FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But like I mentioned, there might be an app where you can check where the bus is and how long before it arrives at your stop. I use that app myself in my city. I can monitor where the bus is and when to expect it at my stop. It's not a schedule, but REAL TIME monitoring.

He could've been looking at a similar app for the bus.

Speculation. Who knows.

jmo

Thats a good theory.

Maybe we could check that out to see if Bus Route #9 has any way to look up live scheduling of where the buses are at.

I previously found an online schedule but I will look again to see if there is some sort of live route checking of where busses are.

And doing tricks with the basketball like players can do so well. He could flip around his cellphone because he had skills from playing ball, imo.

jmo
He played basketball for one yr at St. Johns. He was on the sidelines. He only played if he was needed.
Im sure that pissed him off. He felt he was not good enough.
His short comings are societies fault.

He played basketball for one yr ar St Johns. He was on the sidelines. He only played if he was needed.
Im sure that pissed him off. He felt he was not good enough.
His short comings are societies fault.

Injustice Collector

<modsnip>

He was NOT the webslinging superhero we all looked into (due to his FB connections with the first three victims).
He was NOT the second or third person I looked into that had ties to this neighborhood.
This just goes to show you how thankful we all should be to Websleuths "must be named in MSM article" to post here. If we had posted this person all over FB rumor sites or elsewhere, this person's life would be upside down.

The bus map posted earlier -- the address he was booked with is west of SH. If he took in the purple line to transfer at 9, it would lead him to that corner of the first shooting. But the 9 doesn't lead down to McDonald's, the 12 would. So taking that route wouldn't be the most direct. IMO, he probably just turned at that neighborhood, parked, and walked, but that red car would stick out to the neighbors...

EEK! I haven't caught up on the thread since the news broke last night but it sounds like a lot of the profiles we came up with were on the money.

- black male 19-24 years of age

CHECK.

- athletic form and gait (an athlete who possibly ran track and/or played basketball in high school)

CHECK - a former walk-on basketball player at St John's University in NY (2011-2012)

- appears to be killing for the thrill

CHECK - LE is saying there's no apparent motive

Hmmm... it looks like we're pretty good at this sleuthing stuff. [emoji5]

Other stuff I've learned:
(from TampaBay.com)

- he was born in NC

- he graduated from Alonso HS in 2011 after transferring there during the middle of his junior year (attended Tampa Catholic High School prior to that where he played basketball)

- went by the name Trai and worked at McDonald's

- purchased the gun used in all 4 shootings on October 3rd at Shooters World on E Fletcher Ave (he waited the mandatory 4 day waiting period before picking it up, along with a 20-round box of .40 caliber ammunition)

- the shell casings at the first three murder scenes match the gun he's admitted to purchasing

(I guess a different gun WAS used during the 4th shooting, as some had already suspected, which explains why they encouraged all residents to check that their guns had not been stolen.)

- he did not live in Seminole Heights; his family lives in Sulphur Springs and he's told LE he's not familiar with the neighborhood

- in addition to the gun evidence, cellphone data shows he was in Southeast Seminole Heights on the dates and times of the first three murders ("other phone records" show him "geographically associated" with the areas of all four murders) and LE also found blood on a hoodie that matches the one seen in surveillance footage in the trunk of his car

Did I miss anything important?

*I wonder what the "other phone records" could be? it's troublesome that the casings from only the first three scenes match and that the cell data only shows him in the area during the first three shootings, as well. Not to mention the fact that the 4th shooting also deviates from the others in that it occurred in the morning instead of around about 9 pm.

EEK! I haven't caught up on the thread since the news broke last night but it sounds like a lot of the profiles we came up with were on the money.

CHECK.

- athletic form and gait (an athlete who possibly ran track and/or played basketball in high school)

CHECK - a former walk-on basketball player at St John's University in NY (2011-2012)

CHECK. (LE are saying there was no apparent motive)

it looks like we're pretty good at this stuff. [emoji5]

other info I've learned:
(TampaBay.com)

- he was born in NC

- he graduated from Alonso HS in 2011 after transferring there during the middle of his junior year (attended Tampa Catholic High School prior to that where he played basketball)

- purchased the gun used in all 4 shootings on October 3rd at Shooters World on E Fletcher Ave (he waited the mandatory 4 day waiting period before picking it up, along with a 20-round box of .40 caliber ammunition

- the shell casings at the first three murder scenes match the gun he's admitted to purchasing

(I guess a different gun WAS used during the 4th shooting, as some had already suspected, which explains why they encouraged all residents to check that their guns had not been stolen.)

- he did not live in Seminole Heights; his family lives in Sulphur Springs and he's told LE he's not familiar with the neighborhood

- in addition to the gun evidence, cellphone data shows he was in Southeast Seminole Heights on the dates and times of the first three murders ("other phone records" show him "geographically associated" with the areas of all four murders) and LE also found blood on a hoodie that matches the one seen in surveillance footage in the trunk of his car

Did I missed anything important?

