on the surface or from what we know, appeared to be doing well in life. Then 'something' changed. He went from living in NY, employed, to back in FL and apparently desperate for a job if he was working at McD. I am NOT downing an employee of McD! I'm saying it was would appear to be a much lower paying job then he has held. That sealed arrest in NY... "IF" it was drug related or gang related and sealed for his protection, kind of like an informant? I don't know.

What's the age again for young men and schizophrenia? Could a recent mental illness? He was just arrested, so haven't heard much from people that knew him yet. If there's no one saying they aren't surprised, that he had displayed some behavioral red flags...then I do wonder about mental illness.

Could the arrest for child molestation or rape? sealed to protect the underage victim?

I've wondered if he killed right before the bus arrived and then hopped on the bus before LE got to the scene. The buses probably have cameras - he might be on video if that is what he did.

Where I live, you can check an app to see how many minutes away the bus is from the stop. Maybe that's what he was checking on his phone and when the bus was the right distance away, he "snapped" into action and killed whover was available.

Another far-fetched idea perhaps....

jmo

If the bus is reliable it's absolutely possible escape route. I however, wouldn't trust a bus to be on time!
I'm still stumped on his ability to evade police.

If the bus is reliable it's absolutely possible escape route. I however, wouldn't trust a bus to be on time!
I'm still stumped on his ability to avid police.

But like I mentioned, there might be an app where you can check where the bus is and how long before it arrives at your stop. I use that app myself in my city. I can monitor where the bus is and when to expect it at my stop. It's not a schedule, but REAL TIME monitoring.

He could've been looking at a similar app for the bus.

Speculation. Who knows.

jmo

There would be no video of him playing basketball with St. Johns's because while he was with the team, he never got in a game---Just was a "bench-warmer"

Ahhhh. Maybe some high school games on YouTube. If only I didn't have to work! I would sleuth all day. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this person the one everyone was calling the Super hero?! I notice his instagram avatar is spiderman! I remember someone referencing a webslinging hero.

That's the only reason I can think of. Can a victim ask for a case to be sealed to protect privacy? Or perhaps someone of influence helped seal the case so it wouldn't haunt him later in terms of job prospects. Speculation. Do we have a lawyer handy (Gitana, are you around?)

jmopinion

I agree that being a juvenile would be one reason it could be sealed. The only other reason I can think of is sometimes a judge will seal the records to a case for some other reason. If it involved the school he was attending then maybe the school requested the judge to seal the case.

It would be interesting to find out what his previous legal trouble was to see if any hints to him headed towards a mass murderer.

This case is such a tragedy all the way around. He had a lot going for him and his entire future and decides to become a mass murderer. It is so bizarre. It really makes me think something was wrong with him mentally.

My thoughts are mainly with the victims and their familiies and that the community can now get some relief.

Since we followed this case so closely we of course have additional questions now about all the details of why he did such a thing. Its human nature for us to want to dig into this further now. Lets hope some good investigative reporters will be able to dig more information.

But like I mentioned, there might be an app where you can check where the bus is and how long before it arrives at your stop. I use that app myself in my city. I can monitor where the bus is and when to expect it at my stop. It's not a schedule, but REAL TIME monitoring.

He could've been looking at a similar app for the bus.

Speculation. Who knows.

jmo

true.

Is this person the one everyone was calling the Super hero?! I notice his instagram avatar is spiderman! I remember someone referencing a webslinging hero.

Wow. Its worth checking back on the posts about all that.

So far the things that matched to what a lot of us thought were the young age and athletic involvement. Those two things matched perfectly to what most of us have thought based on the videos we saw of the perp.

Wow. Its worth checking back on the posts about all that.

So far the things that matched to what a lot of us thought were the young age and athletic involvement. Those two things matched perfectly to what most of us have thought based on the videos we saw of the perp.

I could never figure out those posts. Care to summarize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member