*I wonder what the "other phone records" could be? it's troublesome that the casings from only the first three scenes match and that the cell data only shows him in the area during the first three shootings, as well. Not to mention the fact that the 4th shooting also deviates from the others in that it occurred in the morning instead of around about 9 pm.

I'm shocked he's NOT familiar with the neighborhood.
Why did LE think he didn't drive away? Why was that possibility immediately dismissed? How did they miss a bright RED Mustang?!!!

To everyone wondering "why" a perp would do this and what a motive could be. I am a retired corrections officer for the State of Florida with 15 years experience working in a "MAX" security prison. I lived 15 years with people like this, talked to them everyday and listened to their stories. In Florida, except for death row, the inmates are not in cells but in open dorms and are free to walk around, so officers talk and interact with the inmates a lot. In all my time and listening to countless stories, 1 fact remained clear to me. MOST of these perps do not think like you and me and we will never be able to understand their reasoning for committing crimes,hell some of them themselves don't know why they did what they did. Just thought I would share my experience.

Yep, but I just seemed strange that he apparently wanted to do that. His family is not poor ? Or didn't he want to ask them for a loan ?

I think those places also offer check cashing services, so he may have only been cashing a check, not getting a loan.

To everyone wondering "why" a perp would do this and what a motive could be. I am a retired corrections officer for the State of Florida with 15 years experience working in a "MAX" security prison. I lived 15 years with people like this, talked to them everyday and listened to their stories. In Florida, except for death row, the inmates are not in cells but in open dorms and are free to walk around, so officers talk and interact with the inmates a lot. In all my time and listening to countless stories, 1 fact remained clear to me. MOST of these perps do not think like you and me and we will never be able to understand their reasoning for committing crimes,hell some of them themselves don't know why they did what they did. Just thought I would share my experience.

thank you.

I could never figure out those posts. Care to summarize?

I dont have the details either about the superhero posts because I think it was from some websites that were not part of TOS for WS so I think some of the information could not be shared here.

If anyone can elaborate about the superhero posts maybe some of it can be shared if it ties to the person who was arrested.

In another case, I would think he wanted to be caught.

In this case, however, I don't think so. I think he loved the risk. I think he was having a good time giving her that bag with instructions not to look....and would've have an even better time when he returned to the McDs to get it back from her. He likes taking risks right under people's noses and getting away with tricks and crimes.

That's my armchair analysis.

jmopinion

That’s not even taking a risk. That’s basically as good as confessing to her. 99% of people handed a heavy bag and told “don’t look” are going to look. He had to have known she would look.

I'm shocked he's NOT familiar with the neighborhood.
Why did LE think he didn't drive away? Why was that possibility immediately dismissed? How did they miss a bright RED Mustang?!!!

ooohhh see, I haven't heard about this red Mustang yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That earlier video link with the female reporter interviewing a witness at the McDs seemed to say that the perp told them not to do anything until he was "gone". If I heard it right. Seemed to imply to me that he was going to take off once he got back.

Hmmm, ok, so maybe he was risk taking by knowing they’d look in the bag, but he was asking them not to report him until he’d retrieved the gun and left. So maybe he was hoping for a police chase and possible shootout?

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is appreciated.

The one thing that has taken me awhile to grasp with a lot of the evil cases like this one is a perp having lack of empathy.

People that have no empathy for others feelings is a hard thing for a lot of us to grasp. It has taken me awhile to realize that some people just dont "feel" for others. They dont care. They dont give a S about others so it allows them to do horrible and terrible things.

Once I began to realize what a lack of empathy really is then I began to understand how some of these killers do the horrific things they do.

Maybe even 24 hours?

I bet he was working the nights of the murders.

I wonder if any of the victims were customers? That's pretty far fetched, but worth considering.

jmo

Were any of the victims customers at M.D's,
OR at the family beauty business?
If he was working at the time of the various murders, was he wearing his work hat- under the hoodie, giving that lumpy, imo, look to the hood?
speculation.imo

good point! It's similar to the reasoning of a mentally ill person - it's impossible to know or understand how they arrived at a conclusion that isn't based in reality. (BTW, I'm not saying this guy is mentally ill. I'm just saying that we can't ever truly understand why a cold blooded killer, such as himself, decided to kill innocent strangers.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHECK.

CHECK - LE is saying there's no apparent motive

Hmmm... it looks like we're pretty good at this sleuthing stuff. [emoji5]

Other stuff I've learned:
(from TampaBay.com)

- he was born in NC

- purchased the gun used in all 4 shootings on October 3rd at Shooters World on E Fletcher Ave (he waited the mandatory 4 day waiting period before picking it up, along with a 20-round box of .40 caliber ammunition)

Did I miss anything important?

The first 3 murders happened around 9 pm? I was thinking it was a lot later than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth